PDA

View Full Version : Great Movie Mistakes...

Neil
23-Oct-2010, 06:27 PM
This is quite good fun :)

http://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/episode/b00smg58/Great_Movie_Mistakes_Cutdowns_Episode_4/

Also note: @1:40 during the Hulk, the girl who in one angle has her mobile to her ear, and then doesn't...

Mike70
23-Oct-2010, 06:35 PM
This is quite good fun :)

http://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/episode/b00smg58/Great_Movie_Mistakes_Cutdowns_Episode_4/

Also note: @1:40 during the Hulk, the girl who in one angle has her mobile to her ear, and then doesn't...

the end of the john wayne movie "the green berets" the sun is setting over the pacific ocean...as seen from vietnam. alrighty then.

then there is the remake of house on haunted hill. the sun is rising over the pacific. i've been to california a zillion times and well, even when i've been tripping, i've never seen the sun rise in the west.

SymphonicX
25-Oct-2010, 10:33 AM
Someone explain how John Connor aged 11 years between 1984 and 1991?

Tricky
25-Oct-2010, 11:20 AM
Someone explain how John Connor aged 11 years between 1984 and 1991?

I always wondered that myself, huge hole in the plot that!

SymphonicX
25-Oct-2010, 11:44 AM
I think the way fans get around it is by not talking about the year that T2 is set in - it's pretty nondescript on that front - but you gotta assume it's present day like the first one I guess...

Tricky
25-Oct-2010, 12:03 PM
I think the way fans get around it is by not talking about the year that T2 is set in - it's pretty nondescript on that front - but you gotta assume it's present day like the first one I guess...

Yeah, considering John Connor is playing on an "Afterburner" arcade machine, its hard to hide the plot hole!

ProfessorChaos
25-Oct-2010, 12:08 PM
the way i get around that whole john connor's age thing is ignoring every film after the first one.:cool::cool:

however, is there anything in the first that definitely dates it as 1984? and who's to say that they didn't have an old game cabinet in the arcade in T2?

Tricky
25-Oct-2010, 12:14 PM
the way i get around that whole john connor's age thing is ignoring every film after the first one.:cool::cool:

however, is there anything in the first that definitely dates it as 1984? and who's to say that they didn't have an old game cabinet in the arcade in T2?

Im pretty sure it states in the first one that its '84, and theres no escaping the historical giveaways of bubble perms & tie dye T-shirts :p

ProfessorChaos
25-Oct-2010, 12:16 PM
well, maybe everyone was behind on fashion trends in all the areas the story takes place in....or, like i said, you could just disregard every movie after the first since none even compare to how great that one was.:p

SymphonicX
25-Oct-2010, 01:41 PM
well, maybe everyone was behind on fashion trends in all the areas the story takes place in....or, like i said, you could just disregard every movie after the first since none even compare to how great that one was.:p

I think we've solved the issue :)

bassman
25-Oct-2010, 01:51 PM
Can't see the video, but this is one I noticed this past weekend while watching Back to the Future in theater...

http://www.moviemistakes.com/images/mistakegrabs/9620.jpg

Another that springs to mind is in Batman Forever. When The Riddler and Two Face are entering Wayne Manor, they knock Alfred out at the door. He falls out, hits the floor, then uses his hand to push the food tray out of the way of the door. That one's always made me chuckle...

ProfessorChaos
25-Oct-2010, 02:04 PM
alfred's just that good of a servant, he can do that sort of shit in his sleep.

darth los
25-Oct-2010, 03:32 PM
I was going to make a thread about this next one actually:

In the project apartment where wooley goes "apeshit" He comes down a flight of stairs kicks the door down to his immediate left as he reaches the landing and blows a man's head clean off. ( the same that was supposed to be fran's in the alternate, original ending)

However, As roger is trying to subdue him, he discards him and kicks a door down at the end of a hallway. Peter blows him away in the doorway but there's a funny thing. The headless corpse (wearing the same shirt) is in the room where wooley get's shot, along with the ensuing chaos. But he supposedly got shot 3 doors down (great band by the way) didn't he?

Furthermore, rewind back to th blowing off off the head. You'll notice a lamp and a picture in the backround if you freeze it. As soon as he shoots his head off a woman screams bloody murder. But another funny thing. She's in the same shot and backround with the lamp and picture.

Just noticed that this passed weekend.

:cool:

bassman
25-Oct-2010, 03:48 PM
Furthermore, rewind back to th blowing off off the head. You'll notice a lamp and a picture in the backround if you freeze it. As soon as he shoots his head off a woman screams bloody murder. But another funny thing. She's in the same shot and backround with the lamp and picture.

Never noticed that, either. Makes sense though. Surely they couldn't have the extra in the shot where they were using a real shotgun?

Savini: "Just....DONT MOVE, okay? Trust me." :lol:

ProfessorChaos
25-Oct-2010, 04:34 PM
i realize that it was the 60's/70's when romero and his crew made night and dawn and they were probably all stoned to the bone quite a bit, but jesus, whoever was assigned to the task of "continuity" sure was fucking up big-time.

dawn of the dead probably has more bloopers/on-camera goofs/mistakes than any film in history.

darth los
25-Oct-2010, 04:45 PM
Never noticed that, either. Makes sense though. Surely they couldn't have the extra in the shot where they were using a real shotgun?

Savini: "Just....DONT MOVE, okay? Trust me." :lol:

Yes, you're next ma'am.

I'm almost done here.

http://iconsoffright.com/news/tom-savini-friday-the13th.jpg

:cool: