PDA

View Full Version : Anyone see Staunton Hill directed by Cameron Romero?

Sammich
16-Oct-2010, 08:30 PM
I thought it was an ok horror flick with non-cgi gore. The problem I had is that I kept seeing that parts of the plot were lifted straight from other horror movies. Romero's son does a decent job at directing and I am curious to see how he does with The Auctioneers with Tom Sizemore in the lead and hopefully a better written script.

MoonSylver
16-Oct-2010, 09:21 PM
I thought it was an ok horror flick with non-cgi gore. The problem I had is that I kept seeing that parts of the plot were lifted straight from other horror movies. Romero's son does a decent job at directing and I am curious to see how he does with The Auctioneers with Tom Sizemore in the lead and hopefully a better written script.

Nope, never heard of it. Thanks for the heads up, might have to check it out. Tom Sizemore huh? Good luck to Cameron with that. Hopefully he's got his shit together & can do a good job. If not, I wouldn't wish that train wreck on anyone.

Philly_SWAT
17-Oct-2010, 12:58 PM
I saw Stauton Hill earlier this year...I was EXTREMELY dissappointed about how big of a piece of shit I thought it was. I mean, I WANTED to like it seeing as GAR's son directed it and all...I thought it was totally uninspired, and truly that the "directing style" was very poor. There are probably members of HPOTD that could have done a better job with that script. And there was...well, I was gonna say flashbacks, but I am not really sure if they were that or not...that didnt fit in with the main story in the movie at all, and were not even explained when the movie ended. I give it a total thumbs down. The ONLY reason I would say that anyone should force themselves to watch it is if they were a Romero completist, and didnt want to have some Romero project (even if not George's) floating around that they hadnt seen.

Sammich
17-Oct-2010, 07:41 PM
The problem with going into something with high expectations is that minor disappointments become hugely magnified. I saw the movie and didn't know that Romero's son directed it until the credits rolled.

Philly_SWAT
17-Oct-2010, 08:55 PM
The problem with going into something with high expectations is that minor disappointments become hugely magnified. I saw the movie and didn't know that Romero's son directed it until the credits rolled.
You made a true statement. However, in this specific case, I would say that did not apply to me with this movie. I did not have any expectations, other than I wanted to like it. It sucked bad. If I hadn't known that CR had directed it, I still would have come away with the exact same conclusion.