PDA

View Full Version : Day of the Dead2: Contagium

Guru ofthe Dead
12-Jun-2006, 05:57 AM
Has anybody else seen this film. I picked it up in Pittsburgh. Outside of the lame acting and poor script (I think that) the special affects seemed pretty good. What do you guys who may have seen this think.

DjfunkmasterG
12-Jun-2006, 10:43 AM
I would say a good protion of HPotD members have seen this film and the consensus would be that it sucks. I don't think anyone would have had as much of a problem with it had it not contained DAY of the DEAD in the title.

MinionZombie
12-Jun-2006, 10:58 AM
With or without the name thievery, Contagium is utter crap, pure and unbridled tosh. And the special effects still sucked - the military convoy of CG vehicles was hilarious, they actually had about one or two real jeeps, everything else was CG. Perhaps the acting was CG as well?

DjfunkmasterG
12-Jun-2006, 11:11 AM
Actually the proper term is Visual FX. I watched a documentary recently where the interviewer was talking about CGI and the interviewee rudely corrected them and said... "It is Visual FX art. We don't call it CGi."

scoracrasia
12-Jun-2006, 11:21 AM
Gayest movie ever. Well, next to brokeback mountain that is.:moon:

DjfunkmasterG
12-Jun-2006, 12:32 PM
Brokeback isn't as gay as Day of the Dread 2: Constipation

livingdeadboy
12-Jun-2006, 12:56 PM
I agree Day of the S**t 2 makes movies like COTLD seem like Saving Private Ryan.

MinionZombie
12-Jun-2006, 02:29 PM
pfft, I ain't got no time to be talkin' "Visual FX Art" jibber jabber FOOL, shut your crazy rap, I'm gonna be talkin' 'bout CG - it's easier and quicker mudsucker! :D

You can tell someone's been watching a lot of A-Team lately eh? :cool:

Danny
12-Jun-2006, 03:59 PM
woah you went all b.a on us there for a minute:D , but i honestly hated it it tried to alter the romero rulse, now you just dont do that, simple as thats rule number one.

plus the makeup looked like a greb-luchadore that listens to korn and linkin park:D

Guru ofthe Dead
12-Jun-2006, 04:57 PM
I'm glad that I brought this one up. It seems that everyone like me seems that the rules were changed to try and make it like a new type of dead film. I agree with minionzombie on the CGI acting and after thinking about it some of the gore was gay. As an addition it is like the Toxic Avenger meets the Living Dead. Personally they should have came up with a different name completely.

Tullaryx
12-Jun-2006, 05:11 PM
As an addition it is like the Toxic Avenger meets the Living Dead. Personally they should have came up with a different name completely.

I think a Toxic Avenger vs the Living Dead would make for a kick-ass Troma film.

Danny
12-Jun-2006, 05:54 PM
depends if you mean troma pre "citizen toxie"...ugh that film sucked.

what the funk was up with "captain kabuki man, nypd":lol:

kingofmonsters2
12-Jun-2006, 06:20 PM
ive said it once ill say it a thousand times

"THEY HID CONTAGIUM IN A ****ING THERMOS"
the power of explosions, reconstruction of the compound, landscaping, cartakers, 30 years and weather and the elemants couldnt damage the thermos, nobody found the thermos, not one soldier, now one construction worker ( they never showed any construction workers but im pretty sure they didnt have some mentally deficient monkeytard throw a mishapen crystal into the dirt and grow a damned insane asylum, ala the fortress of solitide.) the asylum guards never found the thermos, the grounds keepers never found the thermos.

"A GROUP OF FRIGGIN OOGIES FOUND THE THERMOS"

" A CROUP OF FRIGGIN OOGIES FOUND THE THERMOS, THEY FOUND IT BEHIND A SMALL BUSH, 30 YEARS LATER AND THE BUSH IS STILL THERE, NO ZOMBIE, NO COMPOUND, JUST THE BUSH AND THE THERMOS"

have i made my pont?
whats my point?

never ever mess with the oogies, they are bad, not only do they have that super agner retard strength(dont believeme? explain how that damned gooney nut ball opened the thermos but nothing else ever affected it, go ahead, try i dare you, super 'tard strength, its badass) but now they have superhuman sense 'cause i dont see any other way they could have found the thermos, when everybody else couldnt.

"wait dont go near that bush, my 'tard sense is tingling, it could be trouble"

second point?
we need to start making cars and tank and planes and other stuff out of whatever the hell that damned thermos was made out, 'cause that stinking thermos is indetsructable.

DjfunkmasterG
12-Jun-2006, 06:49 PM
I would have loved to be a fly on the wall for the pre-production meetings.

Jim: Hey Ana get me another 8 ball
Ana: after I write in this alien baby scene.
Jim: Ok... make sure it is an immaculate conception.

MinionZombie
12-Jun-2006, 09:43 PM
You didn't like Citizen Toxie?! That movie was awesome, it was Toxie 1 style good. Toxie 2 and 3 sucked balls - yet another example of the "back to back sequels usually suck dick" rule. CT was really crazy and OTT and politically incorrect with loads of boobs flopping around, it was great. The doc on the DVD certainly doesn't make me want to work on a Troma movie though, it's so chaotic and unplanned, lol, just Kaufman shouting a lot ... after 25 years of shouting a lot ... you'd have thought he'd have learned how to plan a shoot properly wouldn't you?

I think I might watch Citizen Toxie again...

Danny
12-Jun-2006, 10:00 PM
its on the horror channel every friday.

but damn the ending with stan lee raising awaerness about people who died via there evil twin was awesome.

stan lees the ****ing man!