PDA

View Full Version : Rush Limbaugh on "Family Guy"

thxleo
02-Oct-2010, 04:51 PM
This is pretty funny...

http://www.hulu.com/watch/181988/family-guy-rush-to-excellence?c=0:150

Danny
02-Oct-2010, 06:24 PM
family guy hasn't been funny for a long time.

/thread.

/finger snap.

...../cobra neck

bassman
02-Oct-2010, 08:00 PM
family guy hasn't been funny for a long time.

/thread.

/finger snap.

...../cobra neck

True, but at least they're trying something other than the same old fighting chicken and conway jokes. Those kind of repeats are what really put me off of Family Guy. The Conway jokes seem like they're just trying fill a ten minute slot in their twenty minute show...

blind2d
02-Oct-2010, 10:10 PM
I find it too political... :(

clanglee
03-Oct-2010, 12:05 AM
Bah. I still find Family Guy Hilarious. To each his own I guess. I find a lot of The Family Guy's references to be generational as well. . . .90% of Seth Macfarlands humor is just right up my alley.

Doc
03-Oct-2010, 04:53 AM
Meh, it's still ok. I don't think it's as, terrible now as, some are making it out too be. Some episodes are still pretty decent, and sometimes even great ones come. Though nothing will ever touch the first 3 seasons.

MinionZombie
03-Oct-2010, 10:20 AM
Some episodes are hilarious, some are deathly unfunny, and some are impressive from a grandiose standpoint but aren't that funny (like the murder mystery episode) ... they do try to mix things up a little bit now and then, unlike The Simpson's which keeps blundering on. The Simpsons has improved in the last couple of seasons (and the move to HD and widescreen did help a bit too - a fresh lick of paint so-to-speak), but the episodes are so often quite dull that it's really unfortunate. I only continue to watch The Simpson's out of respect for the first 13-or-so seasons.

There was a period in Family Guy though when I did get quite sick of it. It was around the time they totally overdid those "it's like the time when..." jokes - it was like they had five of the fucking things in each goddamn episode, it was a piss take. Since then it's been up and down, sometimes really funny and interesting, sometimes dull ... and yeah, the insanely blunt political posturing they sometimes show-off makes my eyes roll ... like this ... :rolleyes::bored::rolleyes:

LouCipherr
04-Oct-2010, 01:13 PM
I find it too political... :(

I find it nothing more than Seth MacFarlane fellating Rush Limbaugh on national TV. :whatever:

bassman
04-Oct-2010, 01:19 PM
I find it nothing more than Seth MacFarlane fellating Rush Limbaugh on national TV. :whatever:

Watched it last night and yeah....that's exactly what it is. Only they try to play it off as "poking fun" at themselves.

The episode sucked, btw. I chuckled maybe once...

MinionZombie
04-Oct-2010, 04:01 PM
I didn't see it as fellating Limbaugh, as they threw as much ill-considered, off-the-shelf, anti-republicanism as they did off-the-shelf "hippy liberal" wank too. The episode was wank in general, the only good bit was Lois bitching out Brian for being the sort of dick who's only happy when they're in opposition - so as soon as they get into power they get all sniffy - that was the only good bit. The stuff which was pro Limbaugh was just nonsense jibberish too.

The rest was pretty lame with tired "POLITICAL!" 'jokes', 'observations' and a very uneven sense of impartiality - like, a show will take the piss out of the Republicans, and then "for balance" it'll have a Republican bashing a Liberal, but in fact all it's doing is making another joke out of a Republican because of their "insane hatred of hippies" or whatever off-the-peg wank they've lobbed into the script ... any political extreme, be it right or left, should be shredded in equal measure ... I don't know, it just seems like "satire" and "parody" in shows like Family Guy is skewed lazily from one perspective, even when they're 'making fun of liberals' ... that's how it feels so often.

Now - disclaimer time - I think the Dems are too left, and the Reps too right ... so don't label me a Rep-lover or a Dem-lover ... I can't stand American politics right now actually, it appears to me - from across the pond anyway - to just be two insane tribes flinging shit at each other and getting REALLY ANGRY about EVERYTHING ... so I guess Jon Stewart's 'chill out' rally makes sense in that perspective.

And wasn't Limbaugh the guy who said J. Fox was "putting on" his Parkinsons effects after not taking his medication to illustrate the dreadfulness of the disease? If so, fuck that guy because of that comment.

slickwilly13
04-Oct-2010, 04:17 PM
American Dad was funnier last night. Especially, when Roger *alien* dropped liquid LSD in his eyes before driving, then began tripping later on.

