PDA

View Full Version : Hereafter

thxleo
20-Oct-2010, 01:20 AM
Hope this was not posted previously, but I really would like to see this latest from Clint Eastwood. He sure isn't afraid to tackle some deep themes in his old age, which I really respect.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hwb73CSW74w

ProfessorChaos
20-Oct-2010, 01:29 AM
don't think i've seen all of the films eastwood's directed, but all of the ones i've seen have been great. this looks very interesting and like it packs an emotional punch or two. has clint ever done any films concerning the supernatural?

oh, and how did the surgery go, lee? everything okay?

thxleo
20-Oct-2010, 01:42 AM
don't think i've seen all of the films eastwood's directed, but all of the ones i've seen have been great. this looks very interesting and like it packs an emotional punch or two. has clint ever done any films concerning the supernatural?

oh, and how did the surgery go, lee? everything okay?

Thanks for asking, Professor. The surgery went well - at least that's what the surgeon said. LOL It was a low grade cancer and carried a very high curability rate. So I'm very thankful - except for the awful post operation pain. I'm literally living off of percocet right now. LOL

As for Clint doing anything based in the supernatural I can't really think of anything off hand right away. For years I looked at him as directing a lot of forgettable detective films or silly comedies, etc... However, since Mystic River my opinion of him has changed completely. This latest one looks special to me. I hope it is.

Mike70
20-Oct-2010, 01:52 AM
Thanks for asking, Professor. The surgery went well - at least that's what the surgeon said. LOL It was a low grade cancer and carried a very high curability rate. So I'm very thankful - except for the awful post operation pain. I'm literally living off of percocet right now. LOL

holy shite, lee. sorry to hear that happened to you but i'm glad that you are ok.

thxleo
20-Oct-2010, 02:33 AM
holy shite, lee. sorry to hear that happened to you but i'm glad that you are ok.

Thanks, Mike.
Glad to see you back here on the boards!

Publius
20-Oct-2010, 09:30 AM

Wow, glad to hear it came out okay! Heal up quickly!

bassman
20-Oct-2010, 05:02 PM
I doubt I'll get it to see it on the big screen, but I'll watch anything Eastwood makes. Although I do feel that Million Dollar Baby was a BIT overrated. Still good, just wasn't as great as people were making it out to be. Gran Torino is awesome. That movie instantly became one of my favorites from the past 10 or so years.

Glad to hear your surgery went well. :)

thxleo
20-Oct-2010, 06:16 PM
Wow, glad to hear it came out okay! Heal up quickly!

Thanks, Publius!

---------- Post added at 01:16 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:15 PM ----------

Glad to hear your surgery went well. :)

Thanks, bassman!

MoonSylver
20-Oct-2010, 07:13 PM
http://2.bp.blogspot.com/_u4bq290bfyY/S0QK3Wr-HgI/AAAAAAAAAMs/O7HKH2LY1I8/s320/BennyHill.jpg

"Do you believe in the hereafter?"

(Girl) "Yes.."

"Then you know what I'm here after!"

:lol:

(sorry, ever time I hear the words "hereafter" that's the first thing that comes to mind for me.) :)