PDA

View Full Version : Krystals V. White Castle

JDFP
12-Oct-2010, 04:10 PM
Okay, so things have been really dull around here recently... so I figured I'd post a new thread for us to have something to squabbling/argue about as nothing really exciting is up right now.

For those of you who do not live in the northern/southern U.S. who are not fortunate enough to have a Krystals and/or White Castle in your area they are highly addictive gut-busting little mini-burgers that are exceptionally good if you've been drinking copious amounts of alcohol at 3 in the morning (the only place better is the holy Waffle House if you ask me). They are relatively inexpensive and people usually get packs of them of 10 or more. Krystals burgers are known simply as "Krystals" and White Castle burgers are referred to as "Slyders/Sliders (sp?)". They are also regional with White Castles being in the northern U.S. and Krystals being in the south.

If you ask me... Krystals easily kicks White Castle's ass any day of the week. Krystals come already well-prepared with mustard, onions, pickles, and cheese (well, you have to ask for the cheese -- which I always do). White Castle Slyder's come dull and plain except for onions (the one thing I usually request to have taken off my Krystals anyway) -- if you want anything on it, you have to be inconvenienced to do it yourself (and really, what drunk person wants to take time to do this?).

Anyway, your thoughts on the great Krystals / White Castle debate?

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/_s8l-yu7AZLM/SO5lwXztjtI/AAAAAAAAEY4/Etbzqm2QhXE/s320/krystals.jpg

http://www.worldsgreatesthamburgers.com/images/uploads/whitecastle.jpg

j.p.

Mike70
12-Oct-2010, 04:14 PM
I would have to go with White Castle, though I'm not that big of a fan of either.

AcesandEights
12-Oct-2010, 04:17 PM
I would have to go with White Castle, though I'm not that big of a fan of either.

I pretty much agree, though White Castle certainly isn't bad as drunk, late night food in my book.

bassman
12-Oct-2010, 04:21 PM
Not a big fan of either. Of course if I had to choose, I would have to go with Krystal. Being in the south and all...

AcesandEights
12-Oct-2010, 04:26 PM
Not a big fan of either. Of course if I had to choose, I would have to go with Krystal. Being in the south and all...

Pffft... :D

bassman
12-Oct-2010, 04:28 PM
Pffft... :D

Hey....if I don't have an option....

So shut up, ya yank. :lol:

BillyRay
12-Oct-2010, 05:05 PM
I've had both - not much diff in my book.

I thought they were the same company, just named differently by region.

Huh. Learned somethin' new...

JDFP
12-Oct-2010, 05:27 PM
I've had both - not much diff in my book.

I thought they were the same company, just named differently by region.

Huh. Learned somethin' new...

You're thinking of Hardee's and Carl Jr's. Hardee's is out east and Carl Jr.'s is out west but they are the same restaurant just with a different name for their region. Why they do this I have no idea...

j.p.

bassman
12-Oct-2010, 05:39 PM
You're thinking of Hardee's and Carl Jr's.

Now THAT's what i'm talking about. Hardee's has got some phenomenal burgers. I'm in love with their mushroom and swiss. I go from six to midnight just thinking about it. :p

darth los
12-Oct-2010, 05:44 PM
Okay, so things have been really dull around here recently... so I figured I'd post a new thread for us to have something to squabbling/argue about as nothing really exciting is up right now.

For those of you who do not live in the northern/southern U.S. who are not fortunate enough to have a Krystals and/or White Castle in your area they are highly addictive gut-busting little mini-burgers that are exceptionally good if you've been drinking copious amounts of alcohol at 3 in the morning (the only place better is the holy Waffle House if you ask me). They are relatively inexpensive and people usually get packs of them of 10 or more. Krystals burgers are known simply as "Krystals" and White Castle burgers are referred to as "Slyders/Sliders (sp?)". They are also regional with White Castles being in the northern U.S. and Krystals being in the south.

