PDA

View Full Version : great, when you finish the roll...

Mike70
18-Oct-2010, 02:29 AM
we'll drop it off at the drug store.

another mike special.

96E4xmY_vsY

ProfessorChaos
18-Oct-2010, 02:52 AM
another great upload.

i'm having a gather at my place for the premiere of TWD, and before hand, we're gonna watch dawn of the dead...not the remake, the real dawn of the dead. most of my guests haven't seen it (and yet, i call them friends...odd), and i'm hoping it blows them away and they enjoy it as much as i did on my first viewing....only problem is, i don't know which version to show them.

while the extended cut is good, if i recall, it's total overkill on the goblin soundtrack. think i should just stick with the theatrical cut?

MoonSylver
18-Oct-2010, 03:04 AM
another great upload.

i'm having a gather at my place for the premiere of TWD, and before hand, we're gonna watch dawn of the dead...not the remake, the real dawn of the dead. most of my guests haven't seen it (and yet, i call them friends...odd), and i'm hoping it blows them away and they enjoy it as much as i did on my first viewing....only problem is, i don't know which version to show them.

while the extended cut is good, if i recall, it's total overkill on the goblin soundtrack. think i should just stick with the theatrical cut?

Hard to be objective after all this time. Extended is my favorite (that's what SHE said! *ba-dum bum*), but I thinks that comes from being a hard core fan & really digging all of the extra stuff. Theatrical is probably best for 1st timers...extended would probably seem to run a little long. (that's what SHE...hey...)

ProfessorChaos
18-Oct-2010, 03:27 AM
yeah, i was thinking the same thing. theatrical seems like the safest bet. seems there was another thread about this, i think i'll use the search feature since it's fixed and see what i can dig up...if not, i'll start a new poll.

and damn, those "that's what she said!" jokes never get old.

MoonSylver
18-Oct-2010, 04:53 AM
and damn, those "that's what she said!" jokes never get old.

I figured I better do it myself before someone else did. (That's what SHE...wait...that doesn't even make sense...) :lol:

bassman
18-Oct-2010, 12:21 PM
Good work, mike.

And Prof....depending on what kind of friends you have, you may want to show them Argento's cut. Not that I personally prefer it, but if they're more into the quick action films of today it would suit them better.

And even though I love Dawn with all my little heart.....you may want to show them Night or Day. Something that holds up a bit better by today's standards. Otherwise you may actually turn them off...

ProfessorChaos
18-Oct-2010, 12:35 PM
well, these friends have already sat down and watched day with me, although it's been months ago...probably close to a year. we may watch that instead, though, since a few of those guys went to contamination with me when we met gary klar, lori cardille, and mark tierno a few months back.

the only thing about the argento cut is the goblin overkill...still debating it. i guess it depends on the mood of the evening and how we're all progressing with our getting shit-faced operation that evening.

damn, this wait is killing me. and now that mad men's season is over, i'm gonna have a couple of boring sunday evenings ahead of me till halloween.

bassman
18-Oct-2010, 12:36 PM
damn, this wait is killing me. and now that mad men's season is over, i'm gonna have a couple of boring sunday evenings ahead of me till halloween.

Fear Fest starts airing today. :D