LouCipherr
04-Oct-2010, 04:37 PM
I didn't see it as fellating Limbaugh.

That whole ending thing of Rush running down the street, turning into an eagle and fading into an american flag - if that isn't sucking Rush's cock, I don't know what could be considered doing so.

Watched it last night and yeah....that's exactly what it is. Only they try to play it off as "poking fun" at themselves.

The episode sucked, btw. I chuckled maybe once...

This, and agreed. Anything with Rush the Jackass in it makes me want to turn it off, but I figured I'd give this episode a fair watch since I love Family Guy. It sucked.

DjfunkmasterG
04-Oct-2010, 04:40 PM
Did they have to use a WIDE ANGLE CARTOON LENS to film it? Fuck Rush and his Fat Republican nut licking ass.

LouCipherr
04-Oct-2010, 04:59 PM
Did they have to use a WIDE ANGLE CARTOON LENS to film it?

I wonder if this was the first FG done in WIDESCREEN specifically for Rush. :shifty:

bassman
04-Oct-2010, 05:10 PM
I think the Simpson's just recently converted to widescreen as well. Should become the norm before long.

darth los
04-Oct-2010, 05:11 PM
Fuck Rush and his Fat Republican nut licking ass.

This ^^^^.

:cool:

bassman
04-Oct-2010, 05:44 PM
This is semi-related to Family Guy, but you know what else sucks? The Cleveland Show. How this show made it into a second season is beyond me. The season premiere that aired in front of FG last night was just garbage. Just like FG, I think I chuckled once or twice. Every episode i've seen of that show is crap.

And how many times can McFarlane recycle the same premise and call it a different show?!? Let's see.....stupid lead father character? Check. Rebellious/nerdy teenage kid characters? Check. Talking animal or other creature that shouldn't speak? Check. Middle class family home? Check. Repeated plots? Check. Same look to all the characters? Check. It's pathetic....

MinionZombie
04-Oct-2010, 06:06 PM
That whole ending thing of Rush running down the street, turning into an eagle and fading into an american flag - if that isn't sucking Rush's cock, I don't know what could be considered doing so.

Or it could easily be viewed as a parody on what Limbaugh presents himself as, and might believe himself to be, and indeed how many on the far left think the far right view themselves. In reality though, both the far right and the far left are c**ts. :D

I think the Simpson's just recently converted to widescreen as well. Should become the norm before long.

If memory serves they converted in the last few episodes of Season 20. We're now into Season 22. It's about time Family Guy went widescreen and spruced the look up a bit, it was looking decidedly out of date compared to the likes of the new-look Simpson's, and indeed how Futurama has looked for quite a while now too.

This is semi-related to Family Guy, but you know what else sucks? The Cleveland Show. How this show made it into a second season is beyond me. The season premiere that aired in front of FG last night was just garbage. Just like FG, I think I chuckled once or twice. Every episode i've seen of that show is crap.

And how many times can McFarlane recycle the same premise and call it a different show?!? Let's see.....stupid lead father character? Check. Rebellious/nerdy teenage kid characters? Check. Talking animal or other creature that shouldn't speak? Check. Middle class family home? Check. Repeated plots? Check. Same look to all the characters? Check. It's pathetic....

I'll probably watch season two when it's on E4, but only as filler and time killer. As you say there are so many repeated elements. Cleveland would have been best kept in Quohog. Three MacFarlane shows on in one night? Sheesh ... give someone else a chance, yeah?

slickwilly13
04-Oct-2010, 08:12 PM
Did they have to use a WIDE ANGLE CARTOON LENS to film it? Fuck Rush and his Fat Republican nut licking ass.

Rush lost weight. He is not nearly as fat as he was in the 90's.

LouCipherr
04-Oct-2010, 08:23 PM
Or it could easily be viewed as a parody on what Limbaugh presents himself as, and might believe himself to be, and indeed how many on the far left think the far right view themselves. In reality though, both the far right and the far left are c**ts. :D

You're giving them FAR too much credit.

DubiousComforts
04-Oct-2010, 08:33 PM
Only they try to play it off as "poking fun" at themselves.
Which is exactly what every comedy--animated or otherwise--is typically striving for with guest appearances. Or was John McCain not poking fun at himself on SNL when he described one of his campaign strategies as "The Sad Grandpa"?

How about the Team America theme song? After all, both examples were so obviously meant to be taken 100% seriously as pro-American right wing rhetoric, right?

bassman
04-Oct-2010, 09:21 PM
Which is exactly what every comedy--animated or otherwise--is typically striving for with guest appearances. Or was John McCain not poking fun at himself on SNL when he described one of his campaign strategies as "The Sad Grandpa"?

