PDA

View Full Version : "True Lies" TV series?

Neil
14-Sep-2010, 08:40 AM
http://www.aintitcool.com/node/46506

blind2d
14-Sep-2010, 11:13 AM
Interesting... I really liked the movie, but... I'm not too sure that an actual series would do this concept justice... oh well, I'll still try it out.

bassman
14-Sep-2010, 11:45 AM
No Charlton Heston in an eye patch? No dice.:D

Neil
14-Sep-2010, 12:11 PM
Interesting... I really liked the movie, but... I'm not too sure that an actual series would do this concept justice... oh well, I'll still try it out.

Guessing, we're talking a sort of slightly more action based "Chuck" type feel!?

DjfunkmasterG
14-Sep-2010, 12:35 PM
http://www.aintitcool.com/node/46506

And of course the normal asshats at AICN are douching up the discussion about it. I liked the movie, but without AS and JLC... what is the point? I would rather see a True Lies 2 Movie, than a TV series

bassman
14-Sep-2010, 12:39 PM
I would rather see a True Lies 2 Movie, than a TV series

shhhhh. Tom Arnold might hear you. :lol:

That dude has been talking up TL2 ever since the first was released. Funny thing is....it never happens. Does a certain washed up comedian need some work?:p

DjfunkmasterG
14-Sep-2010, 12:55 PM
Well JC and AS are fools for not doing a sequel to that movie. TL was so much fucking fun to watch... I am sick of Cameron's Lovey Dovey Alien Sci-FI based BS... I want some mindless over the top action spoofs of James Bond flicks.

WWBMD?

I know WDJWD!

LouCipherr
14-Sep-2010, 01:01 PM
I would rather see a True Lies 2 Movie, than a TV series

This.

Well JC and AS are fools for not doing a sequel to that movie.

This too. :lol:

bassman
14-Sep-2010, 01:30 PM
I wouldn't mind seeing a TL2, but you know that Cameron is WAY beyond something like that now. There's no way he would do it now after Avatar. I don't think Arnold would be up for it, either. Time to accept that the sequel is a thing of the past that will never surface. Unless it's a new cast and crew, of course. But then what's the point?

IF it were to happen....they would have to work Bill Paxton's character in there. That sleazy car salesman/date rape kind of character was hilarious...

Neil
14-Sep-2010, 01:51 PM
I wouldn't mind seeing a TL2, but you know that Cameron is WAY beyond something like that now. There's no way he would do it now after Avatar. I don't think Arnold would be up for it, either. Time to accept that the sequel is a thing of the past that will never surface. Unless it's a new cast and crew, of course. But then what's the point?

IF it were to happen....they would have to work Bill Paxton's character in there. That sleazy car salesman/date rape kind of character was hilarious...

Arnold it just too old I'm afraid. He looked past it in The Expendables...

MoonSylver
14-Sep-2010, 01:57 PM
Seems like the action/spy show is en vogue right now, what with "Burn Notice" & all, so I'm sure this is what they're going for.

Neil
18-Sep-2010, 10:22 PM
Cameron signs up with ABC...

http://livefeed.hollywoodreporter.com/2010/09/james-camerons-true-lies-lands-at-abc.html

bassman
18-Sep-2010, 10:28 PM
Wow....i'm surprised. Didn't reallyt expect this one to go anywhere.

Maybe it will work, but without the main players they're sure to have their work cut out for them...

wayzim
19-Sep-2010, 08:01 PM
Wow....i'm surprised. Didn't reallyt expect this one to go anywhere.

Maybe it will work, but without the main players they're sure to have their work cut out for them...

Yep.
It'd be like making M.A.S.H without Donald Sutherland, Elliot Gould, Tom Skerritt, or Sally Kellerman and Robert Duval.

Wayne Z