PDA

View Full Version : Jeannie Jefferies where are you?

Brianruns10
21-Oct-2010, 06:28 PM
I've always wondered where she is now. You think she'd turn up on the convention circuit, considering her role in "Dawn"

Not to mention for a zombie, she was pretty cute!

ProfessorChaos
21-Oct-2010, 06:33 PM
my initial thought was "jeannie jefferies, who are you?"....hmmm cute zombie in dawn, would that be savini's gf at the time who almost took roger out in the truck?

bassman
21-Oct-2010, 06:34 PM
You asked this about two months ago. It's in the "similar threads" section at the bottom of this post. :p

ProfessorChaos
21-Oct-2010, 06:37 PM
oh, snap! the search nazi is back in action!!!!

MoonSylver
21-Oct-2010, 07:46 PM
my initial thought was "jeannie jefferies, who are you?"....hmmm cute zombie in dawn, would that be savini's gf at the time who almost took roger out in the truck?

The same.

You asked this about two months ago. It's in the "similar threads" section at the bottom of this post. :p

oh, snap! the search nazi is back in action!!!!

:lol::lol::lol:

http://i298.photobucket.com/albums/mm255/ChopsRock/Animated%20GIFs/OhSnap-house.gif
(is it kind of weird that from a guy who has 6 posts, 2 of them are the same question looking to track down an actress? :confused:)

That said, I've wondered myself what became of her, if she stayed in the biz, etc.

Brianruns10
21-Oct-2010, 08:06 PM
So I did! Sheesh that was dumb of me. I forgot all about it!

Mods, feel free to delete this thread, with my apologies for the double post!

JeanieJefferies
29-Oct-2012, 02:32 PM
That's actually my mom. Jeanie Jefferies. and before anyone asks, I was born in '81 and NO Tom Savini is not my dad. :gossip:

She is no longer Jeanie Jefferies, my whole life she's been Jeanie Brown (I'm Aaron Brown) but she was remarried recently (about 6 months ago) and is now Jeanie Boshoven:thumbsup:

She went to some shows in the early years but had no Idea the following was still so strong untill now.
We started working on a REALLY big dawn project last month ;) and only then did we start googling and find so many pictures, stories, forums and fan pages for Dawn. She even has t-shirts out there using her blonde zombie face lol. She's really excited.

Funny to know that for 34 years there has been one too many N's in her name :nana:

We believe there will definately be some shows coming up if we can find them.

I made this profile under her name and I know she will be happy to use it and answer any questions but I ask you to keep it respectful and tasteful or I will delete it immediately. Can't blame a son for being protective of his mom.

I'm sure everyone is like yeah right, but I assure you I'm honest. I've grown up always admiring and showing off all her pictures, stories and memorabilia from her movie days and she has some great things. As I mentioned were working on something that I believe is going to make some of you very exited! Keep in mind she was the assistant make-up artist for the entire film as well. Big deal for sure... hint hint...

Thanks,
Aaron

ProfessorChaos
29-Oct-2012, 11:15 PM
http://ekiert.net/assets/ekiert/img/say_hi_to_your_mother_for_me.png

sorry, had to do that. here's where that came from, in case you're wondering:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3Ul5ag1unCg

thanks for the update, looking forward to your big announcement. welcome to the boards, by the way....are you a fan of any romero films, by chance? or the walking dead?

JeanieJefferies
30-Oct-2012, 06:20 AM
http://i132.photobucket.com/albums/q10/dragonsbrew717/oh-you-spend-time-making-funny-meme-i-blame-your-mother.jpg

Lol

Yeah my house has been watching the walking dead since the beginning, Love it!
I wish Hershel could teach me his Konami code for unlimited ammo in case a swarm ever takes my farmhouse!! Guy can lay down some spray.
Just sayin'.

I've told my mom to start watching it as well but doubt she has yet.

As for any Romero films, Man I grew up with them. I have always been extremely Biased towards Dawn however for obvious reasons. I grew up in the whole scene in my early years.

I remember watching many splatter fests as a kid but it was so normal because I had seen behind the scenes my whole (young) life. My mom made sure I was never too scared because she would let me know how the effects were done and remind me they were real people or really neat effects. It added a new dimension to the entertainment.

