PDA

View Full Version : ah HA.... BMW ain't so hot shit now... (Pssst. Lou.... in here)

DjfunkmasterG
28-Sep-2010, 06:39 PM
:lol:

http://money.cnn.com/2010/09/28/autos/mini_cooper_investigation/index.htm

Mini Cooper, a BMW product is having Steering problems... so, where is all that great German over engineering? I guess they under engineered a critical component such as STEERING

:lol: :fin: :poke:

bassman
28-Sep-2010, 06:43 PM
I know you guys are just busting each other's balls.....but any mechanical part is subject to failure at some point or another. True, they should take proper precautions to prevent the really dangerous failures, but there will still be failures regardless.

LouCipherr
28-Sep-2010, 06:56 PM
Puh-lease.

First off, I don't own a mini-cooper, I own a BMW. While the motors in mini's are made by BMW, they don't come off the same line as my car did.

Second, do I need to re-post that video I sent you that said there were ZERO DEFECTS coming off that BMW line? Can you say that about your american SHITBOX? Didn't think so.

Do I need to post the article about the GM workers drinking and smoking pot on their lunch break, then running back to manufacture your american made (shitbox) cars? Sure, it was on a Chrysler line, and I'm sure that doesn't happen on any other manufacturing lines, right? i'm sure it does even on the BMW lines, but guess what? Show me one line of american made cars that can claim ZERO defects on ALL the cars coming off the line. I'll wait.

Oh, and should we bring up that 1,200+ 2010 Camaro's were recalled because Chevy can't figure out how to route the positivie battery cable in a way that it won't get worn and cause a short - possibly blowing up the battery. Nice. At least the Mini had problems with a major component - not a "battery cable" *snicker* Sure, yours is a 2011, I know that, but I'm just waiting to see what your first recall is.. :elol:

Bassman - Dj is just jealous because I have a superior car. :lol:

NEXT! :fin:

DjfunkmasterG
28-Sep-2010, 07:30 PM
Puh-lease.

First off, I don't own a mini-cooper, I own a BMW. While the motors in mini's are made by BMW, they don't come off the same line as my car did.

Second, do I need to re-post that video I sent you that said there were ZERO DEFECTS coming off that BMW line? Can you say that about your american SHITBOX? Didn't think so.

Do I need to post the article about the GM workers drinking and smoking pot on their lunch break, then running back to manufacture your american made (shitbox) cars? Sure, it was on a Chrysler line, and I'm sure that doesn't happen on any other manufacturing lines, right? i'm sure it does even on the BMW lines, but guess what? Show me one line of american made cars that can claim ZERO defects on ALL the cars coming off the line. I'll wait.

Oh, and should we bring up that 1,200+ 2010 Camaro's were recalled because Chevy can't figure out how to route the positivie battery cable in a way that it won't get worn and cause a short - possibly blowing up the battery. Nice. At least the Mini had problems with a major component - not a "battery cable" *snicker* Sure, yours is a 2011, I know that, but I'm just waiting to see what your first recall is.. :elol:

Ok, so the battery cable wears out and blows up the battery... No biggie... but losing steering that is a way bigger issue.

Remember if the battery goes the Altenator still powers the car... steering goes... you're FUCKED

:fin: :poke: NEXT!

LouCipherr
28-Sep-2010, 07:57 PM
Umm, more than just blowing up the battery - try ENGINE COMPARTMENT FIRE. But yeah, that's sooooo much better than a steering issue, isn't it?

Well, it's not going to happen to MY car, so I fail to see what any of this has to do with me. Nice try, but :fin:

Enjoy your american shitbox! :lol: :lol: :p

DjfunkmasterG
28-Sep-2010, 09:46 PM
Umm, more than just blowing up the battery - try ENGINE COMPARTMENT FIRE. But yeah, that's sooooo much better than a steering issue, isn't it?

Well, it's not going to happen to MY car, so I fail to see what any of this has to do with me. Nice try, but :fin:

Enjoy your american shitbox! :lol: :lol: :p

But my Battery is in the trunk... so much for the engine compartment fire theory. :p :poke: :fin:

LouCipherr
28-Sep-2010, 10:34 PM
should we bring up that 1,200+ 2010 Camaro's were recalled

But my Battery is in the trunk...

