PDA

View Full Version : Blackout in a Can

Mr. Clean
27-Oct-2010, 01:24 AM
http://www.cnn.com/2010/US/10/25/washington.students.overdose/index.html?npt=NP1

1 can of this stuff equals 6 beers? LOL The nickname spells it out for you. :lol:

What gets me though is they want to ban it. Seriously? Other people shit their pants and now I have to wear a diaper? It's no surprise that College is a binge drinking fest for most students. :duh:
I say :fin:

bassman
27-Oct-2010, 01:37 AM
They want to ban it because it's fruit flavored? Ummm....I could make a laundry list of pussy liquors and drinks given fruit flavoring. You gonna ban all those too? :rolleyes:

Not that I would drink something like this regularly, but now i'm curious to try one...

Mike70
27-Oct-2010, 01:48 AM
http://www.cnn.com/2010/US/10/25/washington.students.overdose/index.html?npt=NP1

1 can of this stuff equals 6 beers? LOL The nickname spells it out for you. :lol:

What gets me though is they want to ban it. Seriously? Other people shit their pants and now I have to wear a diaper? It's no surprise that College is a binge drinking fest for most students. :duh:
I say :fin:

wow, that shit sounds revolting. caffinated malt liquor, seriously??

it tickles me to no end how the first urge of some folks, possessed of extremely small minds, is to ban things.

because banning something always makes it go away, right?:duh:

JDFP
27-Oct-2010, 01:53 AM
The only three beers worth drinkin' in this land are the almighty Milwaukee's Best, Pabst Blue Ribbon (hell, you can't go wrong with a beer that won the BLUE RIBBON!), and Budweiser. None of that sissy "lite" shit for me... no sissy drinks for me either. I like my beer straight up and real.

Now someone throw in some Merle Haggard or some Waylon Jennings and I'm in heaven.

That's all.

j.p.

clanglee
27-Oct-2010, 01:55 AM
No, they want to ban it because it is an alcoholic energy drink
"Being able to feel the effects of tiredness, loss of coordination and even passing out or vomiting are the body's defenses against consuming doses of alcohol that will kill you," professor Ken Briggs said.

"Regardless, once the blood alcohol level reaches a certain level, you can drop like a box of rocks."

Not saying I agree with that reasoning, since we often drink coffe to sober up after a drunk. . . .but I highly doubt they would ban it because it's fruity.

Mr. Clean
27-Oct-2010, 02:04 AM
The only three beers worth drinkin' in this land are the almighty Milwaukee's Best, Pabst Blue Ribbon (hell, you can't go wrong with a beer that won the BLUE RIBBON!), and Budweiser. None of that sissy "lite" shit for me... no sissy drinks for me either. I like my beer straight up and real.

Now someone throw in some Merle Haggard or some Waylon Jennings and I'm in heaven.

That's all.

j.p.

A buddy of mine talks all KINDS of shit about me drinking Bud Light and Coors Light and would always talk about better beers and one of his personal favorites....He also brews his own beer and invited me over one day to help him drink his stash so he could start on his new stuff. Well, after this night it ended up making me venture out(I started a group on here posting pics of beer and my opinions) a little. I came to the conclusion that there are alot of better beers out there and that coors light and bud light don't really have much of a flavor in the beer world. My new favorite has to be Samuel Adams Octoberfest but to get back to the point...He said his favorite was Lablatt Blue. I try it and it's no damn different than Coors light. LOL Stupid Asshole :mad:

bassman
27-Oct-2010, 02:05 AM
No, they want to ban it because it is an alcoholic energy drink Not saying I agree with that reasoning, since we often drink coffe to sober up after a drunk. . . .but I highly doubt they would ban it because it's fruity.

The article also says they want to ban it because its fruity flavor masks the taste of the alcohol, so it's marketed to younger drinkers. Or some bullshit like that.

blind2d
27-Oct-2010, 02:05 AM
Ooh, just in time for me to consume! Legally... which is how I perform most actions...
Hey JD, ever try Rolling Rock?

clanglee
27-Oct-2010, 02:17 AM

Just having sex in a canoe right?

JDFP
27-Oct-2010, 02:32 AM
Ooh, just in time for me to consume! Legally... which is how I perform most actions...
Hey JD, ever try Rolling Rock?

Rolling Rock ain't bad beer at all. I prefer my cheap American piss-beer though. The only beer I refuse to drink is Natty Light. And that's because I have standards as a human being.

If I have money (haha, yeah right), my two most favorite "real" beers would be Guinness and Boddingtons.

Normally I just drink to get drunk -- so the three beers I previously mentioned work great for that purpose on a budget.

j.p.

---------- Post added at 10:32 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:31 PM ----------

Just having sex in a canoe right?