I remember going to conventions with my mom, I couldnt have been older than 7 or 8, and seeing all these "monsters" in real life but then meeting the REAL people behind them. My biggest memory was meeting Freddy Kruger (Robert Englund) out of make-up at a show, and him letting me try on the glove they had on display! Man I was on top of the world! I was like 8! I swear I wanted to be Freddy for like 3 Halloweens after that.

And just goes to show ya' .. The whole "Violence on TV" "Violent Games thing" A bunch of crap!
I turned out fine.
All it takes is good parenting keeping kids aware of the dividing line.

JeanieJefferies
30-Oct-2012, 09:16 PM
I posted a lengthy reply last night but It said "Must be approved by moderator" Is that normal?

ProfessorChaos
30-Oct-2012, 10:01 PM
i've never seen that message....did you try more than once to post it? or just once?

JeanieJefferies
30-Oct-2012, 11:04 PM
i've never seen that message....did you try more than once to post it? or just once?

I timed out writing it at one point and had to log back in... Guess the gremlins got it, it WAS after midnight.

But I see they fixed it.
Thanks guys, your quick.

ProfessorChaos
30-Oct-2012, 11:39 PM
awesome, aaron. sounds like you had a pretty awesome childhood and a hip mother. feel free to jump into the other threads and chime in on the new episodes of the walking dead, other films, video games, etc.

zombiebub
31-Oct-2012, 05:46 AM
Hey Aaron! Fans of DAWN would love to meet your mom and get her autograph. I know of 2 people who represent celebs at these conventions that already handle DAWN actors and I'm sure that they would love to represent her. Their names on this board are (thxleo) or Lee Karr on Facebook and (dubiouscomforts) or Jim Cirronella AKA Zero-Day Releasing on Facebook. I also attend many cons as a vendor and would love to get her autograph since I am a huge DAWN fan! They are nice guys and will gladly take care of all her arrangements to attend many different conventions. They may even see this post and get back to you pretty soon with details! Later bro!

JeanieJefferies
31-Oct-2012, 04:00 PM
Hey Aaron! Fans of DAWN would love to meet your mom and get her autograph. I know of 2 people who represent celebs at these conventions that already handle DAWN actors and I'm sure that they would love to represent her. Their names on this board are (thxleo) or Lee Karr on Facebook and (dubiouscomforts) or Jim Cirronella AKA Zero-Day Releasing on Facebook. I also attend many cons as a vendor and would love to get her autograph since I am a huge DAWN fan! They are nice guys and will gladly take care of all her arrangements to attend many different conventions. They may even see this post and get back to you pretty soon with details! Later bro!

Perfect!!

Thanks for the point in the right direction. Thats exactly what were hoping to accomplish by networking on forums like this.
I'm gonna send you a PM with a question I have but thank you for the heads up.

Time to get the ball rollin!

EDIT: Tried to send a PM zombiebub but again seems to not go through... Not having much luck on this forum.. If you get 3 in a row somehow its only because I kept re-trying. If you dont get anything maybe send me one and we'll see if reply works.

thxleo
31-Oct-2012, 09:25 PM

I've already spoke to Jeanie about this. She was very nice, but declined my offer. She mentioned that she would be working with a fellow zombie extra from DAWN, who she has known for many years. So I assume that she might be doing shows with this person in the near future? We'll see. Either way, I certainly hope she gets out on the convention circuit soon!

JeanieJefferies
01-Nov-2012, 01:23 AM
I've already spoke to Jeanie about this. She was very nice, but declined my offer. She mentioned that she would be working with a fellow zombie extra from DAWN, who she has known for many years. So I assume that she might be doing shows with this person in the near future? We'll see. Either way, I certainly hope she gets out on the convention circuit soon!

She told me about that, I never put it together that you were the same person zombiebub mentioned, I sent you a PM about it. I really wouldn't count anything out as everything is so all-of-the-sudden. The important thing is her simply getting involved again.
Believe me if everything was locked down and ready to go, I wouldnt be jumping online trying to network for her. The more help the better lol.

zombiebub
04-Nov-2012, 04:42 PM
I got your messages Aaron! I sent a reply! I see that Lee also has responded to you! I hope it all works out! Later bro!

Doc Foster
17-Nov-2012, 04:23 PM
And just goes to show ya' .. The whole "Violence on TV" "Violent Games thing" A bunch of crap!
I turned out fine.
All it takes is good parenting keeping kids aware of the dividing line.

