PDA

View Full Version : 127 Hours

bassman
13-Sep-2010, 01:34 PM
Danny Boyle's new flick starring James Franco.

Ba1IhHAqLgw?fs=1&hl=en_US

The teaser is decent enough by itself, but it wasn't until I looked up the story of what happened that I became really interested. Long story short, guy goes climbing without telling anyone where he's going, gets arm trapped under a boulder, stuck there for five days until .....(drumroll please)....he amputates his own arm.

Here's the real guy telling his story. If it seems graphic just listening to this guy tell the story, imagine how Boyle will most likely portray it on screen...:stunned:

B2XLoQ1xYB0?fs=1&hl=en_US

Regardless of the graphic nature of the story, this could really be a powerful flick, imo...

Trin
13-Sep-2010, 01:44 PM
They did a couple page story on this guy in People several months ago. It was pretty amazing... and unnerving.

He did say something pretty interesting. I guess a lot of people told him they didn't think they could do the same thing in his place. And he basically said that he would've said the same before he was confronted with it. The message was that he didn't think he was special for it, and that most people in the same situation could do it. Pretty classy response.

BillyRay
13-Sep-2010, 01:50 PM
Fz3vXvJo8dc

AcesandEights
13-Sep-2010, 02:06 PM
Oh, that's right, I heard they were doing a film about this dude. He's gotten a ton of press from his ordeal. That happened some time ago.

bassman
13-Sep-2010, 03:21 PM
Billy - :lol:

What kind of fucked up cartoons are you watching? At least this Ralston guy had the sense to break his bones first. And amputate the correct limb! :p

bassman
07-Oct-2010, 10:40 PM
Trailer #2:

l0GycqTaXwQ?fs=1&hl=en_US

Really looking forward to this. Looks like it will be quite moving...

MoonSylver
07-Oct-2010, 10:47 PM
Meh. Not really my cup of tea, Plus I know how the true story goes. If only there'd been someone around to lend him a hand... :nana: