PDA

View Full Version : So has everyone tried the sacrifice yet?

Danny
22-Oct-2010, 03:38 PM
Honestly i am kinda disappointed.

why?

It's far shorter than the passing.
opens strong, ends weak with the ai not giving a shit about the sacrifice a player makes even though they give big talks during quiet points in game at other times.
ammo everywhere, very few melee weapons though.
They added explosive barells. and its not a good thing.
-and chargers and charge through them and become a flaming charger that leaves fire along there path.....yeah.
massive slowdown at multiple points.
far too many horde attacks and specials at the same time that dont increases difficulty and only seem to serve to lengthen the time of this incredibly short dlc, one we will no doubt find easier and shorter on later attempts.

For my first run i took 45 minutes dead on, my first at the passing was an hour and a half, and it was better. more varied. it had the wedding, the sewers, the neon lit town, and a much better scavenge than the one in dead center.

All this is is two short maps followed by nothing but hordes and tanks for the finale and for the ...13th? campaign its old and tired and aside from one moment of note when you climb a hill of silt to gain entry to a shipping vessel theres nothing memorable about this. it feels like a mode, i would rank this not only the worst campaign but the worst dlc. its nice to get no mercy on my l4d2 disk but is it worth it alone? not really and the price of the dlc doesnt really seem worth it at all when you can get something like alan wakes the signal for the exact same price. this has none of the heart and soul that makes left 4 dead great, its a rushed mod, nothing more.

AcesandEights
22-Oct-2010, 03:44 PM
I tried it...on a dedicated sever 1st weekend...

I told them not to do dedicated servers, but would they listen?

We got booted during the finale :(

Anyway, been to busy finishing off FO3 since then and now that I have FOV, who knows when I'll get back to it.

That said, I rather liked what I saw of the Sacrifice, tbh.

Tricky
22-Oct-2010, 04:01 PM
I quite liked it on the whole, but I guess if I'd had to pay for it I would have been disappointed!

Eyebiter
23-Oct-2010, 12:38 PM
Was doing fine on the level, got all three generators started. Even managed to dispatch a group of three tanks and get everyone but Francis on the bridge. Being low on ammo we were toast then when four more tanks appeared.