If you ask me... Krystals easily kicks White Castle's ass any day of the week. Krystals come already well-prepared with mustard, onions, pickles, and cheese (well, you have to ask for the cheese -- which I always do). White Castle Slyder's come dull and plain except for onions (the one thing I usually request to have taken off my Krystals anyway) -- if you want anything on it, you have to be inconvenienced to do it yourself (and really, what drunk person wants to take time to do this?).

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/_s8l-yu7AZLM/SO5lwXztjtI/AAAAAAAAEY4/Etbzqm2QhXE/s320/krystals.jpg

http://www.worldsgreatesthamburgers.com/images/uploads/whitecastle.jpg

j.p.

Well, with the media shot you posted of krystals and the, what looks like, a cellphone camera pic of the sliders it's no wonder people would pick krystals! :lol:

:cool:

JDFP
12-Oct-2010, 05:51 PM
Well, with the media shot you posted of krystals and the, what looks like, a cellphone camera pic of the sliders it's no wonder people would pick krystals! :lol:

Los, that's actually probably the most appealing pic I could google-find for White Castle. If that tells anyone here anything... hmm...

(grin)

(Not that I'm biased and think Krystals is far superior or anyting).

j.p.

AcesandEights
12-Oct-2010, 05:54 PM

Glad I'm not the only one who noticed.

I call shenanigans!

---------- Post added at 01:54 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:53 PM ----------

Los, that's actually probably the most appealing pic I could google-find for White Castle. If that tells anyone here anything... hmm...

(grin)

(Not that I'm biased and think Krystals is far superior or anyting).

j.p.

http://cansesclasseled.com/images/haroldandkumar.jpg

bassman
12-Oct-2010, 05:57 PM
:lol: I was waiting for a Harold and Kumar reference. I knew it was coming eventually...

BillyRay
12-Oct-2010, 06:06 PM
You're thinking of Hardee's and Carl Jr's.

Not quite.

I'm aware of Hardees/Carl's being the same company (loved Hardees when you could find one 'round here),

But I thought Krystal/Castle was one company due to the small burgers and the carboard sleeves.

Except it's not.

darth los
12-Oct-2010, 06:10 PM
Not quite.

I'm aware of Hardees/Carl's being the same company (loved Hardees when you could find one 'round here),

But I thought Krystal/Castle was one company due to the small burgers and the carboard sleeves.

Except it's not.

Roy rogers used to be the shiznit! Their roast beef sandwiches were crazy!

AcesandEights
12-Oct-2010, 06:15 PM
Roy rogers used to be the shiznit! Their roast beef sandwiches were crazy!

Yeah, I was upset the number of Roy Roger's locations got scaled back in...I guess it was some time in the 90s.

darth los
12-Oct-2010, 06:31 PM
Yeah, I was upset the number of Roy Roger's locations got scaled back in...I guess it was some time in the 90s.

It was the late 90's. Sometime around 98 ish they started the buyouts with alot of them turning into wendy's.

MoonSylver
12-Oct-2010, 10:49 PM
(the only place better is the holy Waffle House if you ask me).

http://www.kitchenroundtable.com/i/smiley/bow.gif

White Castle Slyder's come dull and plain except for onions

Nothing dull about them. Delish as is.

Never heard of Krystals. White Castle was there first though. First burger chain in the US. Loves me some White Castles I does. I'll usually put down 15-18 of them lil' sumbitches in one go, & then keep crusing back to the "crave case" to snitch an odd one now & again for the rest of the night. I'll even eat 'em cold straight out of the fridge the next morning. Mmmm...

BULL-SHIT MAN!!! :lol:

http://blogs.villagevoice.com/forkintheroad/biteSize.jpg

Glad I'm not the only one who noticed.

I call shenanigans!

Shenanigans indeed. ;)

:lol: (TBF, no fast food burger looks as good as it's PR pic. I don't give a fuck what it looks like <well sorta>, it's all about the taste.)

acealive1
21-Oct-2010, 07:32 PM
white castle burgers make ur bowels smell like a sewer.

MoonSylver
21-Oct-2010, 07:36 PM
white castle burgers make ur bowels smell like a sewer.

Nah, just the freeze-dried & then frien onions...mmmm...sweet, sweet freeze-dried & the fried onions...:lol: