PDA

View Full Version : Funny thing happened in front of Uno's pizza the other day

Philly_SWAT
11-Oct-2010, 05:06 AM
So I am standing across from Uno's with my friend, and I say to him "Hey, look over there in front of Uno's, there's a Hare Krishna zombie" and he says something like "Yeah, that's cool", but I say "You don't catch my meaning. That isn't just any old Hare Krishna zombie, it's THE Hare Krishna, Mike Christopher". He asks if I am sure, and I say that I am pretty sure, but we should get closer to make sure. We got closer, and I discovered that I was correct. Here is the pic that I took with him.

http://i95.photobucket.com/albums/l150/Philly_SWAT/meandhare.jpg

MoonSylver
11-Oct-2010, 05:16 AM
Wow that's cool! Now...um...WTF was he doing there in full get up?!? I'm ASSUMING there was a convention or something nearby? :confused:

clanglee
11-Oct-2010, 06:52 AM
Yeah man. . that is random as all hell. . .an explination is needed. But awesome!!

Yojimbo
11-Oct-2010, 08:37 AM
No way!!!

That is gnarly awesome.

bassman
11-Oct-2010, 11:50 AM
Very cool. But as mentioned before....why was he dressed up on the streets?:shifty:

And damn dude....you could've acted a bit more excited about it. You both look like zombies. :lol:

AcesandEights
11-Oct-2010, 01:54 PM
For you to randomly run into Hare Krishna zombie by pure happenstance when not at or near a convention or other related event is...*crunches the numbers*...really too weird, Philly.

Congrats, though!

JDFP
11-Oct-2010, 03:58 PM
That is a very groovy story.

As far as dressing up as the Hare Krishna zombie -- does he need a specific reason? Doesn't anyone else here randomly dress up like a zombie on random days just for the fun of it -- to go out and freak people out/scare people? If you don't you should.

Anyway, I'm crazy... so what do I know? (other than knowing I fit in well here with all you other crazy people).

j.p.

blind2d
11-Oct-2010, 05:06 PM
That is just too cool. God intervened I think for this to happen. Truly amazing.

shootemindehead
11-Oct-2010, 05:30 PM
Ha ha...holy jesus, what are the odds?

A day to remember, that one.

Philly_SWAT
11-Oct-2010, 09:47 PM
Well, I purposely did not explain the circumstances of the pic for dramatic/comedic effect. Yes, it was at a con, Spooky Empire in Orlando (which with much research, appears to me to be the best in the country). There was a zombie walk, which started at the aforementioned Uno's. Also in the zombie walk was Bill Hinzman in full costume (pic to be posted later) which I offer as proof of my argument in the past that Night and Dawn are set in the same universe!

MoonSylver
11-Oct-2010, 10:45 PM
Very cool. But as mentioned before....why was he dressed up on the streets?:shifty:

And damn dude....you could've acted a bit more excited about it. You both look like zombies. :lol:

"Must...not...crack...smile..." :lol:

bassman
11-Oct-2010, 10:52 PM
That must've felt strange seeing an icon dressed up like that in the streets. Before you knew it was a con, that is. That's like seeing Arnold walking around in full Terminator get up.

It's cool seeing the actor get back into it. If I remember correctly, he just recently started going to conventions and walks, didn't he? Seems like I remember someone saying that he was new to it all and he had no idea the movie has as big a following as it does...

krakenslayer
11-Oct-2010, 10:58 PM

True!

Philly, buddy, you looked more excited getting your photo taken with the National Guard Staging Area House!:

http://i95.photobucket.com/albums/l150/Philly_SWAT/National%20Guard%20Command%20Center/100_3069.jpg

:lol: :D

Philly_SWAT
12-Oct-2010, 01:02 AM
That must've felt strange seeing an icon dressed up like that in the streets. Before you knew it was a con, that is. That's like seeing Arnold walking around in full Terminator get up.

