PDA

View Full Version : Back To The Future Blu-Ray Pre-Order AMAZON - $50.00

DjfunkmasterG
21-Sep-2010, 12:09 PM
http://www.amazon.com/Back-Future-Anniversary-Trilogy-Digital/dp/B00198X0UO/ref=sr_1_1?s=gateway&ie=UTF8&qid=1285070764&sr=8-1

In the UK they can get it with a DeLorean car that holds the discs or a Collector's tin. Us Americans get a crappy slip cover and case.

bassman
21-Sep-2010, 12:45 PM
Why the new thread?

Anyway....I'll definitely be getting this, I just don't know when. There are so many great Blu Rays coming out around the same time. BTTF, Alien Anthology, Toy Story Trilogy, etc. Going to have to decide which are more important...

DjfunkmasterG
21-Sep-2010, 01:21 PM
Well considering it MSRP's for $80.00 The $50.00 price is worth it.

bassman
21-Sep-2010, 01:34 PM
Yeah, Amazon's pre order price isn't so bad, but I've got a feeling after a few weeks of release, Best Buy will have it for 30-40 bucks...

Danny
21-Sep-2010, 01:45 PM
arent you guys not getting the 25th anniversary theatrical rerelease of the flick too next month?

nice to not be the gyped ones for once, sucks for you.

bassman
21-Sep-2010, 01:47 PM
No, we're not getting the limited theatrical release. I'm personally cool with it, though. I saw the entire trilogy on the big screen several months back, so I'm all set for a while. :cool:

Danny
21-Sep-2010, 01:53 PM
No, we're not getting the limited theatrical release. I'm personally cool with it, though. I saw the entire trilogy on the big screen several months back, so I'm all set for a while. :cool:

i've found it pretty fucking odd they are only showing the first. like parents who are taking there kids to see it for the first time will be left with DAT FUKKEN CLIFFHANGER and thats it, no more in the cinema.

i hope they do the same next year for the other 25th anniversarys.

bassman
21-Sep-2010, 01:56 PM
Well...you've also got to consider that the cliffhanger was there for the original release. It wasn't intended to lead into a sequel. It was just a fun little coda at the end to get the audience going.

As Zemeckis says on the special features: "We never knew we would be making sequels. If we did, we wouldn't have put Jennifer in the car. That was the hardest thing to figure out in BTTF2 - what do you do with the girl?!?"

MikePizzoff
21-Sep-2010, 06:17 PM
I was hoping this BluRay release would have SOMETHING extra in it, but as far as I can tell all the extras are identical to the DVD boxset. Did I miss something?

bassman
21-Sep-2010, 06:20 PM
I was hoping this BluRay release would have SOMETHING extra in it, but as far as I can tell all the extras are identical to the DVD boxset. Did I miss something?

They've got all new interviews and special features for this release.

- In the Beginning...: Delve into the genesis of the project, casting, re-casting, the DeLorean, sets and overall pre-production.
- Time to Go: Production stories through the release of the first film.
- Keeping Time: The score and the songs of the Back to the Future Trilogy.
- Time Flies: Learn more about how the sequel came about, the futuristic look, the special and visual effects, recreating 1955 and more.
- Third Time’s the Charm: Learn about building a western town, Doc Brown’s love story, the casting of Mary Steenburgen, the train sequence and completing the Trilogy.
- The Test of Time: Back to the Future becomes a phenomenon! President Reagan quotes the film, the Back to the Future ride opens at Universal Studios theme park and fans rebuild the iconic DeLorean. The film’s cast and crew take a look back and discuss why these beloved movies live on.

BH0BNbwqNK8?fs=1&hl=en_US

I've also heard rumors that this set will include footage of the film with Eric Stoltz as Marty....

MikePizzoff
21-Sep-2010, 06:30 PM
I've also heard rumors that this set will include footage of the film with Eric Stoltz as Marty....

I would shit my pants. That's footage I've been dying to see for ages.

Thanks for the info, dude. Looks like now I really need a BluRay player...

bassman
21-Sep-2010, 06:32 PM
I would shit my pants. That's footage I've been dying to see for ages.

Same here. It's funny it hasn't been released yet. Apparently they almost filmed the entire movie with the guy. About six weeks of filming, I think it was.

And all we have are a few photos....

darth los
21-Sep-2010, 06:36 PM
The first film is in my top ten favs of all time. Imo, the series declined as it went on, but just my personal taste.

:cool:

ProfessorChaos
21-Sep-2010, 06:41 PM
Why the new thread?

not sure if you've noticed, but the search feature is beyond fucked right now...i've had a hell of a time trying to dig up a few older threads...hopefully they get it fixed sometime soon. until then, you'd be better off leaving your search nazi hat at home.

BTTF, Alien Anthology, Toy Story Trilogy, etc. Going to have to decide which are more important...

i'd go with the toy story trilogy first, your kid will likely echo that...then BTFF, and then the alien set.

Danny
21-Sep-2010, 06:51 PM

It will.

bassman
21-Sep-2010, 06:54 PM
not sure if you've noticed, but the search feature is beyond fucked right now...i've had a hell of a time trying to dig up a few older threads...hopefully they get it fixed sometime soon. until then, you'd be better off leaving your search nazi hat at home.

Hey shitstain, it's on the first or second page of the media forum!

Nazi bullshit. :lol:

It will.

Any sort of back up to go with this claim? I haven't seen anything official about it yet.

DjfunkmasterG
21-Sep-2010, 07:51 PM
Goto HIGHDEFDIGEST.COM and learn to read. :fin:

bassman
21-Sep-2010, 07:58 PM
I've looked at the official releases and seen nothing official about the Stoltz scenes being added. Only rumor.

So instead of being a dickhead, how about providing a link to the story?

Doc
21-Sep-2010, 10:01 PM
Well...you've also got to consider that the cliffhanger was there for the original release. It wasn't intended to lead into a sequel. It was just a fun little coda at the end to get the audience going.

As Zemeckis says on the special features: "We never knew we would be making sequels. If we did, we wouldn't have put Jennifer in the car. That was the hardest thing to figure out in BTTF2 - what do you do with the girl?!?"

Was 'To be Continued' in the theatrical release of the film? Or was it added later much like, say 'New Hope' was to Star Wars?

bassman
21-Sep-2010, 10:11 PM
Was 'To be Continued' in the theatrical release of the film? Or was it added later much like, say 'New Hope' was to Star Wars?

It was shown on the theatrical release. A lot of people take that to mean that the sequals werre planned from the beginning. When in reality, Zemeckis and Gale only put that on as a little bit of excitement at the end. The entire Doc/Mr. Fusion/"Your kids!" sequence was just meant to be a goof. "To Be Continued->" was a little wink to the audience that time and now time travel will carry on. They supposedly never had any intention to make sequels. It was after the success of the first film that they realized they really had to pick it up from there with the sequels. Which goes back to what I was saying earlier. Zemeckis acts like putting Jennifer in the car was a HORRIBLE mistake. You can tell how they're like "leave her here....she'll be FINE!" :lol:

DjfunkmasterG
22-Sep-2010, 01:29 AM
Hey BASSMAN,

from BTTF.com :fin:

This is it! This is the big one you’ve been waiting for!!! Exactly twenty five years to the day since Marty McFly first sped off in Doc Brown’s suped-up DeLorean Time Machine in the parking lot of the Twin Pines Mall towards 1955, Universal Studios Home Entertainment (USHE) will release the 25th Anniversary Back to the Future Trilogy Boxed Set on DVD — and for the very first time on Blu-ray Disc — Tuesday, October 26, 2010!

This highly anticipated 25th Anniversary collection features all-new restorations for enhanced picture quality and hours of bonus features including new interviews with the cast and crew.

In an exclusive interview with BTTF.com, Back to the Future Writer/Producer Bob Gale gave us a sneak peek into what we can expect from these brand new features, including one specific item which fans have waited 25 years for a glimpse at.

We caught up with Bob last weekend at the 2010 DeLorean Car Show in Lexington, Kentucky to get his thoughts on the new Hi-Def transfers of the films. “The HD transfers for all three films are simply breath-taking,” Gale told BTTF.com. “They actually look better than they did in the theater because of the incredible job that was done on dirt clean-up. (And the film grain is preserved, so they still look like movies should look.) And hearing the sound in full dynamic range is — okay, I’ll say it — a blast!”

