PDA

View Full Version : halloween remake, directed by rob zombie?

ngm231
14-Jun-2006, 09:58 PM
Ok... i stumbled across this on the internet, and it stated that, rob zombie to write and direct remake of halloween. why fix what isn't broken:mad:

EvilNed
14-Jun-2006, 10:21 PM
John Carpenter remakes is the new thing.

glsjaw
14-Jun-2006, 10:45 PM
it definitly would be interesting, and after how he pulled off rejects i think he might do a good job

LouCipherr
15-Jun-2006, 12:24 PM
To be honest, I think RZ is probably the only director other than Carpenter that I would have faith enough in to make another Halloween movie.

From what I understand, he isn't remaking anything. He's supposedly doing a movie that falls somewhere between part 1 & 2. We shall see..

One thing I do know: RZ has a nice firm grip on what a 70's horror film, cinematically, should look like. One look at "rejects" shows that. I have faith in him, and I think he'll return Halloween back to the way it used to be: scary, not some STUPID, MORONIC story about Meyers and some "cult" :mad:

bassman
15-Jun-2006, 12:50 PM
Yeah, I read some quote from him saying that he respects why alot of the fans of the original are ****ed about it and that's exactly why he wants to do it. He wants to treat it respectfully....the way it should be done.

I've never been a huge fan of the "Halloween" series. I enjoyed the first and second but after that I kinda lost track. But anyway, Zombie is a fan of horror in general and he's showed that he has the talents as a filmmaker with "Rejects". He'll do the series justice. Hell, his film may turn out to be better than the original to some people....

I'm going to be ****ed if they try to remake "The Thing" again. After just watching it the other day, Carpenter's holds up extremely well after almost fifteen years.

LouCipherr
15-Jun-2006, 01:52 PM
I've never been a huge fan of the "Halloween" series. I enjoyed the first and second but after that I kinda lost track.

I'm kinda the same way. I loooved part 1, thought part 2 was good, and the only other one I enjoyed part part 4 - because they finally brought back Meyers after the fiasco H3 was.. :rolleyes: After that, when they started the "cult" bulls*it, it got old in a real hurry. :mad:

I'm going to be ****ed if they try to remake "The Thing" again. After just watching it the other day, Carpenter's holds up extremely well after almost fifteen years.

Man, that is one of my favorite Carpenter movies! I swear, if they touch that movie, I will never ever give hollywood another dime of my money.

The unfortunate part is, it's only a matter of time... Hollywood seems to be in the "we ran out of ideas, so lets just remake every movie that's already been made" mode.

MORONS.

LC

Tullaryx
15-Jun-2006, 02:43 PM

Well, keep praying. Sci-Fi Channel was suppose to be developing a 4-hour mini-series remake of The Thing. But not much has been heard about it since mid-2005.

general tbag
15-Jun-2006, 03:01 PM

i only saw it about 6 months ago after hearin so much about it. awesome film, i kinda wished they would of made a sequel though.

MaximusIncredulous
15-Jun-2006, 03:30 PM
From what I understand, he isn't remaking anything. He's supposedly doing a movie that falls somewhere between part 1 & 2. We shall see..

Do you mean with a different character set? Since 2 picked up right after 1, there isn't much "between" between them.

LouCipherr
15-Jun-2006, 04:36 PM
Do you mean with a different character set? Since 2 picked up right after 1, there isn't much "between" between them.

That's what I was thinking too, but that's the "word on the street." It does seem weird though.. maybe they misinterpreted him and he'll end up doing a prequel to Part 1 or something, I don't know.. but it did seem weird to say he wanted to do something between 1 & 2, and there really isn't much between them - they pick up right after one another.

Maybe focus on other characters other than the ones in part 2? He does get shot and drops to the ground then walks off. Maybe he causes some havoc between then and when he meets back up with Part 2?

I dunno, color me confused.