PDA

View Full Version : Enfield Poltergeist

Rottedfreak
15-Oct-2010, 07:20 PM
I remember seeing this case on Strange but True? years ago it scared the hell out of me, lots of witnesses mostly family, relatives, neighbours, police and paranormal investigators, it lasted months and might be genuine.
http://www.zurichmansion.org/ghosts/video2.html
Strange but true? Enfield Poltergeist video:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DX6LbNFYijQ

BBC One scarred my generation for life with the infamous Ghostwatch in 1992, it featured a mother and her two girls putting up with a spectral entity called 'Mr Pipes' or something (It is possibly on Youtube too but I don't care to look for it, see? scarred. for. life..).

AcesandEights
15-Oct-2010, 07:23 PM
BBC One scarred my generation for life with the infamous Ghostwatch in 1992, it featured a mother and her two girls putting up with a spectral entity called 'Mr Pipes' or something (It is possibly on Youtube too but I don't care to look for it, see? scarred. for. life..).

Okay, I'll definitely try and find it, watch it in a room at night with the lights off and see how it hits. I can definitely get all hairs-on-end moments & chills from a well done ghost yarn if done well. Even being highly skeptical, it's just a gut sort of reaction for me.

MoonSylver
15-Oct-2010, 10:30 PM
Okay, I'll definitely try and find it, watch it in a room at night with the lights off and see how it hits. I can definitely get all hairs-on-end moments & chills from a well done ghost yarn if done well. Even being highly skeptical, it's just a gut sort of reaction for me.

Yeah, ghosts are still the one genre of horror that can still give me the heebie jebbies (maybe demonic possession too). Guess it's the whole "fear of the unknown" + the supernatural still seems plausible enough to be belivable.

bassman
15-Oct-2010, 11:10 PM
Yeah, ghosts are still the one genre of horror that can still give me the heebie jebbies

If you say the same thing about Paranormal Activity, I've lost all respect for you. :p

Seriously though....a sequel?!? Wasn't the first film crappy enough?

MoonSylver
16-Oct-2010, 12:43 AM
If you say the same thing about Paranormal Activity, I've lost all respect for you. :p

Seriously though....a sequel?!? Wasn't the first film crappy enough?

Eh...that one was a little lacking...there were a couple oh cool "oh shit!" moments like when he finds the singed childhood photo in the attic, but overall, it just lacked a little *OOMPH*. Can't quite put my finger on it. I did like how they kept it pretty faithful to the lore of "real" hauntings more or less. Made it seem more real.

I forgot to mention earlier, most of the true life documetries usually don't get me, it's more the movies & books. I can remember being right creeped out reading King's "Bag of Bones" in the wee hours of the morning.

Rottedfreak
16-Oct-2010, 07:38 AM
Does anyone watch Destination Truth? I am very sceptical of that show they always seem to bump into something. The Burrunjor and werewolf ones were freaky though.