He went on to describe the new documentaries, one of which is called Tales from the Future. “I’m sure fans will enjoy the new documentaries, which include interviews with cast and crew members who — for budgetary reasons — were left out of the 2002 documentaries,” he explained. “So there are some stories and anecdotes told on camera for the first time. And since everyone wants to know, there are three very brief snippets of Eric Stoltz incorporated into one of the documentaries.” You heard it here first — finally, film footage of Eric Stoltz as Marty McFly!!

Finally, Bob gave us a description of just some of the remaining bonus features which to expect. “We’ve included an animatic storyboard of the nuclear test site sequence from the early drafts of Part 1; the galleries of stills and artwork have been rescanned at a higher resolution, and we’ve included just about everything from the previous releases as well.”

bassman
22-Sep-2010, 01:48 AM
Very good.

I'm glad to know it's there. You know you could be a douche about it but....OHHH shit. You've already done that.

Thanks for the info. Might be easier to relay the link in the future.
Thanks. :D

DjfunkmasterG
22-Sep-2010, 02:08 AM
Try Google... Why should WE do all the work for ya. I thought you were a BTTF fan? You should have known this shit before us. :p

bassman
22-Sep-2010, 11:44 AM
Try Google... Why should WE do all the work for ya. I thought you were a BTTF fan? You should have known this shit before us. :p

Alright, whatever man. I thought I might get a little bit of courtesy from people around here, but I guess I was wrong. You know, I try to post the links to the items I'm talking about. It makes it easier for the reader, but maybe from now on I should just say "why should I do it for you?".

Google has turned up nothing about that footage other than rumor. I was just asking for a link to your concrete info.

Thanks for your help. :rolleyes:

MinionZombie
22-Sep-2010, 12:53 PM
Alright settle down lads. :p

Sometimes it is nice to just be told by another human being about something though ... Google is great and all, but it's like the entire world is just Googling everything and never asking another human about anything ever ... perhaps Google is Skynet? :shifty:

As for the Blu-Ray, I'll wait till its cheaper. I'm not launching about £45 for something I've already got on 3-disc DVD (although I would love to have all the extra features, including the shit I missed on the launched-soon-after-I-bought-the-3-disc-version BTTF 4-disc DVD boxset) ... but I will go and see the first film in the cinema when it comes out October 1st. :cool:

I'm properly up for that. :)

DjfunkmasterG
22-Sep-2010, 01:46 PM
Alright, whatever man. I thought I might get a little bit of courtesy from people around here, but I guess I was wrong. You know, I try to post the links to the items I'm talking about. It makes it easier for the reader, but maybe from now on I should just say "why should I do it for you?".

Google has turned up nothing about that footage other than rumor. I was just asking for a link to your concrete info.

Thanks for your help. :rolleyes:

Oh settle down and take some MIDOL... I am just fucking with you Bassman. :p

bassman
22-Sep-2010, 02:30 PM
That's about as funny as a screen door on a battleship.

Why don't you make like a tree and get outta here?

MikePizzoff
22-Sep-2010, 06:34 PM
It was shown on the theatrical release. A lot of people take that to mean that the sequals werre planned from the beginning. When in reality, Zemeckis and Gale only put that on as a little bit of excitement at the end. The entire Doc/Mr. Fusion/"Your kids!" sequence was just meant to be a goof. "To Be Continued->" was a little wink to the audience that time and now time travel will carry on.

This is wrong. "To Be Continued" wasn't at the end of the film during it's theatrical run; they (Zemeckis/Gale) just wanted the film to end on a cliffhanger. The "To Be Continued..." title card wasn't added until the film was released on VHS; by this time they were in the talks about doing a sequel.

bassman
22-Sep-2010, 06:56 PM
That's right. The title card was added, but the scene existed from the beginning. My mistake.

LouCipherr
22-Sep-2010, 07:34 PM
In the UK they can get it with a DeLorean car that holds the discs or a Collector's tin. Us Americans get a crappy slip cover and case.

