PDA

View Full Version : Finally I remember to post this: Question about Day publicity photo

SymphonicX
05-Sep-2010, 08:24 AM
Does anyone have any info on where this photo came from?

It pops up at the end of Document of the Dead, was part of the original movie promo photographs that were released, and also pops up on the Day DVDs under the stills sections - but of course it doesn't exactly feature in the movie - nor do any snakes of any kind really. Does anyone have any clues on this?

Neil
05-Sep-2010, 08:44 AM
So, needs to be rotated by 90degrees? Looks like a scene from the opening part of the movie, which obviously wasn't used?

SymphonicX
05-Sep-2010, 08:59 AM
yeah I took it on my phone so dont really have the ability to rotate it on a work computer - but you can turn your head sideways....

But its weird because there were snakes on the set of Day? No one ever talks about this photo or if it was part of an unused scene? there's got to have been a tangiable reason for it...

thxleo
05-Sep-2010, 03:14 PM
That shot was cut from the film due to a technical glitch. In the book The Zombies that ate Pittsburgh the shot is discussed by John Harrison, who directed the second unit scenes. He says in the book "When we shot that, it was about six o'clock and we were losing light fast. We made the mistake of plugging our lights into a power generator that wasn't synchronous with the camera's motor, so we wound up with a strobing effect on film."
If you watch the opening of the film though, when it shows zombies walking down the sidewalk, you can spot this zombie in the window for a brief moment.

SymphonicX
05-Sep-2010, 04:36 PM
that's awesome - I'll definitely keep an eye out for that, I totally need a copy of that book... :)

Neil
05-Sep-2010, 07:11 PM
That shot was cut from the film due to a technical glitch. In the book The Zombies that ate Pittsburgh the shot is discussed by John Harrison, who directed the second unit scenes. He says in the book "When we shot that, it was about six o'clock and we were losing light fast. We made the mistake of plugging our lights into a power generator that wasn't synchronous with the camera's motor, so we wound up with a strobing effect on film."
If you watch the opening of the film though, when it shows zombies walking down the sidewalk, you can spot this zombie in the window for a brief moment.

Perfect! Thanks! :thumbsup: