PDA

View Full Version : Can I recommend "Dropbox" to any of you?

Neil
16-Sep-2010, 09:05 AM
Not sure if you guys are aware of this tool, but I've used it for years now. It's simply a free virtual drive online; Think of it like a USB memory stick that can be plugged/shared between all your machine.

I for example have my home and work machines using it. So I can just share files between these machines simply my dropping them into my 'dropbox'. You can even put photo albums on it for people to view. You can even set up shared folders between other dropbox users. It also keeps an audit/backup of all changes (for a month), so if you delete or change a file, you can undo those changes if you wish.

If you're interested, take the following link because both you and I get extra space on our accounts (yes, I'm pimping!) http://db.tt/mjqnZsmL

Using my link equates to an extra 250MB of storage ontop of your standard 2GB!

EDIT: You now get an extra 500MB of storage with my link! ie: 2.5GB

AcesandEights
16-Sep-2010, 02:28 PM
2 Gigs free?

I'll give it a shot. I have to read their policies to see if it will work for my needs.

Any catches to the service that you've found to date, Neil?

Neil
16-Sep-2010, 09:28 PM
2 Gigs free?

I'll give it a shot. I have to read their policies to see if it will work for my needs.

Any catches to the service that you've found to date, Neil?

2.25GB if you take my link!

None at all. You can even set up folders within your dropbox and share them with any other dropbox users. A group of us use it to swap photos/files easily...

DjfunkmasterG
17-Sep-2010, 01:02 AM
Signed up... Thanks Neil... This can help Lou and I when working on Music files for flicks

Neil
17-Sep-2010, 07:46 AM
Signed up... Thanks Neil... This can help Lou and I when working on Music files for flicks

Indeed! A couple of us use it in a similar way. If Lou signs up, you can share a folder with him.

ps: Again, if he uses the above link he gets 2.25GB instead of just 2GB.

pps: Couldn't reduce the depth of your sig could you?

DjfunkmasterG
17-Sep-2010, 02:27 PM
Indeed! A couple of us use it in a similar way. If Lou signs up, you can share a folder with him.

ps: Again, if he uses the above link he gets 2.25GB instead of just 2GB.

pps: Couldn't reduce the depth of your sig could you?

Wasn't that big until the update

Neil
09-Apr-2012, 10:15 AM
Dropbox have now increased the amount of space...

If you follow my link you'll start off with 2.5GB of free online space, instead of the standard 2GB. http://db.tt/mjqnZsmL

I use this free tool all the time, and cannot recommend it enough! If you only use to to backup documents etc it's worth it!

EvilNed
10-Apr-2012, 03:46 PM
I used it a lot until the casting girls at the office started uploading videos. I think we're at like 16 gig now and I'm like "f*ck that".