MZ - for once you can feel like you aren't getting ripped off over there. :D

I'd buy this for the delorean car if I could get it - but I'm not sure if I'll run out and buy this right away since we're getting a shitty slip cover version. Don't get me wrong, I loved BTTF, it's just not exactly on the top of my priority list. ;)

DjfunkmasterG
22-Sep-2010, 09:07 PM
Exactly... they are getting something cool, but good news is that UNIVERSAL doesn't region lock their BD's so you can IMPORT

LouCipherr
23-Sep-2010, 12:36 PM
For much more than I'm willing to pay, sure. No thanks. :lol:

MinionZombie
23-Sep-2010, 01:25 PM
For much more than I'm willing to pay, sure. No thanks. :lol:

I know. Fucking import charges. If the total cost (including shipping) is under £18 you're okay importing into the UK, but if you're over you get import fees - and Royal Mail fees - which, last time I was shafted with that bullshit, was £10 import fees and £3 Royal Mail fees, so another £13 on top of the actual ruddy price you paid. For example the R1 4-disc Dawn DVD. I paid something like £23 for that (not knowing of the fees) so in total it took about 2 weeks longer to get to me at a cost of £36 ... ruddy piss take ... awesome DVD set, but the import limit for the UK is retarded.

As for the DeLorean model ... it looks a bit rubbish-looking, like a bit cheap ... not like a high-class die-cast model like I'd expected. Looks a bit more rushed and not especially detailed ... I duno ... but I won't be getting that version. Likewise it's not high up on my list, simply because:

1) Price (£45 in the UK for the normal edition, nevermind special editions)
2) I've already got the 3-disc DVD
3) There's a shitload of other things on my Blu-Ray wish list
4) I'm trying to keep the wallet closed as much as possible at the moment after a rather expensive month

LouCipherr
23-Sep-2010, 02:16 PM
I took a hit when I ordered Spaced from the UK, but I didn't particularly care, 'cause at the time it wasn't available here. Now that it is, I still would've ordered the UK version because I still have a hangup with Kevin Smith doing a commentary track for a show he had zero involvement in. They may all be friends, but that still makes no sense to me.

bassman
23-Sep-2010, 02:39 PM
I took a hit when I ordered Spaced from the UK, but I didn't particularly care, 'cause at the time it wasn't available here. Now that it is, I still would've ordered the UK version because I still have a hangup with Kevin Smith doing a commentary track for a show he had zero involvement in. They may all be friends, but that still makes no sense to me.

There's a simple solution to this.....listen to the original UK commentary tracks. They're all available on the US set. :p

The new commentaries are really quite funny. They're not meant to be packed with info because the UK versions have already done that. The new tracks with Smith, Tarantino, Stone, Cody, Oswald, etc are just for a goof. And as I said before, they're actually really funny.

EDIT: Also....WTF? You're complaining about people doing commentary tracks for movies/shows they're not involved with? YOU?!? Think about that one for a minute. :p :lol:

MinionZombie
23-Sep-2010, 03:10 PM
haha, damn right ... well pointed out there bassman ... which reminds me ... TREMORS FAN COMMENTARY, where be it? :elol:

I'd quite like to hear the Kevin Smith commentary on whatever Spaced episode he did, he's always good for a chuckle, and I enjoy hearing the views of folk like him on British product ... gotta love Smith's "British accent" too ... it's always funny to see something British that you know so well, but through an American's eyes, if that makes sense.

bassman
23-Sep-2010, 03:15 PM
I'd quite like to hear the Kevin Smith commentary on whatever Spaced episode he did, he's always good for a chuckle, and I enjoy hearing the views of folk like him on British product ... gotta love Smith's "British accent" too ... it's always funny to see something British that you know so well, but through an American's eyes, if that makes sense.

He's brutally honest, that's for sure. He says he saw and loved Shaun, then he met Wright and was given the series. He threw it into his dvd collection because "I'm not going to watch your crap tv show because your movie was good".

He then admits that his wife forced him to watch it and he loved it. Although they ripped off his star wars references. "Star Wars references. Jeeze....who thought of that back around 1994?":lol:

He has commentary on about three episodes, same with Diablo Cody(least interesting) and Tarantino. The funniest are probably Patton Oswalt and Bill Hader, who have two eps each. Hader spends most of the track talking as Vincent Price. Quite funny...

DjfunkmasterG
23-Sep-2010, 04:22 PM
EDIT: Also....WTF? You're complaining about people doing commentary tracks for movies/shows they're not involved with? YOU?!? Think about that one for a minute. :p :lol:

Hey Hey Hey wait a sec... Lou only joined me on LAND because he dislikes it too... I did a commentary on it because you all wanted to know how much I hated it and why I hated it. Lou just came a long for the ride.

