PDA

View Full Version : Best iphone/ipod touch app ever - iSamJackson!

LouCipherr
14-Sep-2010, 05:39 PM
First, let me start by saying I am far from an apple fanboy.. :lol: However, that being said, I do indeed have an ipod Touch, which I really like. Well, yesterday I found the single greatest app in the history of apps - if you have an iphone or an ipod touch, this is a MUST HAVE:

iSamJackson (http://www.isamjackson.com)

"When you absolutely, positively need the best app in the room? Accept no substitutes." :D

The best thing is, SLJ recorded all of these sayings specifically for this application. None of the sayings were lifted from his movies (for obvious reasons), but damn if some/most of these sayings aren't flat-out hilarious. :D

bassman
14-Sep-2010, 05:41 PM
haha...pretty cool.

At this point, Sam Jackson could live off of voice overs alone. The guy's voice is on EVERYTHING these days...

AcesandEights
14-Sep-2010, 05:43 PM
I'll pass this along to my GF, the only iPhone user in the household. No doubt it's funny, but damned if Samuel L. hasn't played himself out.

LouCipherr
14-Sep-2010, 06:55 PM
Can Sam ever really play out his use of "motherfucker" though? I mean, c'mon, it's SLJ! He made "motherfucker" cool. :D The only thing that could've made this better is if it was all quotes from Pulp Fiction. :elol:

It is indeed quite funny. What I want to do is extract one of the sayings and use it as a ringer on my phone so when someone calls, it says "What this situation requires is a whole lot more of you... shutting your motherfuckin' ass up!" :lol: :lol: :lol:

DjfunkmasterG
14-Sep-2010, 07:16 PM
I'll pass this along to my GF, the only iPhone user in the household. No doubt it's funny, but damned if Samuel L. hasn't played himself out.

Oh you were finished? Well allow me to retort.

AcesandEights
14-Sep-2010, 07:37 PM
Oh you were finished? Well allow me to retort.

Yes?

I like him, but it's all a little been there, done that with SLJ and I think he's tired and a bit played out. That's all.

ProfessorChaos
14-Sep-2010, 07:50 PM
gotta agree with aces there. somewhere about the time he did the star wars films i got fucking sick to death of his voice and the way he talks. so much that it even bothers me when watching pulp fiction or jackie brown, 2 of his better roles.

LouCipherr
14-Sep-2010, 08:29 PM
Wow guys, that scares me. I never tire of SLJ and his voice. The dude just cracks me up every time I see him. :D

darth los
14-Sep-2010, 08:47 PM
Sam Jackson has reached almost legendary status is pop culture.

Awesome App!

:cool:

DjfunkmasterG
15-Sep-2010, 11:35 AM
To the folks who are tired of him... I suggest you watch Soul Men. That is the SLJ we all became fans of... the SLJ that takes no shit. The SLJ who still makes it cool to rock a KANGOL :lol:

LouCipherr
15-Sep-2010, 12:39 PM
Louis Hinds (SLJ): What money? It's a funeral! Don't nobody get paid to sing at no damn funeral!
[suddenly looks at Louis and raises his eyebrows]
Louis Hinds: How much?
Floyd Henderson (Bernie Mac): Forty grand.
Louis Hinds: A piece?
Floyd Henderson: No, down the middle.
Louis Hinds: No, no, no, no, no, no, no, NO. That ain't even enough.
Floyd Henderson: The fuck you mean "that's not enough", man?
Louis Hinds: I got a lifestyle to maintain here!
Floyd Henderson: What kinda lifestyle, man? You filthy motherfucker! You got a pantry full of dogfood, but I don't see no dog!
Louis Hinds: Dog under the bed, Nigga! You lucky he ain't attacked your ass when you came in!
Floyd Henderson: YOU THE DOG, MOTHERFUCKER!

:lol:

Soul Men is an awesome flick - if you haven't seen it, you're depriving yourself of a killer SLJ flick. I hate Bernie Mac, but SLJ made it worthwhile to watch. :D

DjfunkmasterG
15-Sep-2010, 01:15 PM
Louis Hinds (SLJ): What money? It's a funeral! Don't nobody get paid to sing at no damn funeral!
[suddenly looks at Louis and raises his eyebrows]
Louis Hinds: How much?
Floyd Henderson (Bernie Mac): Forty grand.
Louis Hinds: A piece?
Floyd Henderson: No, down the middle.
Louis Hinds: No, no, no, no, no, no, no, NO. That ain't even enough.
Floyd Henderson: The fuck you mean "that's not enough", man?
Louis Hinds: I got a lifestyle to maintain here!
Floyd Henderson: What kinda lifestyle, man? You filthy motherfucker! You got a pantry full of dogfood, but I don't see no dog!
Louis Hinds: Dog under the bed, Nigga! You lucky he ain't attacked your ass when you came in!
Floyd Henderson: YOU THE DOG, MOTHERFUCKER!

:lol:

Soul Men is an awesome flick - if you haven't seen it, you're depriving yourself of a killer SLJ flick. I hate Bernie Mac, but SLJ made it worthwhile to watch. :D

They both worked well off of each other.

bassman
15-Sep-2010, 01:20 PM
I thought it was okay. Nothing to write home about. Laughed out loud maybe once or twice...

LouCipherr
16-Sep-2010, 12:35 PM
I thought it was okay. Nothing to write home about. Laughed out loud maybe once or twice...

Once or twice? Wow, you've lost your sense of humor with age, eh? :lol: :p

darth los
16-Sep-2010, 07:26 PM
Best app ever?

Me thinks bruce has something to say about that peeps.

Army of Darkness Rises on iPhone

http://wireless.ign.com/articles/112/1121269p1.html

LouCipherr
16-Sep-2010, 07:41 PM
Me thinks bruce has something to say about that peeps.

This could be a front-runner, but we won't know 'till it's released. Until then, SAY WHAT AGAIN! I DARE YOU, I DOUBLE DARE YOU!

:D

darth los
16-Sep-2010, 07:54 PM
This could be a front-runner, but we won't know 'till it's released. Until then, SAY WHAT AGAIN! I DARE YOU, I DOUBLE DARE YOU!

:D

"What ain't no country I ever heard of! Do they speak english in what!!?!"

That whole diatribe is classic man.

LouCipherr
17-Sep-2010, 02:07 PM
One of the best sequences ever captured on film, period. :D