PDA

View Full Version : Roger Rabbit 2

Doc
13-Sep-2010, 10:35 PM
I'm surprised no one has made thread on this yet. Anybody here, about the news to a Roger Rabbit sequel?

http://ramascreen.com/original-roger-rabbit-screenwriters-return-for-sequel/

http://www.empireonline.com/news/story.asp?NID=28191

The original is one of my favorite childhood films, so I hope this comes to be.

Then again, I'm not holding my breath there were previous sequel attempts in the 90s, and a rumored tv show that never happened.

bassman
13-Sep-2010, 10:45 PM
Knowing how Zemeckis is now, the cartoons will be replaced with CGI characters...

Doc
13-Sep-2010, 10:53 PM
I want The Hand-Animated style! I did hear an interesting idea that one of the ideas for the film was that 2-D cartoons were getting replaced by 3-d/CGi ones. I forget the source though...

blind2d
13-Sep-2010, 11:08 PM
Either way they do the animation, I'd still run out and see it! Fingers crossed on this one, totally.

JDFP
13-Sep-2010, 11:08 PM
Let me guess: instead of a real cartoon we're going to get CGI (ahem, "digital animation") instead. Yep, it's attempting to replace every other real cartoon out there, why not?

All I can say is that if this is the case I won't be seeing it or have any interesting in seeing it. I'm burned out on CGI/digital animation. Give me the real thing or don't bother to waste my time. I did make an exception for Wall-E and Toy Story films, but "Toy Story" films started out as digital animation to begin with so it's not going back and assaulting something from my youth.

j.p.

AcesandEights
13-Sep-2010, 11:15 PM
Meh, I was never really that into the first film aside from thaty animated whore they trotted out for it.

blind2d
14-Sep-2010, 01:53 AM
Are you perhaps referring to "I'm not bad, I'm just drawn that way", Miss Jessica Rabbit? If so... yeah... she's a total prostitute.

Doc
14-Sep-2010, 02:02 AM
Meh, I was never really that into the first film aside from thaty animated whore they trotted out for it.

http://www.jonathanrosenbaum.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/02/roger-rabbit-jessica.jpg

She's not bad! She's just drawn that way! ;)

blind2d
14-Sep-2010, 02:51 AM
She'd be hotter with rabbit ears, though.

MikePizzoff
14-Sep-2010, 03:30 AM
Sorry, but this is bugging me... the movie is called
(ahem)

"WHO FRAMED Roger Rabbit?" not "Roger Rabbit".

I just can't help myself but correct people when they wrongfully title, or shorten, a films name. I guess it's a sort of OCD???

Doc
14-Sep-2010, 10:35 AM
(ahem)

I just can't help myself but correct people when they wrongfully title, or shorten, a films name. I guess it's a sort of OCD???

Heh heh! I know, but we have no idea what the sequel would be called!

Would they really call it "Who Framed Roger Rabbit 2"? :p

blind2d
14-Sep-2010, 11:09 AM
Good point. Maybe one of the problems with getting the sequel made is that no one can think of a really good title. I mean, I don't think I'm alone in that calling it "WFRR2" would be stupid...

bassman
14-Sep-2010, 11:50 AM
(ahem)

I have the same problem. It's like when people call the Friday The 13th series "Jason". Or Nightmare on Elm Street "Freddy". It drives me up the wall. And I'm not even a big fan of those two series! :lol:

I'm thinking if they go through with this sequel, they'll eather drop the "Who Framed" and call it Roger Rabbit 2, or they come up with something similar to "Who Framed". "Who Set Up Roger Rabbit?" or something silly like that. Or maybe they'll go a totally different direction and call it Roger Rabbit Returns to Toon Town....

LouCipherr
14-Sep-2010, 12:58 PM
http://www.jonathanrosenbaum.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/02/roger-rabbit-jessica.jpg

She's not bad! She's just drawn that way! ;)

Hottest. Cartoon. Chick. Ever. I wish she was a prostitue, 'cause I'd pay her cartoon ass to... welll.. nevermind what I'd pay her to do - she's hot, and a redhead to boot! :elol:

I have the same problem. It's like when people call the Friday The 13th series "Jason". Or Nightmare on Elm Street "Freddy".

Or "Aliens" as "Alien 2" :o :lol:

JDFP
14-Sep-2010, 01:08 PM
I have the same problem. It's like when people call the Friday The 13th series "Jason". Or Nightmare on Elm Street "Freddy". It drives me up the wall. And I'm not even a big fan of those two series! :lol:

I'm thinking if they go through with this sequel, they'll eather drop the "Who Framed" and call it Roger Rabbit 2, or they come up with something similar to "Who Framed". "Who Set Up Roger Rabbit?" or something silly like that. Or maybe they'll go a totally different direction and call it Roger Rabbit Returns to Toon Town....

Wouldn't that be "Roger Rabbit Returns to Digital Animation Town" instead of 'toon' town as cartoons aren't really done (and this would probably not be an exception) anymore?

j.p.

bassman
14-Sep-2010, 01:14 PM
Yeah, yeah, you know what I mean. :p

And I doubt it's much of a "probably". Look at Zemckis' recent films. Polar Express, Beowulf, A Christmas Carol, etc. I pretty sure it's a given that it will be cg.

MikePizzoff
14-Sep-2010, 05:32 PM
Heh heh! I know, but we have no idea what the sequel would be called!

Would they really call it "Who Framed Roger Rabbit 2"? :p

"Who Framed Roger Rabbit AGAIN?!"

I have the same problem. It's like when people call the Friday The 13th series "Jason". Or Nightmare on Elm Street "Freddy". It drives me up the wall.

Oh man, same here. I will discredit a lot of shit people say about movies once they refer to those series' by the main characters.

AcesandEights
14-Sep-2010, 05:39 PM
"Who Framed Roger Rabbit AGAIN?!"

Not bad, actually; that's a title I'd definitely expect.

Doc
15-Sep-2010, 03:52 AM
Wouldn't that be "Roger Rabbit Returns to Digital Animation Town" instead of 'toon' town as cartoons aren't really done (and this would probably not be an exception) anymore?

j.p.

Well, not necessarily. Both the producer and Zemeckis have suggested traditional 2D animation will be used.

Besides, what would you rather have a sequel or remake (:barf:)?

Hottest. Cartoon. Chick. Ever. I wish she was a prostitue, 'cause I'd pay her cartoon ass to... welll.. nevermind what I'd pay her to do - she's hot, and a redhead to boot! :elol:

Convinently, enough I think she was a prostitue in the novel the movie as based on. She married Roger only to escape her crap life or something like, that.

acealive1
15-Sep-2010, 04:11 AM

i grew up knowing the names of both of the series, but it was easier for adults to just say "freddy is on"

bassman
15-Sep-2010, 12:05 PM
but it was easier for adults to just say "freddy is on"

"Freddie's on!"
http://www.steadyburn.net/wp-content/uploads/2009/08/freddie_mercury.jpg

"Freddy's on!"
http://www.wearysloth.com/Gallery/ActorsM/11319-15888.gif

"Freddy's on!"
http://www.posters.ws/images/275042/freddie_prinze_jr.jpg

So wait....what are you watching?:p At least call them Nightmare...

MikePizzoff
15-Sep-2010, 12:34 PM
i grew up knowing the names of both of the series, but it was easier for adults to just say "freddy is on"

Adults?

bassman
15-Sep-2010, 12:37 PM
Adults?

You know. Those grown people that can't say "A Nightmare on Elm Street" because it's too long. :p