PDA

View Full Version : Want to be class president? Not if you're black, in one Miss. school

darth los
27-Aug-2010, 05:19 PM
Between the Homophobia, Islamophobia and racism, I don't even know what country I'm living in anymore.

What year is this again?

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/38880820/ns/us_news-life/

:cool:

BillyRay
27-Aug-2010, 05:24 PM
So far, Springer said the sense in the town is to let sleeping dogs lie.

"The talk around the town is that this is the way it is, that's just the way it is and nobody knows any better, nobody wants any better and that's why nobody's challenged it," Springer said.

I guess it's okay if it's "tradition" or "heritage".

Oh, and if you live in rural Mississippi...

http://media.musictoday.com/store/bands/2116/product_small/4ICT11.JPG

darth los
27-Aug-2010, 05:33 PM
That's funny.

I thought the 13th, 14th ammendments, and the civil rights act of 1964 not only challenged that but made it illegal.

I guess it's just me.

:cool:

AcesandEights
27-Aug-2010, 05:43 PM
That is weird, dude.

"Student elections have not yet been held at Nettleton Middle School for the
2010-2011 school term. The processes and procedures for student elections
are under review. We are reviewing the origin of these processes,
historical applications, compliance issues, as well as current implications
and ramifications. A statement will be released when review of these
processes is complete."

Thank You

Superintendent
Russell Taylor

BillyRay
27-Aug-2010, 05:48 PM
That's funny.

I thought the 13th, 14th ammendments, and the civil rights act of 1964 not only challenged that but made it illegal.

I guess it's just me.

Sory, Los, but those ammendments were sold to a large multi-national last year in an attempt to balance the budget. I think it may have been Haliburton. Or maybe Blackwater (I'm sorry.....Xe services.)

And the Civil Rights Act was negated by Dubya's "Brotherhood and Equality" Act of 2007.

Which worked much in the same way as his Clean Air, Clean Water, and Patriot Acts.

As in "The-opposite-of-what-the-name-says".

The First Ammendment has so far been too pricy to sell, but Disney and Viacom have their eyes on it...

:shifty:

bassman
27-Aug-2010, 06:20 PM
Not that I agree with it.....but in my neck of the woods, I see this kind of crap all the time. Whites want nothing to do with the blacks, blacks want nothing to do with the whites, etc. It's sad really, but that's just the way it is around some places. A lot of them just down right loathing the other.

When I was in high school, the blacks pretty much stuck to football. I never did ANYTHING after school related so I don't know if it was by choice or by demand, but I know they were never in any of the academic groups. It was like an unspoken agreement or something. :rolleyes:

MikePizzoff
27-Aug-2010, 08:39 PM
What year is this again?

Apparently, in that town, it's 195_.

slickwilly13
27-Aug-2010, 08:48 PM
So, if you are a Mexican or an Asian, then you cannot run?

dracenstein
27-Aug-2010, 08:55 PM
Of course they can run - just as long as they run faster than the Klu Klux Klan!

bassman
27-Aug-2010, 09:40 PM
Of course they can run - just as long as they run faster than the Klu Klux Klan!

:lol: Misspelled racism. Classic.

BillyRay
27-Aug-2010, 09:42 PM

Reminded me of this scene from Bustin' loose:

7x8CtlS1Msw

(Sorry about the crappy quality, this is the only version on YouTube)

dracenstein
27-Aug-2010, 09:53 PM
Sorry about the spelling but I haven't really thought about them in years. Or care.

acealive1
28-Aug-2010, 01:43 AM
this reminds me of this old school pro basketball league some idiot dreamed up this year and said "its not racist, we just wanna show people what basketball was like at its purest form when it was all white and our league doesnt allow blacks"

nice wording,asshole.

SRP76
28-Aug-2010, 06:33 AM
Why did every single one of you miss the entire point?

This is an article stating that this was a 30-year-old, outdated rule and they are abolishing it. The fuck is the problem here?

Anyone bitching that the rule was put in place to begin with needs to get a clue. If it weren't, how many blacks do you think would have been elected to jack shit during integration? ZERO, that's how many. This template was created to get blacks onto the student government, not keep them off of it.