PDA

View Full Version : Left 4 Dead: The Sacrifice (Left 4 Dead 1) - Trailer

Neil
01-Oct-2010, 10:05 AM
http://ve3d.ign.com/videos/75542/PC/Left-4-Dead-The-Sacrifice-Left-4-Dead-1/Trailer/Left-4-Dead-The-Sacrifice-Trailer

darth los
01-Oct-2010, 01:43 PM
Saw this at about midnight. Definitely looking forward to it.

Funny thing though. I'm more excited about playing the upgraded No mercy for L4D 2 than the "new" content.

The Crash Course and Passing Dlc's have been lackluster and do not live up to the "main" campaigns that came with the game, imo.

They feel like DLc's. By that I mean not nearly as awsome as the main campaigns which shouldn't be the case. Good DLC should feel as good as the game that spawned them.

:cool:

Neil
01-Oct-2010, 01:47 PM
Saw this at about midnight. Definitely looking forward to it.

Funny thing though. I'm more excited about playing the upgraded No mercy for L4D 2 than the "new" content.

Me too!

But anyway, just 4 days till the new content for L4D and L4D2! http://www.1up.com/news/left-4-dead-sacrifice-october-5

Danny
01-Oct-2010, 01:51 PM
The Crash Course and Passing Dlc's have been lackluster and do not live up to the "main" campaigns that came with the game, imo.

bitch you crazy? the passing is the dogs bollocks, the wedding scene?, the finale?, the bitching scavenge map? the new weapon and survivors?, the sewer run? That campaign is shit hot compared to some others, like swamp fever which is still the easiest most lacklustre of them all. 'side form the hick town its very meh. especially the finale.

My favourites are still hard rain, dark carnival, dead air and death toll. Though blood harvest and dead center are fun- the parish and no mercy i think i just got sick of due to the demos y'know?

-also interesting to note that this IS for both games, you buy it once and can play it regardless of which disk you have in your console. plus its advertised as coming for mac too. which is cool.

3qa69BN4_I8

darth los
01-Oct-2010, 02:04 PM
This post tells a little about how I feel about the DLc's and reveals why most are more excited for the new No mercy.

"As much as i adored the the LVD series, i have to admit more content does not equal good content. I'm done paying for another 20 minute romp through zombie encrusted streets. Add more gameplay elements...not unnecessary plot explainations. & another thing...why can't i keep track of how many zombies i've killed. maybe a global scoreboard? ehh?".

Also, this is a big gripe my and my mates have with the vs. mode of the game. How come there's no way to track how many infected we've killed or who's used the most health packs, etc. like there is in campaign? It would really promote friendly competition amongst a team.

darth los
01-Oct-2010, 02:09 PM
bitch you crazy? the passing is the dogs bollocks, the wedding scene?, the finale?, the bitching scavenge map? the new weapon and survivors?, the sewer run? That campaign is shit hot compared to some others, like swamp fever which is still the easiest most lacklustre of them all. 'side form the hick town its very meh. especially the finale.

My favourites are still hard rain, dark carnival, dead air and death toll. Though blood harvest and dead center are fun- the parish and no mercy i think i just got sick of due to the demos y'know?

-also interesting to note that this IS for both games, you buy it once and can play it regardless of which disk you have in your console. plus its advertised as coming for mac too. which is cool.

3qa69BN4_I8

Exactly. It's a scavenge map which is the reason Dead Ceter's finale sucks balls as well.

It's put in there to give a glimpse of the new game mode that they came out with and feels out of place in a campaign.

I'd rather play swamp fever 10 times than the passing twice.

Crash course still sucks though. Can we agree on that atleast?

Neil
01-Oct-2010, 02:42 PM
This post tells a little about how I feel about the DLc's and reveals why most are more excited for the new No mercy.

"As much as i adored the the LVD series, i have to admit more content does not equal good content. I'm done paying for another 20 minute romp through zombie encrusted streets. Add more gameplay elements...not unnecessary plot explainations. & another thing...why can't i keep track of how many zombies i've killed. maybe a global scoreboard? ehh?".

Also, this is a big gripe my and my mates have with the vs. mode of the game. How come there's no way to track how many infected we've killed or who's used the most health packs, etc. like there is in campaign? It would really promote friendly competition amongst a team.

Well, all the DLCs are free on the PC :)

You get charged on the XBox?

darth los
01-Oct-2010, 03:00 PM
Uh, Ya!

7 Bucks for that shit!

Neil
01-Oct-2010, 03:26 PM
Uh, Ya!

7 Bucks for that shit!

:cool:Well have to say... As regards L4D/L4D2, it seems PC for the win regarding controls and price etc :)

Why is the DLC free via Steam on the PC, but you have to pay on the XBox? Seems odd!

Danny
01-Oct-2010, 03:31 PM
Well have to say... As regards L4D/L4D2, it seems PC for the win regarding controls and price etc :)

Why is the DLC free via Steam on the PC, but you have to pay on the XBox? Seems odd!

its in the microsoft contracts to pay for the server upkeep only your first dlc can be free, then you pay for the rest its the one thing psn and xbla have in common.

LouCipherr
01-Oct-2010, 04:23 PM
Well, all the DLCs are free on the PC :)

You get charged on the XBox?

Uh, Ya!

7 Bucks for that shit!

*snicker*

its in the microsoft contracts to pay for the server upkeep only your first dlc can be free, then you pay for the rest its the one thing psn and xbla have in common.

...paying for "server upkeep"? If the PC market can survive without this, why not XBL?

Hence why I love and loathe XBL & the 360. :( It's an interesting love/hate relationship, that's for sure.

darth los
01-Oct-2010, 04:38 PM
It's like getting charged an arm and a leg for geek squad installation or for them to fix your computer.

The average joe doesn't know any better and figures that it's all on the up and up.

Danny
01-Oct-2010, 05:15 PM
*snicker*

...paying for "server upkeep"? If the PC market can survive without this, why not XBL?

honestly i dont have a problem with it. its the £40 a year for fucking useless twitter and facebook that i have a problem with.

darth los
05-Oct-2010, 01:17 PM
Ok. Anyone know what's up with the left 4 dead dlc?

I've been checking all morning and nothing.

Every dlc that has come out so far has been delayed but we were given prior notice that it was gonna happen but this time nothing.

Any word?