Clang,

I'm drunk off my bloody arse right now, but I don't get the reference? Even if I was sober I still may not get it.

To quote the late great Dennis Hopper: "Heinekin? Fuck that shit! Pabst Blue Ribbon!!!"

j.p.

Mr. Clean
27-Oct-2010, 03:02 AM
Rolling Rock ain't bad beer at all. I prefer my cheap American piss-beer though. The only beer I refuse to drink is Natty Light. And that's because I have standards as a human being.

If I have money (haha, yeah right), my two most favorite "real" beers would be Guinness and Boddingtons.

Normally I just drink to get drunk -- so the three beers I previously mentioned work great for that purpose on a budget.

j.p.

---------- Post added at 10:32 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:31 PM ----------

Clang,

I'm drunk off my bloody arse right now, but I don't get the reference? Even if I was sober I still may not get it.

To quote the late great Dennis Hopper: "Heinekin? Fuck that shit! Pabst Blue Ribbon!!!"

j.p.

The moonshine all dried up in Knoxville?

clanglee
27-Oct-2010, 03:05 AM
Clang,

j.p.

Like having sex in a canoe. . . . fucking close to water. ;)

JDFP
27-Oct-2010, 03:10 AM
The moonshine all dried up in Knoxville?

No, the supply I have from Popcorn Sutton before he passed is supposed to be a secret though. What happened between you and Popcorn Sutton isn't supposed to be mentioned.

Let's just say my aunt and uncle have a basement wall dedicated to the memory of Popcorn Sutton and friday nights, if that tells you anthing (grin) -- friday nights which I enjoy to partake.

j.p.

Mr. Clean
27-Oct-2010, 03:15 AM
Like having sex in a canoe. . . . fucking close to water. ;)

That's pretty good. I like it!

MikePizzoff
27-Oct-2010, 04:48 PM
The article also says they want to ban it because its fruity flavor masks the taste of the alcohol, so it's marketed to younger drinkers. Or some bullshit like that.

That's just the media making shit up. The reason it's on the verge of being banned is the same reason Sparks no longer contains ginseng/caffeine/taurine: because mixing extreme amounts of natural uppers with a depressant is bad news for your body - mostly the heart. I've felt on the verge of passing out after chugging a Sparks, back "in the day", because of how fast and erratic it made my heart beat. Four Loko does the same shit to ya, only gets you more drunk in the process.

Also, I don't understand why it's taken years for people to find out about Four Loko? It's getting slightly irritating having a new person (or two) each week asking "You hear of that new drink Four Loko?!?!" (This doesn't apply to anyone in this thread.)

AcesandEights
27-Oct-2010, 04:55 PM
Fuck it, too many annoying young people anyway. Let's make some sports cars out of kindling.

Mr. Clean
18-Mar-2011, 10:13 PM
Well, If it wasn't in the process of being banned yet it will be now.

http://www.foxnews.com/health/2011/03/18/houston-woman-1-year-old-daughter-drunk-loko/

A Houston woman was facing felony child endangerment charges Thursday after police allegedly found her and her 1-year-old baby both drunk on the infamous alcoholic energy drink Four Loko, local media reported.

Kaos
18-Mar-2011, 10:36 PM
j.p.

Can't go wrong with those. :)

p2501
19-Mar-2011, 03:42 AM
Guinness and Boddingtons? Nice, toss in a Laguinitas, and you have yourself the holy trinity of great beers.

As for the Four Loko. i know at somepoint after the news really started hammering on them, they in some way scaled back the intensity on their gruel. CT banned them outright, but a few weeks after the ban, they began to creep back in, in a less PCP friendly variant. All that said, it's pretty much the same effect as Grape Drank, just without having to drive south, or risk being shot.

Yojimbo
20-Mar-2011, 04:19 AM
Guinness and Boddingtons? Nice, toss in a Laguinitas, and you have yourself the holy trinity of great beers.

As for the Four Loko. i know at somepoint after the news really started hammering on them, they in some way scaled back the intensity on their gruel. CT banned them outright, but a few weeks after the ban, they began to creep back in, in a less PCP friendly variant. All that said, it's pretty much the same effect as Grape Drank, just without having to drive south, or risk being shot.

Anyone remember the ban on Clove cigarettes? This will be just as effective.

And I agree that young folks are mega annoying nowdays. Soon I will be shaking my fist and yelling at them to stay off my lawn!

DjfunkmasterG
22-Mar-2011, 01:30 PM
A friend of mines daughter was killed in a car accident by someone who drank four cans of that stuff. Sad thing... she was a passenger, plus the driver hit another vehicle crippling the other driver... the drunk driver walked away from the accident, but she did get charged with Vehicular manslaughter, and was sentenced to 10 years in prison... The driver, a female was aged 18... what pisses me off though is the police know who supplied the booze and has yet to arrest those individuals.

bassman
22-Mar-2011, 01:44 PM
Well, If it wasn't in the process of being banned yet it will be now.

http://www.foxnews.com/health/2011/03/18/houston-woman-1-year-old-daughter-drunk-loko/

$2,000 bond?!? That's all she gets for allowing her children to get drunk and roam the parking lot? People caught with less than an ounce of pot have a higher bond than that!

