View Full Version : Band Of The Hand...

acealive1
17-Sep-2010, 10:46 PM
anyone seen it? remember it? thoughts? launched a couple of careers :D:D

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pXX-JJbYjHQ

Eyebiter
18-Sep-2010, 09:45 AM
Remember watching this on VHS. Decent 80's synth soundtrack. Back in the days of Miami Vice jackets.

axlish
18-Sep-2010, 12:41 PM
I remember it fondly from my youth, but unfortunately, the DVD has become next to impossible to acquire (at a decent price anyway). It is a very Michael Mann-esque film, and was directed by one of Mann;s co-horts, both of whom had directed episodes of Miami Vice, which this film pulls from a great deal. James Remar* plays a drug dealing king pin, Lawrence Fishburn plays a corn-rowed pusher, Leon plays one of the troubled youth (Band of the Hand member), and (Jim Carrey's ex-wife, from Dumb and Dumber) plays a young girl who gets caught up in Remar's web. The film also features the song "Broken Wings". Good stuff! You aren't sitting on a copy are you? Anyone?

acealive1
18-Sep-2010, 04:56 PM
I remember it fondly from my youth, but unfortunately, the DVD has become next to impossible to acquire (at a decent price anyway). It is a very Michael Mann-esque film, and was directed by one of Mann;s co-horts, both of whom had directed episodes of Miami Vice, which this film pulls from a great deal. James Remar* plays a drug dealing king pin, Lawrence Fishburn plays a corn-rowed pusher, Leon plays one of the troubled youth (Band of the Hand member), and (Jim Carrey's ex-wife, from Dumb and Dumber) plays a young girl who gets caught up in Remar's web. The film also features the song "Broken Wings". Good stuff! You aren't sitting on a copy are you? Anyone?

if i had a copy, i'd make u a copy free of charge. i remember right when they pulled em off shelves. i saw it on amazon and im like "eh i'll wait". the very next week it was "oh buy here used from $98". i'll pass. definitely try some of these dvd exchange places. buybacks, gamestop, etc etc.

hey you cant forget stephen lang! as much as avatar was talked about on here

also john cameron mitchell