PDA

View Full Version : Techie question

AssassinFromHell
12-Jun-2006, 03:54 PM
Hey, I was wondering if someone could help me with something. I just got a new computer, and I wanted to transfer a bunch of crap over to the new piece of junk. You see, me, with my technologically (to some extent) illiterate self, I wouldn't know how. Is there some kind of cord or something I could do to send a horde of files over to the new computer? Thanks!

Chris

MinionZombie
12-Jun-2006, 09:49 PM
I bought a USB cable called a "Laplink Cable" which came with a bit of software called PC-Linq. You plug it into both computers, run the software on both computers, and transfer the files. You should be able to find that, or something very similar, pretty easily I'd have thought.

Danny
12-Jun-2006, 09:58 PM
NNNNNEEEEEEEEEEEEERRRRRRRRRRRRRDDDDDD!!!!!!!:D

what?, everyone else said it once ,i just wanted to be popular:p

AssassinFromHell
13-Jun-2006, 12:50 AM
Hmmm, sweet. I'll look into that. Thanks alot MinionZombie.

It's been a while too, how've ya been?

...and Hellsing...Nerd and damn proud of it. Ever see Revenge of the Nerds? :eek: :p :cool:

Deadman_Deluxe
13-Jun-2006, 12:58 AM
Hey, I was wondering if someone could help me with something. I just got a new computer, and I wanted to transfer a bunch of crap over to the new piece of junk. You see, me, with my technologically (to some extent) illiterate self, I wouldn't know how. Is there some kind of cord or something I could do to send a horde of files over to the new computer? Thanks!

Chris

Just burn the files you want to transfer onto a CDR or a DVDR?

twistbud
13-Jun-2006, 01:07 AM
1. You could slave out the old hard drive, put it in the new computer, copy your files and put the HD back in your old computer.

2. Get a cross-over cable. This sould allow you to network two computers together without a router. It looks like a standard network cable but has four wires "crossed". Should be cheap.

3. Get a laplink cable like minionzombie suggested.

4. Get a router and network your computers together. You may want to do this
anyway if you plan on still using your old computer. (share internet)

5. Burn your files to DVD or CDR and copy to your new computer (if possible).

6. Buy an external hard drive chassis, put your old drive in and copy your data.

Good luck

MinionZombie
13-Jun-2006, 10:39 AM
Aye been a while indeed dude, remember when it was you and me in the top two post count slots? lol. Where have you been man, how's things? I'm doing fine.

AssassinFromHell
14-Jun-2006, 03:24 PM
1. You could slave out the old hard drive, put it in the new computer, copy your files and put the HD back in your old computer.

2. Get a cross-over cable. This sould allow you to network two computers together without a router. It looks like a standard network cable but has four wires "crossed". Should be cheap.

3. Get a laplink cable like minionzombie suggested.

4. Get a router and network your computers together. You may want to do this
anyway if you plan on still using your old computer. (share internet)

5. Burn your files to DVD or CDR and copy to your new computer (if possible).

6. Buy an external hard drive chassis, put your old drive in and copy your data.

Good luck

Sounds like a plan. I'll start running down the list. Thanks for the help. :)

Aye been a while indeed dude, remember when it was you and me in the top two post count slots? lol. Where have you been man, how's things? I'm doing fine.

Ah yes, those were the days. lol. Now I'm probably fighting for the top spot on the twentieth page on the post count list. :D I've been around, but not nearly as much. Recording tunes, writing, and workin' a new job. All is good, but busy. I've got spare time and more of it now. Glad to be back at this joint.