I wholeheartedly agree, Aaron (a pleasure to have you in this forum BTW). As a matter of fact, I first watched your mom attacking Roger in the truck and eventually "getting her face blown off" at the tender age of 10. She's an icon. Please give my regards to her.

JonOfTheShred
18-Nov-2012, 10:30 PM

One of the funniest oxymorons of internet use:

- Make thread, people tell you to use search function.
- Use search function to find thread, people yell at you for bumping old topics.

It happens on every forum, every day. (And yes, I know you're joking, but I'm just mentioning that anyway because I always found it hilarious.)

JeanieJefferies
19-Nov-2012, 06:56 PM
I wholeheartedly agree, Aaron (a pleasure to have you in this forum BTW). As a matter of fact, I first watched your mom attacking Roger in the truck and eventually "getting her face blown off" at the tender age of 10. She's an icon. Please give my regards to her.

Regards given.

Lol yeah, I still yell at the tv every time I see that. Something along the lines of:
"Mother fu**er you better not shoot my mom!!" and then he DOES and I always promise to kick his ass for it. haha.

Just for the record, Ken Foree, if you ever read this, we've got beef man. Just sayin. lol

But seriously it is always soo cool to hear people still talking about that movie. I know my mom is loving it too. She's been so happy lately with the thought of being recognized. She's gonna have fun with it I know.

D-Day
26-Nov-2012, 03:22 PM
This is Aaron, Jeanies son. Just a heads up I started my own profile so I dont have to post under my moms name. I'm giving my mom the jeaniejefferies this afternoon.

AcesandEights
26-Nov-2012, 04:14 PM
This is Aaron, Jeanies son. Just a heads up I started my own profile so I dont have to post under my moms name. I'm giving my mom the jeaniejefferies this afternoon.

Noted! Thanks for the heads up.

Also, great to hear from you both :)

jscott
20-Apr-2013, 11:10 AM
For those who may have missed it, Jeanie was interviewed back in December by axlish and I.

http://profondo-cinema.blogspot.com/2012/12/episode-133-jeanie-jefferies-interviews.html

Also, we were fortunate enough to sit down with Mike Gornick for a long conversation.

http://profondo-cinema.blogspot.com/2013/03/episode-139-mike-gornck-interview.html

Profondo Cinema is planning on more Romero-related interviews in the future. Hopefully some of you will enjoy them.

Neil
20-Apr-2013, 04:19 PM
Jeanie then

http://jeaniejefferies.com/graphics/j2.jpg

Jeanie now?

http://www.jeanniejeffries.com/data/pages/022410203903_1my_picture.jpg

Trancelikestate
20-Apr-2013, 08:37 PM
Neil, I don't get it. o_O When we were at Horror Realm a few weeks ago Jeanie fell in love with my wife (maybe it was her hair?) And wanted her to be in a movie. She said, "I used to be a casting director and let me tell you, you need to be in this movie. The director will be here later, I'll introduce you." A short time later Joe Shelby showed up and Jeanie introduced them. They exchanged info and stuff but nothing has happened yet. Maybe she'll be in Joe's movie? I don't know any details about it yet but I'm sure I'll let you know if she is. ;) Anyways it was nice to meet you Jeanie, and don't worry, I'll always take care of Nicole. :p

D-Day
05-May-2013, 12:07 AM
Neil, Thats the wrong Jeanie Jefferies.

My mom only has one N in her name. Even though for the past 30 years or so it has been spelled incorrectly with two.
Oddly when we went to create my moms website http://jeaniejefferies.com we found the Jeannie jefferies you have the picture of had been presenting her makeup artist site with 2 n's also. Coincidence, I think not. Her name only has one but her website has two, if you seach "Jeannie Jefferies makeup artist" you get her. She had actually been using my moms history as an advantage for her site.

D-Day
05-May-2013, 12:27 AM
It's more like this :p

Jeanie then.
http://i132.photobucket.com/albums/q10/dragonsbrew717/j2_zps15d39924.jpg (http://s132.photobucket.com/user/dragonsbrew717/media/j2_zps15d39924.jpg.html)

Jeanie now.
http://i132.photobucket.com/albums/q10/dragonsbrew717/579082_537769409608304_332896485_n_zps677b629a.jpg (http://s132.photobucket.com/user/dragonsbrew717/media/579082_537769409608304_332896485_n_zps677b629a.jpg .html)