PDA

View Full Version : Scott Pilgrim vs The World

Neil
08-Sep-2010, 09:09 AM
Saw it last night... Still trying to work out if I enjoyed it :)

That said, it's absolutely out there on a limb, which I loved. It's nice to go the cinema and see something trying to be a little bit different.

I think I'd give it a 7/10. It was good, but some of it didn't quite work for me well enough.

bassman
08-Sep-2010, 11:46 AM
And was Cera doing his usual "acting"?

Tricky
08-Sep-2010, 12:09 PM
I dont want to see this for the same reasons I dont own an iPhone or iPod, or watch "flight of the chonchords" etc, all those geeky wavey haired cargo short wearing student/ex student types are foaming at the mouth over it! :lol:

blind2d
08-Sep-2010, 04:40 PM
Yeah... I'll rent it... eventually... maybe... looks somewhat interesting.

AcesandEights
08-Sep-2010, 05:00 PM
And was Cera doing his usual "acting"?
http://blogs.sfweekly.com/thesnitch/MasterThespian.jpg

Danny
09-Sep-2010, 01:27 AM
I loved it, but then i've been a fan of the books for years now AND its a goddam edgar wright movie. The pacing was off and some crucial bits from the books were missing- plus it had a different more shitty ending, but on the whole i was grinning from ear to ear as i watched it. Ceiran Kulkin totally stole the whole goddam movie, Cera was a blank slate compared to this guy who got the character of wallace wells SPOT.ON.

That said i'm kind of the target generation for this too so again my opinion isnt gonna account for shit for most of the 30 somethings or late twenty somethings who might see this in the same lame, shitty, artificial light across a generational gap like i do with films like human traffic.

Its a product of its time, its an edgar wright film, full of video gamey, hipstery, post 2000-ey indie schtik most of you will hate, but probably not enough to not enjoy what edgar has brought to it himself. Certain points in particular, like a recurring gag with a hat, are totally an edgar move you can see the exact same moves in hot fuzz and shaun. Though in some ways edgars really improved his game in terms of cinematography. He's learnt some new tricks so dont expect the same "woosh" quick pan sharp edits hes known for and something a little more varied.

I would say watch it if you liked.... im gonna say eternal sunshine of the spotless mind, hot fuzz, superbad, juno or mallrats since it seems to be little bits from all of them blended together.

Danny
09-Sep-2010, 01:30 AM
I dont want to see this for the same reasons I dont own an iPhone or iPod, or watch "flight of the chonchords" etc, all those geeky wavey haired cargo short wearing student/ex student types are foaming at the mouth over it! :lol:

>my face when im that kinda guy.

http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y91/khazrak/758.gif

-for the record, season 2 of chonchords was not funny. like, remotely. total one season wonder.