Tremors... well, slightly behind schedule on some personal stuff, actually WAY! Behind schedule on personal stuff, so I don't think that is coming this year.

bassman
23-Sep-2010, 04:36 PM
Lou just came a long for the ride.

Exactly my point. :p

The guest commentaries are just friends tagging along for the ride...

MinionZombie
23-Sep-2010, 06:47 PM
I love me some Bill Hader commentary action. His part on an extra feature on Knocked Up where he was playing Rogen's character in one particular scene, doing various voices with the dialogue (Peter Falk, Al Pacino, Vincent Price) was superb. Bill Hader is an all-round funny ass dude too.

Damn, now I really wanna hear these 'famous fan' Spaced commentaries. :)

bassman
28-Sep-2010, 01:12 PM
Looks like the US will now also be getting a re-release into theaters in October. AMC Theatres (http://www.amctheatres.com/Script_to_Screen/_Back_To_The_Future__Returns_To_AMC_Screens_For_25 th_Anniversary_Celebration!/)is bringing back the film for two special screenings on Saturday ,October 23rd at 12:30PM and Monday, October 25th(Recognize this date?) at 7:00PM on 158 screens in over 40 cities. The theater listing is not yet active, but with it being in over forty cities, it shouldn't be that hard to locate. You also get a free full size BTTF poster for attending.

http://www.joblo.com/newsimages1/0928bttf.jpg

I've seen BTTF on the big screen before....but now in a totally remastered HD print? *drool* I only wish my kid was old enough to tag along....

MikePizzoff
28-Sep-2010, 01:22 PM
Looks like the US will now also be getting a re-release into theaters in October. AMC Theatres (http://www.amctheatres.com/Script_to_Screen/_Back_To_The_Future__Returns_To_AMC_Screens_For_25 th_Anniversary_Celebration!/)is bringing back the film for two special screenings on Saturday ,October 23rd at 12:30PM and Monday, October 25th(Recognize this date?) at 7:00PM on 158 screens in over 40 cities. The theater listing is not yet active, but with it being in over forty cities, it shouldn't be that hard to locate. You also get a free full size BTTF poster for attending.

Now THIS is a reason to go back to the theater. Hah, I didn't even realize what I did there.

DjfunkmasterG
28-Sep-2010, 01:45 PM
Definitely going to check this out.

bassman
28-Sep-2010, 06:34 PM
Just thought you cats would like to know....the theater listings and pre-orders are up and running! http://www.amctheatres.com/Movies/Back_to_the_Future/?tab=1 Might wanna preorder soon. I imagine these tickets will go farily quickly...

At first I thought it wasn't showing that far ahead, but when looking through the comments I got the trick. To get your tickets....get this baby up to 88 mph. Then we're going to see some serious shit. ;)

Got my tickets for the 23rd! Can't wait. This is gonna be heavy. :hyper:

bassman
09-Oct-2010, 01:25 AM
Bassman here again with more shit that probably nobody cares about...

BTTF placed number seven out of ALL new UK releases (http://bttf.com/back-to-the-future-re-issue-fires-up-730k-at-uk-box-office.php) these past few weeks. For a 25 year old film...not bad. Not bad at all. As Hellsing and MZ have both mentioned, it looks like new generations of kids are getting hooked on this spectacular series.

Also, we have a new 25th anniversary trailer for the US. This gives me all kinds of goosebumps...

7i89wUv25QU?fs=1&hl=en_US

You guys that have seen it in the UK...how was the HD transfer?

MinionZombie
09-Oct-2010, 10:38 AM
I'm glad that it was in the Top Ten - it just goes to prove that you don't need these retarded remakes and rehashes and reheats, because here you have an excellent 25 year old movie busting into the Top Ten amidst a bunch of brand new hard hitters. By all means, remake a shit movie - or rather, a movie with a good idea in it that was poorly executed when it was originally made (my example of choice being Drive-in Massacre) ... don't remake cinematic classics, because you'll never ever ever ever ever ever ever be able to match, let alone beat, the original movie's sense of wonder and love and care and fan enjoyment ... and indeed many of these cinematic classics were no sure-thing when they were made, and had their own troubles and weird points along their development journey. BTTF has long-since-become a cinematic classic, but it wasn't the steadiest of ships when it was being made. It's so often the case with classics, they're high stakes games that happened to pay off - and pay off big - you can't just re-do that, it's an entirely pointless exercise and the only real reason those shitty remakes make money is purely because cinemagoers are gluttons for punishment and some of the most curious people on the planet - they want to see how it's been handled, even if that means paying ten bucks to see the turd bonanza in the cinema, thus making it appear to be a success.

