PDA

View Full Version : "Let The Right One In" - Maybe going to be ok?

Neil
02-Oct-2010, 03:49 PM
First review I've seen, and it's +ve!

http://www.cinemablend.com/reviews/Let-Me-In-4871.html

Read the following comment to:-

Fantastic. Incredible. Every bit as good as the original - and I say that as someone who was dreading the idea of remaking Let The Right One In. Reeves schools every other director in Hollywood on what you can get out of child actors if you know what you're doing. He also puts on a masterful display of setting a mood, a time and a place. Not only did it seem exactly like the 80s as I remember them - neither overdone nor underdone - but the whole film was shot in a way that gave it a look and feel like something shot in the 80s.

Just a tremendous movie.

blind2d
02-Oct-2010, 06:07 PM
This new one's "Let Me In", which I feel is a weak title.
That blurb you quoted sounds like it doesn't deviate from the original much, which is good, but... what's with the '80s theme? I thought the original was supposed to be modern day? ...whatever, I'm still highly skeptical.

bassman
02-Oct-2010, 08:02 PM
I've seen many reviews that say it's good if you like the original. Probably because it's mostly a shot-for-shot remake, from what they say...

blind2d
02-Oct-2010, 10:06 PM
So what's the point of making it, then?

AcesandEights
02-Oct-2010, 10:37 PM
what's with the '80s theme? I thought the original was supposed to be modern day?

The original also took place in the early 80s. Hell, they reference Brezhnev and the Communist party at some point on a broadcast.

Purge
03-Oct-2010, 04:45 PM
Saw it last night. Well-made and all, but yeah, if you saw the original, there's not much reason to see this one.