It's cool seeing the actor get back into it. If I remember correctly, he just recently started going to conventions and walks, didn't he? Seems like I remember someone saying that he was new to it all and he had no idea the movie has as big a following as it does...
To be clear, I DID know it was a con, I was there for that specific purpose. And yes, Mike said a couple of years ago that he was unaware of the con scene and had only recently found out about it. I heard that Bill Hinzman turned him on to the idea of being in costume for one full day at the con.

clanglee
12-Oct-2010, 01:51 AM
Well I still think it's just plain awesome.

Trancelikestate
12-Oct-2010, 03:30 AM
Did he charge you 20 bucks for the pic? Thats what he was charging for sigs at his first con. I know people gotta make a buck, but shortly thereafter i walked into monroeville mall in time and space toys and they had like 3 of his signed figures selling for 15 bucks each. After of course i bought one for 15 not signed. Hinzman gets around, dubious and i just saw him here 2 weeks ago.

Neil
12-Oct-2010, 01:28 PM
Of course, don't forget there's a great interview with him over in the Film Section > Dawn...

http://www.homepageofthedead.com/films/

bassman
12-Oct-2010, 01:45 PM
Of course, don't forget there's a great interview with him over in the Film Section > Dawn...

http://www.homepageofthedead.com/films/

Shameless plug. :p

Actually, I just went through that interview again as I haven't seen it since first posted. He mentions that he was just told about the Neca figure. They can release a figure of someone's likeness without even contacting them? I guess he signed all that away when he filmed his scenes, and in turn that means neca just bought it from Rubenstein?

paranoid101
12-Oct-2010, 08:22 PM
Maybe hes not been able to take the make up off since filming, like the tiger face paint at the Fun day in Phoenix Nights.

Philly_SWAT
12-Oct-2010, 10:13 PM
Did he charge you 20 bucks for the pic? Thats what he was charging for sigs at his first con. I know people gotta make a buck, but shortly thereafter i walked into monroeville mall in time and space toys and they had like 3 of his signed figures selling for 15 bucks each. After of course i bought one for 15 not signed. Hinzman gets around, dubious and i just saw him here 2 weeks ago.
Yeah, that is what he charged me at his first con (at least I think it was his first) but he charged me $20 for an autograph on a picture of me and him that I had just taken the previous day and had blown at at Walgreens. David Emge, Scott Reiniger and Ken Foree did not charge me anything for the picture I had blown up myself. Then again, they were making more money than he was. But no, he did not charge me for the picture taking in the parking lot. He DID look like he wanted to :)

Shameless plug. :p

Actually, I just went through that interview again as I haven't seen it since first posted. He mentions that he was just told about the Neca figure. They can release a figure of someone's likeness without even contacting them? I guess he signed all that away when he filmed his scenes, and in turn that means neca just bought it from Rubenstein?
I had wondered about that myself, but I assume that since he is a "character" he doesnt have to be contacted. What I mean is, is someone were to make a "Mike Christopher figure" then they would need his legal permission, but not for a hare chrisna zombie.

Maybe hes not been able to take the make up off since filming, like the tiger face paint at the Fun day in Phoenix Nights.
LOL!

sandrock74
13-Oct-2010, 12:52 AM
I think this is proof that the Hare Krishna zombie is really a zombie! Philly also failed to mention the bloodbath that soon followed.

MikePizzoff
13-Oct-2010, 08:09 AM
That's super awesome that he decided to get involved in the zombie walk. Looking forward to the Bill Hinzman picture.

AcesandEights
13-Oct-2010, 02:09 PM
he did not charge me for the picture taking in the parking lot. He DID look like he wanted to :)

He was just playing the pandering Hare Krishna side of his character to the hilt. :)

bassman
13-Oct-2010, 02:11 PM
He was just playing the pandering Hare Krishna side of his character to the hilt. :)

:lol:

He's been in character for all these years. You read that interview neil posted? He tells a story about pestering a guy on set to give him money for the cause. "I know you've got at least one dollar..."

Now he's doing it all over again....

DEAD BEAT
13-Oct-2010, 06:17 PM
Wow that's cool! Now...um...WTF was he doing there in full get up?!? I'm ASSUMING there was a convention or something nearby? :confused:

can u say "job application?" lmao