PDA

View Full Version : tom bosley dead at age 83

Mike70
20-Oct-2010, 12:34 AM
tom bosley, who played pops cunningham in "happy days", has died.

that sucks. if you are my age or close to my age, you probably watched "happy days" as a kid.

sad but the ol' dude had a good run.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-11578530

clanglee
20-Oct-2010, 01:05 AM
Awww Mr. Cunningham is dead. . .that's sad. . . .What is more sad is that I thought for some reason he was already dead. I know that I am getting old, because when I hear of a famous person dying. . .more often than not nowadays. .I am more surprised to find that they were alive still than I am surprised that they died.

MoonSylver
20-Oct-2010, 01:12 AM
June Cleaver & Now Mr. C. sad, but a lot of them are getting up there... :(

ProfessorChaos
20-Oct-2010, 01:21 AM
did he also do the voice-over at the start of the show saying "happy days is filmed before a live studio audience" or something along those lines?

i've seen a few episodes of happy days, but i'm quite sure it was already in re-run stages by then. can't recall any specific episodes or plots, it's been ages.

Publius
20-Oct-2010, 09:23 AM
I believe he was also the voice of True Value hardware store commercials for many years, having played a hardware store owner in Happy Days. Eyyyy, Mr. C, rest in peace!

MikePizzoff
20-Oct-2010, 12:40 PM
RIP Tom

As an avid Happy Days viewer in my youth, I'm pretty bummed about this loss.

AcesandEights
20-Oct-2010, 02:17 PM
I can't believe Tom Bosley was only 83?! He always seemed older gentleman and then eventually...when I was still a kid just plain old. I would have pegged him well into his 90s by now.

Damn, what a great character he played in Mr. C, what a comforting voice he had.

RIP

slickwilly13
20-Oct-2010, 02:26 PM
Here's the third one. Boy from Tarzan died. He was 79. Cheetah outlived them all.

bassman
20-Oct-2010, 02:27 PM
RIP

When I first glanced at this thread title I saw it as "Tim Bisley". I was thinking....are they making Spaced Series 3?!? :p

LouCipherr
20-Oct-2010, 03:26 PM
RIP Tom

As an avid Happy Days viewer in my youth, I'm pretty bummed about this loss.

This. I'm completely bummed. :(