PDA

View Full Version : Rush fans & drummers... this is wicked!

LouCipherr
13-Jun-2006, 11:38 PM
Rush - YYZ (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3-2fKi9Zu5o)

Someone did some absolutely fantastic computer animation on this.

For the first 30 seconds, I thought I was watching a real person! :D

LC

creepntom
13-Jun-2006, 11:51 PM
that was pretty good

Danny
14-Jun-2006, 12:08 AM
didnt bubbles from trailer park boys go on stage at a rush concert in canada?:D

Adrenochrome
14-Jun-2006, 01:16 AM
wow. Nice!

DjfunkmasterG
14-Jun-2006, 12:24 PM
It's a pretty cool video. Lou sent it to me last night. I am not a huge Rush fan, but Neil Pert was an amazing drummer. It was nice to see a fan do this kind of a tribute to the band and Neil.

bassman
14-Jun-2006, 12:44 PM
I don't have audio on this computer:(

It looks just like a CG character playing the song.....

Watch the Rush In Rio DVD.....great performance of "YYZ".

It's a pretty cool video. Lou sent it to me last night. I am not a huge Rush fan, but Neil Pert was an amazing drummer. It was nice to see a fan do this kind of a tribute to the band and Neil.

IS an amazing drummer, man. IS....,,he isn't gone, yet.;)

AssassinFromHell
14-Jun-2006, 03:29 PM
Freakin' sweet Lou, thanks for sharing this! Rush rocks.

DjfunkmasterG
14-Jun-2006, 03:32 PM
Give the man some rep if you approve! :D

Philly_SWAT
14-Jun-2006, 10:44 PM
WOW!!! This is one of the best computer animation I have ever seen! Add in a killer Rush tune and....what more could you want? I always used to say that Eddie Van Halen was the best guitarist and Neil Pert was the best drummer.

Adrenochrome
14-Jun-2006, 11:08 PM
WOW!!! This is one of the best computer animation I have ever seen! Add in a killer Rush tune and....what more could you want? I always used to say that Eddie Van Halen was the best guitarist and Neil Pert was the best drummer.
I'll agree with the Peart comment....this animatin is fantastic....it kinda let's you in on his "secrets" - not that they're really "secrets", but, you know what I mean.....the animation is playing EXACTLEY what is played in the original song! (with one exeption....there's a few cymbol crashes that are replaced with lightning strikes - other than that, it's perfect!!!)

have you guys been here? - http://www.neilpeart.net/

LouCipherr
15-Jun-2006, 12:01 PM
Yeah - and Neil Peart even has that animation on his website (under "extras") for download! I bet he was pleasantly surprised when he saw that for the first time! :D

I think what I liked most about the video is that the animation is just spot-on with the music. I mean, each drum hit is timed pretty much perfectly with the music.

BTW: You can actually download the video from the author's website HERE. (http://www.bobbysbrane.com/) Check under the "Animation Fun" section. I believe he offers it as a quicktime .mov file and a 47mb .wmv file. On Neil's site, I believe he only offers the quicktime .mov file. ;)

I'm glad you guys dug it - I was thinking people were going to say "uhhh, yeah, real nice, Lou.. get a hobby." :lol:

LC

Adrenochrome
15-Jun-2006, 02:55 PM
I'm glad you guys dug it - I was thinking people were going to say "uhhh, yeah, real nice, Lou.. get a hobby." :lol:

LC

No, man! It's awsome...after seeing it the first time I immediatley shared it via email with all my RUSH friends.
Have you seen the entire "Instructional DVD" by Neil? It's pretty funking awsome........and to think he just recently (within the past year or so) took lessons from Buddy Rich to help with his own original techniques....I've seen RUSH many times over the years...they really stand up to their name LIVE.

peace

LouCipherr
15-Jun-2006, 03:17 PM
:D

Well, i'm glad you guys enjoyed it. I have a thing for killer computer animation and I love Rush.. and this was just the perfect combination of two of my favorite things.

I haven't seen Neil Pearts instructional video, but I bet it's awesome. I think it would probably intimidate me more than anything. It would be like me watching a Steve Vai instructional video - I've played guitar for 25+ years, but seeing someone like Vai show their techniques would just make me want to put down my instrument 'cause I know there's no way in hell I'd be able to even come close to their playing...