PDA

View Full Version : cop:Maybe we ca make it to the island, Flyboy:What island?, cop: Any island.

Alzombiehunter
09-Oct-2010, 04:52 PM
Was this line from Dawn of the Dead early reference that George Romero wanted to make a future movie about an island of zombies( Survival of the dead)? I can't help thinking about that.

JDFP
09-Oct-2010, 06:42 PM
Was this line from Dawn of the Dead early reference that George Romero wanted to make a future movie about an island of zombies( Survival of the dead)? I can't help thinking about that.

I'm not for certain if Romero was going to use this for basing another film on or not. I think it was just one of those: "What if?" moments in the film that people have picked up on. Someone correct me if I'm wrong on this, but isn't there a professional/semi-professional novel/novella/fiction story somewhere that picks up surrounding the "dock cops" and what happens to them after "Dawn" somewhere?

If I'm not mistaken, I think there's quite a few stores regarding the dock cops floating around the fiction section here as well.

"Got any cigarettes?" -- one of the best lines ever.

:D

j.p.

bassman
09-Oct-2010, 07:35 PM
Damn...now i'm going to have to switch back to me "straight up" avatar. :p

I think the island idea was just something romero had bouncing around in his head for a while. The original Day script takes place on an island, so maybe the inspiration for that came from the line in Dawn?

krakenslayer
09-Oct-2010, 07:50 PM
To be honest I think it's just a common sense strategy that is pretty likely to come up again and again because it's just logical. An island is a habitable zone surrounded by a huge natural barrier (for anything that can't drive a boat), so it just makes sense. That's why the characters in Day escape to an island, why the society in Land was set up on a penninsula, why the characters in the Dawn remake made for an island and why the dock cops do too.

MoonSylver
09-Oct-2010, 08:03 PM
Yeah, I never really thought there was any foreshadowing involved ( but who knows?), but just thought it was the kind of thing that was likely to come up.