Hopefully they find the kids a good home...

Mr. Clean
22-Mar-2011, 03:06 PM
$2,000 bond?!? That's all she gets for allowing her children to get drunk and roam the parking lot? People caught with less than an ounce of pot have a higher bond than that!

Hopefully they find the kids a good home...

The Justice System is majorly screwed up. We do get a few victories here and there but not hardly enough.

MinionZombie
22-Mar-2011, 03:27 PM

I take it America has never had the "Alcopops" fad? We had/have that in the UK, and it does make drinking incredibly easy - it's like very sugary and sweet tasting drinks that taste more like Fanta than Vodka, but they are very much alcoholic. Now, as a teenager alcohol tasted rank to me, but alcopops made drinking much easier ... now, I didn't abuse that, but many have and inevitably such drinks did and do get into the hands of underage drinkers - some of whom are decidedly under 10.

Also, do you guys in America have Vodka & Red Bull? That's a popular drink (or used to be at least) here in the UK. Again it makes it incredibly easy to drink, but you also get a full on Red Bull rush to go along with it.

Now - banning these drinks? I wouldn't be in favour of that, but they have to be sold in a responsible fashion ... but there's always going to be a certain section of society who are just going to spoil the party for everyone else and get shit-faced-drunk to the point where their jeans transform into a toilet and their shoes resemble the contents of their stomach ... tossers.

AcesandEights
22-Mar-2011, 03:37 PM
Also, do you guys in America have Vodka & Red Bull? That's a popular drink (or used to be at least) here in the UK. Again it makes it incredibly easy to drink, but you also get a full on Red Bull rush to go along with it.
Yes, we do--I assume you mean is it ordered as a mixed drink, not pre-mixed for sale in a can or bottle. Though the first time I ever heard someone order it and tried it myself was in Galway in...probably 2003.

bassman
22-Mar-2011, 03:42 PM

I've heard of it with vodka, but in my particular area it's more popular with Jagermeister. Jagerbombs they were called. Very popular at college parties.

Although I did drink a few of them here and there, I thought it was kinda nasty. Just the thought of Jager by itself is enough to make me gag. I'll have a shot or two of it if it's offered, but I really don't like it. It's like instant heartburn in a bottle. Not to mention a bit of a pussy drink. :elol:

AcesandEights
22-Mar-2011, 03:54 PM
Just the thought of Jager by itself is enough to make me gag. I'll have a shot or two of it if it's offered, but I really don't like it. It's like instant heartburn in a bottle.

I agree with that much. Though I have no right to call it a pussy drink, with some of the soft stuff I occassionally drink.

krakenslayer
23-Mar-2011, 02:38 PM
Scotland has a huge cultural and criminal problem with a "fortified tonic wine" called Buckfast. Wine is a misleading name - yes, it's made from grapes but it's not like any wine you've ever had: it's a thick, dark, sweet, almost syrup-like liquid that is high in caffeine. Because of it's sweet flavour, high alcohol content and low price, it is popular amongst "street drinkers" (i.e. 12-18 year old thugs and the homeless), and the drink's high caffeine content is said by law enforcement to be the primary cause for the high violent crime rate in certain towns. Just think about that for a second: that one drink could responsible for more than half of all street violence. Mindblowing. Also, it comes in heavy glass bottles that are the right weight and shape to make an excellent impromptu club and/or stabbing weapon.

The issue is that while high levels of alcohol reduce the drinkers inhibitions, they normally also reduce, to some degree, your ability to act on your disinhibited violent urges by causing fatigue, tiredness, lack of co-ordination and that generally nice relaxed feeling that a few beers will normally induce. But add caffeine to your blood alcohol and it cancels out some of these fortunate effects and throws a twitchy, uppity coffee buzz into the mix. So your inhibitions and sense of reality are reduced, minus the inhibiting sense of relaxation, plus a super burst of chemically-induced energy - basically it makes you feel like a paranoiac super hero who can do anything, including taking on six police officers with a broken bottle. Fuckin' deadly, stuff.

Oh, and it's made by monks: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Buckfast_Abbey

Tom Price
24-Mar-2011, 01:37 AM
<ned>Lambrini my son,..Lambrini</ned>

AcesandEights
24-Mar-2011, 02:19 AM
Fuckin' deadly, stuff.

Oh, and it's made by monks: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Buckfast_Abbey

Jeez, and no doubt it's all done for a quick...buck :D