PDA

View Full Version : Building a Zombie Survival Squad

Neil
28-Oct-2010, 08:07 AM
A light hearted look at building the ultimate zombie survival squad...

http://www.cinemablend.com/new/Death-To-The-Undead-Building-The-All-Star-Zombie-Surival-Squad-21439.html

EDukes
28-Oct-2010, 10:10 AM
They forgot the expendable. Someone has to be willing to sacrifice them self as an act of redemption to ensure that the team survives.

Neil
28-Oct-2010, 10:38 AM
They forgot the expendable. Someone has to be willing to sacrifice them self as an act of redemption to ensure that the team survives.

Bill from L4D?

AcesandEights
28-Oct-2010, 02:29 PM
Bill from L4D?

I'd rather take this Billy:

http://www.joblo.com/images_arrownews/TTPredBilly.jpg

^ This moutherfucker knows how to go out against long odds.

Wyldwraith
28-Oct-2010, 04:39 PM
Nah,
Your Expendable can't also be a solid all-the-time fighter, or when the time comes there may be disputes about who holds the line. This is why CJ worked so well in the Dawn '04 endgame scenario. The guy was a prick, but generally had his head on straight. Your Expendable needs to be someone who can accomplish the Heroic Self-Sacrifice task-set, but also someone the group won't be all broken up inside over the loss of. ;)

Amusing article. I liked a lot of the choices, but I have to say NAY to Ben for Leader. Bottom line, Ben lead him team to total obliteration and got fatally shot in the process. Instead, I offer as substitute Ken Foree (Peter, from original Dawn.) Or if you like your alpha-male leader-types bigger/more imposing, Ving Rhames/Kenneth from Dawn '04. Both have police experience and are cool in a tight spot, and level-headedly pragmatic about getting done what needs doing. Both of these gentlemen lead at least a fragment of their group to safety/freedom, and the casualties/bad situations caused by human error were done without their knowledge or even against their orders.

If you'd like a different Badass than Ash (can't see why anyone would, but still) there's always Andy from Dawn '04.

Yea I know, got all serious about a funny article. I'm such a buzz-kill.

ProfessorChaos
28-Oct-2010, 04:52 PM
i'd have to say that in regards to your post, wraith, that i'd agree about peter being a better choice for leader. especially over ving rhames' asshole character from dawn04. motherfucker wasn't a team player what-so-ever.

oh, and drop that alice chick from those shitty RE movies. SHE is the reason the video game series has gone to to shit.

EDukes
28-Oct-2010, 08:29 PM
i'd have to say that in regards to your post, wraith, that i'd agree about peter being a better choice for leader. especially over ving rhames' asshole character from dawn04. motherfucker wasn't a team player what-so-ever.

oh, and drop that alice chick from those shitty RE movies. SHE is the reason the video game series has gone to to shit.

I would of rather had Jill from RE2 (chick in the blue shirt, incase I got the name wrong) as the veteran. She didn't need genetic modifications to kick ass and take names.

ProfessorChaos
28-Oct-2010, 08:31 PM
or better yet, the jill from the games and just ignore those fucking silly movies.

Wyldwraith
29-Oct-2010, 01:15 AM
::sighs::
Come on guys,
Alice is one of the few linchpins that have held the RE movie franchise together. Yes, some of the plot devices and the new Afterlife movie are meh, but overall Alice has been a help rather than a hindrance to the movie franchise. If she's screwing up video games, then BLAME THE DAMNED GAME DEVELOPERS. God knows the movies feel no need to follow the games and vice versa, except when it suits them.

I'm gonna have to stand firm in defense of Alice in RE 1-3. Like the rest of the movie she was forgettable in Afterlife (although at least the movie's end-combat-sequence provides a rationale for giving her back her T-Virus abilities that Wesker negated at the beginning of the movie. Ie: Wesker stabbed her with a knife covered in his T-Virus-infested blood. Since we know T-Virus + Alice Blood = Super Alice...

blind2d
29-Oct-2010, 01:44 AM
I'd follow Peter ("Peter? Peter?! I'm here, man") anywhere but the shower. That dude's total kick-ass, and cool as they come.
2D: Did someone say T-Virus? *rummages through closet* ...it's gone... my shirt...

ProfessorChaos
29-Oct-2010, 01:50 AM
what about the bathroom, blind? you know after the zombie plague was fixed, he became a trucker and had a thing for mexican food, right?
http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_kRuD6zV4Fqs/S4XGW35WsMI/AAAAAAAACRg/Xg6JsCipJlA/s400/ken+foree+halloween.gif

blind2d
29-Oct-2010, 01:54 AM
Forgive my naivete, but no, I know not to what you refer... or reefer... nah, I kid... to IMDB!!!

ProfessorChaos
29-Oct-2010, 02:12 AM
he plays a trucker in RZ's halloween who michael myers kills to get his overalls:
-ZAvv_V31iE

blind2d
29-Oct-2010, 03:32 AM
My brain... she is slightly larger! I thank you the prof, for your kind submission to my mental databank. Now I must see this film in its entirety... regardless of its mixed reviews.

EDukes
29-Oct-2010, 05:03 AM
My brain... she is slightly larger! I thank you the prof, for your kind submission to my mental databank. Now I must see this film in its entirety... regardless of its mixed reviews.

As your Lawyer I must advise you against the action of viewing that film.

blind2d
29-Oct-2010, 05:46 AM
Well, okay, I trust my lawyer...