Back to BTTF ... the transfer didn't look much different to me personally, but it didn't look rubbish by any means. I was just all kinds of wrapped up in the film itself all over again and marvelling at just how well it plays ... I think everyone in the screening I went to was having a good time, but just grinning their faces off like I was, so joyous to see this classic and favourite of theirs back on the big screen - and, such as in my case, seeing it for the first time on the big screen as they'd only seen it on video and DVD.

There was also a lot of pleased chuckles as classic lines got delivered, and I could hear nearby children (with their BTTF-loving parents) giggling along and obviously enjoying themselves. The kids weren't running in and out going to the toilet, they weren't rustling around for sweets; I think everyone was entranced by it and having a quietly great time. :)

bassman
12-Oct-2010, 02:51 PM
Footage of Eric Stoltz as Marty McFly...

V7xUW8t5i7c?fs=1&hl=en_US

MinionZombie
12-Oct-2010, 05:01 PM
I look forward to seeing that whole featurette on the BR when I eventually get it. I'm not shelling out £30 for three movies I've just watched again for the umpteenth time and own on DVD already ... when it's cheap, then I'll get the box set on BR for the extra-extra content that I won't have seen (from both the BR and the 4th disc on the 4-disc DVD, as I've got the 3-disc DVD).

Seeing those few clips in that though, man, that's weird seeing Stoltz doing those scenes. It must have been strange to re-do five weeks worth of the movie! :eek:

bassman
12-Oct-2010, 05:42 PM
(from both the BR and the 4th disc on the 4-disc DVD, as I've got the 3-disc DVD).

Hold on a minute? There's a four disc? Maybe it's different between the R1 and R2 releases, but this is the first i've heard of a four disc set. The one I have is the first dvd release with all three discs in one package and special features spread throughout those three discs. Is there something I'm missing?:stunned:

I'm looking forward to seeing more of Stoltz, as well. Hopefully that small clip isn't all they have. I want to seem him with some dialogue. From what I hear, he went for a much darker tone. Kinda obvious in that small father/son clip, too. Fox's reaction is much lighter and funny.

I'm also hoping they have the "Number Two"(60's) script available on the blu ray. I've heard it's available online, but never really been able to track it down. Or had the patience to sit reading it at a computer desk. So hopefully it will be included on the br discs...

MinionZombie
13-Oct-2010, 08:39 AM
Bassman:

http://www.obsessedwithfilm.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/03/BACK-TO-THE-FUTURE-4-DISK-ULTIMATE-EDITION-DTS__22158131_0-610x408.jpg

The "4-disc Ultimate Edition".

I've also seen the same artwork but for American release. I remember being well pissed off, cos I bought the 3-disc DVD and about a month later they announced a 4-discer. So when I eventually get the BR I'll at last be able to see those 4th disc extras I never got to see.

bassman
13-Oct-2010, 02:06 PM
Hrm. Looking around the net it doesn't seem to have any different special features. Looks like they just took the special features from the three movie discs and put them on their own fourth disc. Oh vwell. Will have ze blu ray soon enough. :cool:

This is the set I was talking about, btw. It was the first dvd of BTTF ever released. Same day as the Indy Jones trilogy, if I remember correctly. Strange that I remember that all these years later. Anyway, as I said, they seem to have the same features...

http://www.dvdnear.com/images/Back-to-the-Future-The-Complete-Trilogy-Widescreen-Edition-B00006AL1E-L.jpg

MinionZombie
13-Oct-2010, 02:16 PM
Nope, the 4-disc definitely has more stuff - see here:

http://homecinema.thedigitalfix.co.uk/content/id/58852/back-to-the-future-trilogy-4-disc-ultimate-edition-in-november.html