Wow, your reading skills are spot on today. :lol:

DjfunkmasterG
28-Sep-2010, 10:36 PM
Wow, your reading skills are spot on today. :lol:

They are, I was letting you know they fixed the problem. HA HA :fin: NEXT

Ooops, forgot this

:poke:

:lol: :elol:

LouCipherr
28-Sep-2010, 10:41 PM
But what an embarrassing problem to have though, not being able to route a battery cable properly. ONLY IN AMERICA! :lol:

:fin:

NEXT!

DjfunkmasterG
28-Sep-2010, 10:43 PM
But what an embarrassing problem to have though, not being able to route a battery cable properly. ONLY IN AMERICA! :lol:

NEXT!

The car has been on an 8 yr vacation they are bound to have bugs... Hence why i got a 2011. I bet your car had bugs when it first came out.

DjfunkmasterG
28-Sep-2010, 10:44 PM
The car has been on an 8 yr vacation they are bound to have bugs... Hence why i got a 2011. I bet your car had bugs when it first came out.

WELL WELL WELL! Lookie what we have here!

RECALL LIST FOR a 2003 BMW 330CI

http://www.motortrend.com/cars/2003/bmw/3_series/recalls/index.html

NEXT! :D

LouCipherr
28-Sep-2010, 10:58 PM
*yawn*

So, your original subject line is "BMW ain't so hot shit now" yet you point us to a story about MINI's and not BMW's... will we get to your point before page 3? :fin: :lol:

NEXT!

DjfunkmasterG
28-Sep-2010, 11:02 PM
We did get to my point... you said you car had zero defects... I found a list. :poke:

LouCipherr
28-Sep-2010, 11:04 PM
Please, Dj, entertain us and tell me where I said my BMW came off a line with no defects.

I'll wait.

blind2d
28-Sep-2010, 11:35 PM
You guys... come on now, let's just agree to disagree, okay? I mean... they're just cars, for goodness sake! It's not something REALLY crucial, like, say, motorcycles!

LouCipherr
28-Sep-2010, 11:45 PM
:lol:

It's ok blind2d - he does this once in a while. Let him play. :D

DjfunkmasterG
28-Sep-2010, 11:46 PM
Puh-lease.

LOL Posted

LouCipherr
28-Sep-2010, 11:51 PM
LOL Posted

do I need to re-post that video I sent you that said there were ZERO DEFECTS coming off that BMW line?

Where did I say MY bmw came off that line? Oh yeah, I didn't!

Those reading skills are kickin' ass today! :lol:

NEXT!

DjfunkmasterG
29-Sep-2010, 02:16 PM
Ok so maybe your BMW didn't come off that line but it had DEFECTS. :poke:

Let us all be real... Lou and I are just poking fun at each other. Again he knows I repsect his car... even if he hates my American Shitbox :lol:

We both know that no car will probably ever come off an assemby line without a defect. There have only been two great product I have ever owned in my entire life.

my Lite-On LDW-411s 4x DVD burner
My NEC 3520A 20x DVD burner

Lou can definitely attest to both of these.

LouCipherr
29-Sep-2010, 02:24 PM
Ok so maybe your BMW didn't come off that line but it had DEFECTS. :poke:

Let us all be real... Lou and I are just poking fun at each other. Again he knows I repsect his car... even if he hates my American Shitbox :lol:

We both know that no car will probably ever come off an assemby line without a defect. There have only been two great product I have ever owned in my entire life.

my Lite-On LDW-411s 4x DVD burner
My NEC 3520A 20x DVD burner

Lou can definitely attest to both of these.