Yeah, yeah, I know this. My point is that their wink to the audience failed. Instead of funny it came off as being masterbatory.

DubiousComforts
04-Oct-2010, 10:22 PM
Yeah, yeah, I know this. My point is that their wink to the audience failed. Instead of funny it came off as being masterbatory.
We don't actually know how it came off to the entire audience, only to a few posting here and based the comments, people are quick to assume a suck-dick agenda by the show's creator(s) simply because they (the viewers) dislike Limbaugh's politics.

bassman
05-Oct-2010, 01:02 AM
We don't actually know how it came off to the entire audience, only to a few posting here and based the comments, people are quick to assume a suck-dick agenda by the show's creator(s) simply because they (the viewers) dislike Limbaugh's politics.

I'm not speaking for any viewers but myself. I really don't know too much about Limbaugh and I don't really care for politics, honestly. I'm only stating my opinion of that show.

Obviously we don't know how all viewers perceived the episode.:duh:

LouCipherr
05-Oct-2010, 01:04 AM
How about the Team America theme song? After all, both examples were so obviously meant to be taken 100% seriously as pro-American right wing rhetoric, right?

How about it? It sucked, as did this Family Guy episode.

What does his politics have to do with anything? I disliked it because it was an obvious nod to a complete douchebag. My feelings about him being a douchebag have nothing to do with his political beliefs.

DjfunkmasterG
05-Oct-2010, 01:05 AM
what does his politics have to do with anything? I disliked it because it was an obvious nod to a complete douchebag. My feelings about him being a douchebag have nothing to do with his political beliefs.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^ +1,000,000 :lol:

MinionZombie
05-Oct-2010, 09:52 AM

What?! No fucking way, Team America was great! That whole 'dicks, pussies and assholes' speech was the best summation of politics and conflict I've ever heard - and "America, Fuck Yeah!" is a terrifically ironic song, but more than that it's still got a kick arse catchy sound to it.

Then again, didn't Team America fail hard in America but do really well everywhere else? :shifty: And no, that's not some kind of anti-America comment, nor a comment like 'everyone hates America' ... I can't stand that bullshit. Every nation on the planet has their fair share of c**ts.

DjfunkmasterG
05-Oct-2010, 11:07 AM
Team America sucked total ass.... and the song is fucking annoying and truly does pander to the easily amused.

No offense MZ, but I have to say your taste in music and movies frightens me.

LouCipherr
05-Oct-2010, 12:44 PM
What?! No fucking way, Team America was great!

Sorry man, I hated the song. Don't know what else to tell ya. :lol:

MinionZombie
05-Oct-2010, 03:05 PM
Team America sucked total ass.... and the song is fucking annoying and truly does pander to the easily amused.

No offense MZ, but I have to say your taste in music and movies frightens me.

Sorry man, I hated the song. Don't know what else to tell ya. :lol:

Nah. Team America ruled. It's official and everything. :cool:

LouCipherr
05-Oct-2010, 03:21 PM
Nah. Team America ruled. It's official and everything. :cool:

:lol:

I'll admit - the movie and song were funny. Once. After that, it just wore thin. For me, it wasn't a "I can go back and watch this 10 years from now and it'll still be funny" like, for example, Ghostbusters or something along those lines. ;)

DubiousComforts
05-Oct-2010, 05:20 PM
How about it? The point was not whether or not you believe it sucked, but that neither is pushing a serious political agenda. Or do you really believe "America, Fuck Yeah!" was intended as a reverent display of pro-American patriotism?

My feelings about him being a douchebag have nothing to do with his political beliefs.
If not for his overt, in-your-face political agenda, then what's the problem? Do you know the guy personally and he pissed on your grandpa or something?

You think Limbaugh is a "douchebag" and yet you bothered to watch the Family Guy episode that he was guest starring in? What did you expect?

It's obviously best to follow bassman's usual advice: "if you don't like it, than don't watch it."

JDFP
05-Oct-2010, 05:44 PM

This is why we can't have political discussions around here. Republicans attempt to use logic and rational thinking -- meanwhile all lefties know how to do is insult, belittle, and attempt to drag others down. I'm only pointing Gary out here because he said it first -- but many others here are giving into the same juvenile drivel instead of doing something called looking at the issues. Typical liberal ploy. Go after the people instead of the issues.

