PDA

View Full Version : HPotD i thank thee......

DEAD BEAT
27-Oct-2010, 07:50 PM
So i was @ walmart yesterday and im said to report that i saw "Survival of the Dead" for sale. (think i'll wait till its on tv 4 free)

Sad part is in the history of my life as a GAR fan....i actually didn't buy it, nor did i care to.
Even sadder is that i quickly forgot about it right after, so instead quickly bought a double pack of 28 Days Later & 28 Weeks Later.....and that had me smitin' big time!

Went home curled up with some Dutch beer and watch them back 2 back! ;)

Anyway point is i actually owe a vote of thanx 2 the great people on this site for my actions, guess we are human after all! lmao

Sorry to the godfather of the genre...but i believe his reign has come to a sad slow death of an end!

I also think that this weekends debut of "The Walking Dead" is gonna be the final nail in the coffin!:(

bassman
27-Oct-2010, 07:52 PM
you should still form your own opinion dude. Having said that....you probably made the wiser purchase. :D

ProfessorChaos
27-Oct-2010, 08:34 PM
it's worth watching (or attempting to watch, as was the case with me before i turned it off in disgust) to see what all the fuss is about....however, whatever you do, don't waste any $$$ doing so, find a friend or somebody else who was naive or fan-boyish enough to buy it....i'd be willing to bet there's somebody on this site that would probably be willing to jettison their copy.

and bassman, i thing you're correct about the "wiser purchase". in fact, spending that $$$ on anything aside from the survival dvd would be a wiser purchase, even if it was a box of tampons, fake vomit, dog treats, hemorrhoid cream, canned beets, etc.

DEAD BEAT
27-Oct-2010, 09:14 PM
you should still form your own opinion dude. Having said that....you probably made the wiser purchase. :D

well if there's one thing i've noticed is most people on here feel how i dont on almost every movie! lol

im 100% sure im gonna wind up using it as a coaster (the box) or toilet paper (the paper sleeve)!

---------- Post added at 02:14 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:13 PM ----------

it's worth watching (or attempting to watch, as was the case with me before i turned it off in disgust) to see what all the fuss is about....however, whatever you do, don't waste any $$$ doing so, find a friend or somebody else who was naive or fan-boyish enough to buy it....i'd be willing to bet there's somebody on this site that would probably be willing to jettison their copy.

and bassman, i thing you're correct about the "wiser purchase". in fact, spending that $$$ on anything aside from the survival dvd would be a wiser purchase, even if it was a box of tampons, fake vomit, dog treats, hemorrhoid cream, canned beets, etc.

my plans exactly dude! oh btw forgot to tell you guys the best part, i had got that double pack for $9 freakin' dollars! "score"

MoonSylver
27-Oct-2010, 10:24 PM
Meh...I don't regret the money I spent on it, regardless of the fact I was dissapointed with it. It's the worst I've seen from GEORGE, but I have seen WORSE (Oh have I seen worse...)

I've watched it a few times since I bought it, & I can see watching it occasionally when in the right mood, so I still call it money well spent.

JDFP
27-Oct-2010, 11:18 PM
I have it on blu-ray, but it's not for the film but the very good documentary of the making of it.

Sad thing is, the documentary on the making of it is far superior to the end result of the film itself.

j.p.

blind2d
28-Oct-2010, 02:40 AM
I hate the menu option on the DVD. It's like, what's the point of two different backgrounds? But yeah, definitely one of his worst films... watchable, but... yeah, a disappointment to me. Oh well, at least his little intro is funny!

ProfessorChaos
28-Oct-2010, 04:51 AM
yeah, funny like a fucking car crash.

and i'd say it's his worst film. period.

DEAD BEAT
28-Oct-2010, 03:51 PM
As i said there had been many low budget zombie flicks that i've ignored and didn't give a hoot...never thought it would happen with a GAR movie.

"MAN, ARE WE THE ONLY PEOPLE ON THE FREAKIN' PLANET THAT CAN SEE WHAT GAR IS DOING WRONG"!

Sad to say but the kids he inspired have taking over the genre...and i doubt by choice!