I know my BMW had defects, but that wasn't the point. :p You said I claimed mine had none - I did not, and I never would. Did you see the recall list for MY car? ho-ly shit! :lol: I mean, granted, it's been out for 7 years, so more bugs are bound to be found in it than yours which was just put out this year, but I did not claim to be defect-free - I said that one particular line of BMW's in the video I sent you about that one production line were coming off 100% defect free, and I doubt many - if any - american car lines can claim that. ;)

Now, as far as the "american shitbox" - you know that's just a joke too. I do NOT think that Camaro is actually a shitbox, but when we razz each other, ya gotta come up with some kind of good zinger to lob back at your opponent! :lol: :lol:

As far as those burners, I would definitely agree. See, I like to use Dj as my guinea pig. He buys something, puts it to the test, then gives me a full report - and then I go buy one if during his report he isn't using a lot of swearing.. :lol:

DjfunkmasterG
29-Sep-2010, 02:40 PM
As far as those burners, I would definitely agree. See, I like to use Dj as my guinea pig. He buys something, puts it to the test, then gives me a full report - and then I go buy one if during his report he isn't using a lot of swearing.. :lol:

Like... What a fucking piece of shit this goddamn Optima DVD writer is? Who assembled this fucking thing? A drug addict?

Like that? :lol:

LouCipherr
29-Sep-2010, 02:48 PM
Like... What a fucking piece of shit this goddamn Optima DVD writer is? Who assembled this fucking thing? A drug addict?

Like that? :lol:

EXACTAMUNDO! :lol:

DjfunkmasterG
29-Sep-2010, 02:54 PM
Then I must be doing my job.

SymphonicX
29-Sep-2010, 05:48 PM
F**king bmw drivers!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

LouCipherr
29-Sep-2010, 06:14 PM
Yes, I'm a BMW driver and I do a lot of fucking. What's wrong with that? :lol: :lol:

Shhhhh, don't tell my wife! :shifty:

AcesandEights
29-Sep-2010, 06:25 PM
Beemers make good huntin' and the trophies is the best part.

http://www.edmontonjournal.com/business/3497023.bin?size=620x400

LouCipherr
29-Sep-2010, 06:33 PM
Beemers make good huntin' and the trophies is the best part.

ZING! :D

Hey, if you can get it pried off my car hood before I show up in my driveway wearin' my PJ's and sporting a shotgun full of rocksalt, then more power to ya. YEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE HAW! :lol:

AcesandEights
29-Sep-2010, 06:52 PM
ZING! :D

Hey, if you can get it pried off my car hood before I show up in my driveway wearin' my PJ's and sporting a shotgun full of rocksalt, then more power to ya. YEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE HAW! :lol:

That was the best pic I could find in a quick search. I was sure I'd find some young punk sporting a necklace of beemer tags like a Vietnam era ear-trophy necklace. Didn't happen.

DjfunkmasterG
29-Sep-2010, 07:29 PM
That was the best pic I could find in a quick search. I was sure I'd find some young punk sporting a necklace of beemer tags like a Vietnam era ear-trophy necklace. Didn't happen.

http://www.hioctanejewelry.com/exported_html_files/exported_images/enlarged_page_images/9_recycled/bmw_belt_color.jpg

How's this? :fin:

AcesandEights
29-Sep-2010, 07:35 PM

How do you take where I was going with my original premise and somehow manage to make it gayer, DJ? :lol:

LouCipherr
29-Sep-2010, 07:39 PM

HAHAHAAHHAHAHAHAHAH! Good one, Dj!!

How do you take where I was going with my original premise and somehow manage to make it gayer, DJ? :lol:

He's good at that kinda thing Aces. :D

DjfunkmasterG
29-Sep-2010, 07:47 PM
HAHAHAAHHAHAHAHAHAH! Good one, Dj!!

He's good at that kinda thing Aces. :D

Douching things up and gaying them up seems to be my specialty... I really do it for my own amusement. :p

DjfunkmasterG
30-Sep-2010, 10:24 PM
Another BMW recall

http://money.cnn.com/2010/09/30/autos/bmw_brake_recall/index.htm

LouCipherr
30-Sep-2010, 11:26 PM
Thank goodness my vehicle wasn't in that list.. :D

Are you searching the 'net for BMW problems? I would do that for chevy & ford, but the list would be so long I'd have to quit my job just to have time to post them all. :lol: :p

And how about spreading the news about the steering problem no longer just a "Mini" problem?

GET OFF MY BALLS! :lol: :lol:

DjfunkmasterG
30-Sep-2010, 11:33 PM
Actually no, I was trying to see how the stock market did today so I know how bad my 401K is doing and I came across that article.

LouCipherr
01-Oct-2010, 02:24 AM
Well that's no fun. :p :lol: