View Full Version : Possible Savini/Romero Team Up

ChokeOnEm
16-Oct-2010, 03:26 AM
Savini says he may collaborate with George on a remake of Bob Clark's "Children Shouldn't Play with Dead Things". I believe Clark was working on a "Dead Things" remake himself until his recent death in a tragic accident, See link below for write-up and Savini interview footage. Maybe Savini can help Romero find his way again. Maybe.

http://www.empireonline.com/news/story.asp?NID=29194

MoonSylver
16-Oct-2010, 04:51 AM
:stunned:
Yeah, Clark was going to remake it before his unfortunate death. :( Would've loved to have seen his version.

I could kinda see GAR doing it...it's kind of hippy-trippy. But then again, after his last offering...:(

Honestly, Savini should just do it himself. He did a great job on Night '90 IMO. Why he didn't land more horror directing gigs I don't know.

Philly_SWAT
17-Oct-2010, 09:01 PM
This pairing could be interesting, but I thought that CSPWDT was pretty bad to begin with. The thing that always got me was this...to pull a prank on their friend, a guy agrees to being BURIED ALIVE!!?!?! on some island while everyone else leaves to go get the prank victim, come back, have him dig up the coffin, all for a 2 second shock of the body in the coffin moving/yelling. What if the boat had sank? What is they had all got in a car wreck and died? Since they were doing drugs, what if they simply forgot to come back for a long time? Too many chances of something going wrong. There is NO WAY that any human being would volunteer for a stunt like that.

clanglee
17-Oct-2010, 10:02 PM
Oh wow!! This would be awesome!!! I'd love to see this made. Children is my favorite of the crap zombie movies. I had no idea about Bob Clark. . .that's sad. . . I used to love his movies.

Mike70
17-Oct-2010, 10:11 PM
I had no idea about Bob Clark. . .that's sad. . . I used to love his movies.

it is a sad story. a drunk driver (who was also driving without a license) crossed the center line and hit clark head on. both bob clark and his 22 year old son were killed.

rongravy
17-Oct-2010, 10:30 PM
There is NO WAY that any human being would volunteer for a stunt like that.

What about those Jackass idiots? I bet, and would love to see, Steve-O buried and forgotten...

Debbieangel
18-Oct-2010, 12:44 AM
wowwww...this is AWESOME!!! I would love to see this collarberation ...Savini/Romero coooool!!!!

MoonSylver
18-Oct-2010, 01:35 AM
This pairing could be interesting, but I thought that CSPWDT was pretty bad to begin with. The thing that always got me was this...to pull a prank on their friend, a guy agrees to being BURIED ALIVE!!?!?! on some island while everyone else leaves to go get the prank victim, come back, have him dig up the coffin, all for a 2 second shock of the body in the coffin moving/yelling. What if the boat had sank? What is they had all got in a car wreck and died? Since they were doing drugs, what if they simply forgot to come back for a long time? Too many chances of something going wrong. There is NO WAY that any human being would volunteer for a stunt like that.

Eh, just to play CSPWDT's advocate, Allan (the director) had an almost Charles Manson like sway over his little troupe. He had them convinced that he could make them "big stars" or break & ruin them utterly. Look at all of the shit he pulls the whole movie, & they meekly go along with it, or when they do try to stand up to him, once he reminds them who he is & what he'll do to them, they back right down. The other thing was, the guy in the coffin wasn't alone. He didn't bury HIMSELF alive. His buddy was still there all along, the one they run into once the coffin gag is pulled. If they don't show, they guy who buried him, & was stuck there waiting, would've just dug him back up.

Another HPOTD mysetry solved. :)

Sammich
18-Oct-2010, 01:58 AM
That weird noise the birds make in that movie freaks me out for some reason.

C5NOTLD
18-Oct-2010, 07:33 AM
That would be a great team up on a perfect project.

Epidemic79
22-Oct-2010, 12:07 AM
What about those Jackass idiots? I bet, and would love to see, Steve-O buried and forgotten...

Dido on that one!

Although extremely cheesy,idiotic,and painfully slow paced,it was probably the 2nd Zombie flick I ever saw as a kid(right after NIGHT). And when it finally did kick into full swing,it did creep me out. I'd pay to see a remake/updating of it by Tom or George.

"I PISSED MY PANTS!"