# Disc Four: Bonus Features

Back to the Future
# Q&A With Director Robert Zemeckis And Producer Bob Gale At The Usc Film School
# Enhanced Conversation With Michael J.Fox
# Deleted Scenes With Commentary From Bob Gale
# Excerpts From The Original Screenplay
# Teaser Trailer
# Production Notes

Back to the Future Part II
# Q&A With Director Robert Zemeckis And Producer Bob Gale – Audio Track
# Did You Know That? Universal Animated Anecdotes
# Production Design
# Storyboarding
# Designing The Delorean
# Time Travel
# The Evolution Of Visual Effects
# Huey Lewis And The News “Power Of Love” Music Video
# Production Notes

Back to the Future Part III
# The Making Of Back To The Future Part 3
# Q&A With Director Robert Zemeckis And Producer Bob Gale – Audio Track
# Did You Know That? Universal Animated Anecdotes
# Designing The Town Of Hill Valley
# Designing The Campaign
# The Secrets Of The Back To The Future Trilogy
# Faq’s About The Trilogy
# Production Notes

While they do seem to have moved some stuff over from some of the individual discs, there's also added content in amongst all that too. Perhaps not loads, but some.

So anything I missed on that 4th disc, I'll be able to see no doubt over on the BR release ... when I eventually get it.

Of course, thinking about it, perhaps these extras were already on the R1 release - but not on the R2. Perhaps that's the difference here ... certainly seems to be the case if the comments on the page I linked to are correct in their assumptions.

I think that's what it'll be, so to me there's new stuff on there (and to Brits in general when that 4-discer was first released), but to Americans then it's stuff you already had from the start - that seems to be the situation.

bassman
13-Oct-2010, 02:46 PM
Yeah, I think you just got to the bottom of it. All of that stuff is included on the three disc set on R1, but looks like they moved some over to a fourth disc on R2. Strange they did it that way...

MinionZombie
13-Oct-2010, 05:09 PM
Yeah, I think you just got to the bottom of it. All of that stuff is included on the three disc set on R1, but looks like they moved some over to a fourth disc on R2. Strange they did it that way...

And rather frustrating.

I do hope we get to a stage where we truly have Region Free home video releases. None of this region locking nonsense, and none of this "for this territory it's this, for another it's that", especially on releases that are sure to sell a bucket load. America recently got a kick arse Evil Dead BR (including the OAR 4x3), but the UK version has less extra features and only the cropped 1.85:1 viewing option.

AcesandEights
13-Oct-2010, 05:17 PM
Been largely keeping out of the recent posts on this thread, but noticed MZ posted this footage on FB yesterday and had to chime in on how classic and damned trippy this footage is :)

Footage of Eric Stoltz as Marty McFly...

V7xUW8t5i7c?fs=1&hl=en_US

MikePizzoff
13-Oct-2010, 10:01 PM
Finally, footage of Stoltz as McFly!!! :hyper: Although it's barely anything, I feel like a kid in a candy store!

bassman
21-Nov-2010, 06:15 PM
Nobody has said anything about it, so I thought I would give this set a mini HPotD'er review. In short - Buy this set if you're a fan. You won't be disappointed.

I'm no expert on picture quality or if this would hold up as one of the best transfers, but it's definitely the best looking version of the film available. It's stunning for a long time fan to pop this in and see the detail. As is often the case with older films, the only downside to the clarity of the image is the special effects. The make up effects show their tricks and the visual effects are a bit more obvious, but that's really a minor gripe. I would personally rate the BR transfer as a 9 out of 10. Any fan will love it.

As for the special features...I was shocked. It's actually a bit more than I expected. The "Tales From the Future" segments are really the only substantial addition from the standard dvd and I expected them to be short and kind of a repeat, but I was wrong. They're long, in-depth, and include interviews with just about all key players. The only missing people I noticed were Crispin Glover(cause he's a douche apparently) and Tom Wilson(Biff). Other than that, we've got the big hitters that failed to appear on the standard DVDs. And is it me, or does the actor that plays Skinner NEVER age?!? :lol:

The entire set is great and definitely worth the purchase from a fan of the series. Maybe even just a casual movie fan. The only downside to this set is the generic menus(the "curve" menu from all Universal BR's) and the way the discs are held in the package. It's hard to describe, but it's a holding mechanism that i've never seen and it feels like you're going to break the disc while taking it out.

9.5/10. Buy it!