As far as "Family Guy" -- I've seen a few episodes and it's "eh" as far as humor goes. Don't really have any interest to see Rush made into a parody as he can sometimes be a bit extreme in his views without having to do a parody (this goes for many in the left and right field who push the envelope for a reaction -- Michael Moore, Bill Maher, and Keith Olbermann come to my mind on the left side -- Rush Limbaugh, Anne Coulter, and Sean Hannity come to my mind on the right side of the fence). Politics man, just nasty stuff.

j.p.

Doc
05-Oct-2010, 06:15 PM
Well, holy crap I saw the episode 'And then there were fewer' and it has to be the best episode I've seen in a long while. Really wasn't expecting the final scenes at all. Not particularly fun, but interesting.

LouCipherr
05-Oct-2010, 06:49 PM
How about it? The point was not whether or not you believe it sucked, but that neither is pushing a serious political agenda. Or do you really believe "America, Fuck Yeah!" was intended as a reverent display of pro-American patriotism?

Who cares about the political agenda of either? That has nothing to do with the topic and discussion at hand. Why do you insist this is all about politics? :rolleyes:

If not for his overt, in-your-face political agenda, then what's the problem? Do you know the guy personally and he pissed on your grandpa or something?

Since when do I need to know a person personally to make a deduction whether or not they are a douchebag? Do all of us know Dj personally? No, but we all know he's a douchebag, right? :shifty: :lol:

(lol, sorry Dj, just trying to prove a point here.. ;))

You think Limbaugh is a "douchebag" and yet you bothered to watch the Family Guy episode that he was guest starring in? What did you expect?

Yes, yes I did.

Why did I watch the show? Hmmm, well, lets see.. perhaps because I'm a Family Guy fan and I enjoy the it most of the time? I had no idea the douchebag was going to be on the show. The show was like a train wreck - you don't WANT to watch it, but after you see it initially, you just can't turn away because you can't believe what you're seeing with your own two eyes.

What I didn't expect is the blatant ass-kissing MacFarlane would give Rush.

It's obviously best to follow bassman's usual advice: "if you don't like it, than don't watch it."

...and it's obvious you should probably not make assumptions about why people disliked the show, as you did with me in particular.

bassman
05-Oct-2010, 07:16 PM
Its funny how something as small as a guest star on a cartoon series can turn into political bickering. That was probably the intention of the thread creator. I can see Leo sitting back and laughing now.

"Dance, puppets, DANCE! MWAHAHAHA" :lol:

LouCipherr
05-Oct-2010, 07:19 PM
No shit, man.

:deadhorse:

Rottedfreak
05-Oct-2010, 07:27 PM
they referenced that in a Quagmire gag last season:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wyiyj85BtwE

darth los
05-Oct-2010, 08:54 PM
This is why we can't have political discussions around here. Republicans attempt to use logic and rational thinking -- meanwhile all lefties know how to do is insult, belittle, and attempt to drag others down. I'm only pointing Gary out here because he said it first -- but many others here are giving into the same juvenile drivel instead of doing something called looking at the issues. Typical liberal ploy. Go after the people instead of the issues.

j.p.

Please tell me you're kidding. The same could be said be said about most righties.

Have you ever listened to rush's show?

I'll tell you what listen to his program one day then listen to one from air america and you tell me which show lets more epithets fly.

JDFP
05-Oct-2010, 09:15 PM
Please tell me you're kidding. The same could be said be said about most righties.

Have you ever listened to rush's show?

I'll tell you what listen to his program one day then listen to one from air america and you tell me which show lets more epithets fly.

I actually prefer my Neal Boortz (love Boortz, the cranky old man is great).

What gets to me, Los, is the degree of vitriol that others seem to have against Rush personally when he's no more into pushing the envelope as opposed to any other "commentator" out there. Olbermann, Limbaugh, Coulter, O'Reilly, Hannity, Maher, Moore, I can't tell the difference except which one is yelling on what side of the fence. They are ALL yelling it to the same intensity -- in fact that's their very point as a "commentator" to yell it -- but I think it's silly to attempt to say Rush is any more different than all the others (save that he may have been earlier than the others and deserves some small degree of recognition for that). If Rush is going to be attacked for his yelling -- they all need equal appreciation for doing the same damn thing on both sides of the fence.

j.p.

DjfunkmasterG
06-Oct-2010, 12:13 AM
No worries Lou.... I am a douchebag... and all republicans suck!

DjfunkmasterG
06-Oct-2010, 12:13 AM
Its funny how something as small as a guest star on a cartoon series can turn into political bickering. That was probably the intention of the thread creator. I can see Leo sitting back and laughing now.

"Dance, puppets, DANCE! MWAHAHAHA" :lol:

And he can lick my nut sack for it if that is what he is doing?