PDA

View Full Version : Interesting: Gas Prices in SF Bay Area - 2008

LouCipherr
09-Sep-2010, 07:10 PM
http://i38.photobucket.com/albums/e104/LouCipherr/Useless%20Shit/gas-price-2008.jpg

Wow, how quickly things change. :stunned:

***edited to add: not posted to start a political debate - leave it out of this thread. Just posted as an "interesting observation" :p

AcesandEights
09-Sep-2010, 07:43 PM
Wow, how quickly things change.

I visited San Fran this Summer and those were most definitely not the prices. Sucks, no doubt about that.

***edited to add: not posted to start a political debate - leave it out of this thread. Just posted as an "interesting observation" :p
You're not the boss of a' me!

Tippecanoe and Tyler too!
http://www.sfgate.com/blogs/images/sfgate/black/2009/04/22/nixon.jpg

LouCipherr
09-Sep-2010, 08:16 PM
I visited San Fran this Summer and those were most definitely not the prices. Sucks, no doubt about that.

I bet they weren't! Scary how things change over the course of just 2 short years, eh?

You're not the boss of a' me!

Tippecanoe and Tyler too!
http://www.sfgate.com/blogs/images/sfgate/black/2009/04/22/nixon.jpg

:lol:

Well, you know how things go around here... someone will blame bush, someone will blame obama, then it devolves into insanity.. (dogs and cats, living together, mass hysteria! That one's for you, BC! :lol: :D) I just thought it was interesting to see how much 2 years can make a difference.

So what were the prices you were seeing there this summer? $3/4 per gal? Seems to be the norm in CA at this point. :(

AcesandEights
09-Sep-2010, 08:19 PM
So what were the prices you were seeing there this summer? $3/4 per gal? Seems to be the norm in CA at this point. :(

I want to say high 3s or low 4 dollar range. 3.80 something rings a bell, but it wasn't so memorable because NY prices are pretty ass-rapey themselves.

darth los
09-Sep-2010, 08:36 PM
It's crazy how gas is that expensive yet a gallon of milk still costs more.

Someone riddle me that one? :duh:

:cool:

LouCipherr
10-Sep-2010, 01:51 AM
I guess it's good I did that conversion on my car to make it run on gas instead of milk. :lol:

I want to say high 3s or low 4 dollar range. 3.80 something rings a bell, but it wasn't so memorable because NY prices are pretty ass-rapey themselves.

Goddamn, that's insane. If I had to pay 4 bucks a gallon, I don't think I could afford to drive. I guess that means in a few years I'll be riding a scooter. :lol:

DjfunkmasterG
15-Sep-2010, 05:25 PM
I guess it's good I did that conversion on my car to make it run on gas instead of milk. :lol:

Goddamn, that's insane. If I had to pay 4 bucks a gallon, I don't think I could afford to drive. I guess that means in a few years I'll be riding a scooter. :lol:

Ummm, in the summer of 08 we were paying $4.00 a gallon... $4.25 in my neighborhood and the national average was $4.11, then after the election, job losses (Mostly this) which led to a decrease in demand we found ourselves overstocked on fuel (winter 08/09) then fuel prices dropped to about $1.57 in my area... but then the Saudi's and OPEC drastically slowed production down to get prices back up to the $2.25 a gallon range and higher because the lowest amount per barrel they will allow is $60.00 and now they are asking for $90.00 a barrell and are about to slow production again to get prices higher.