PDA

View Full Version : More on a "Top Gun" sequel...

Neil
28-Oct-2010, 01:09 PM
Question seems to be will Maverick be the main character or not...

http://www.aintitcool.com/node/47235

bassman
28-Oct-2010, 01:12 PM
I would have my ass in the theater on day one. How can anyone not like Top Gun?

Hopefully they don't bring Kelly McGillis back. She has not aged well.....

Tricky
28-Oct-2010, 01:43 PM
Surely Maverick wont be a main character, he'd have been pensioned off as a fighter pilot by now! I think they should make it about the helicopter gunship pilots in Afghanistan over the past 7 years, there must be hundreds of stories waiting to be told on the things those guys have done, lets face it there has been no jet dogfights in the past 20 years outside of training!

Neil
28-Oct-2010, 01:48 PM
Surely Maverick wont be a main character, he'd have been pensioned off as a fighter pilot by now! I think they should make it about the helicopter gunship pilots in Afghanistan over the past 7 years, there must be hundreds of stories waiting to be told on the things those guys have done, lets face it there has been no jet dogfights in the past 20 years outside of training!I thought the story would have him as a trainer... And there's no reason why that means he couldn't be the lead?

But somehow, having him as a supporting actor in the film would seem to offer more story line?

bassman
28-Oct-2010, 01:51 PM
If Maverick does factor into the story of the sequel, I imagine he will be a teacher or one of the head hancho guys like Tom Skerritt and Michael Ironside in the first film.

I had heard about this sequel before and I seem to remember Tony Scott mentioning that he's interested in the technology of making unmanned flights possible. So a bunch of guys sitting at a monitor using controls? Doesn't seem very exciting...

JDFP
28-Oct-2010, 02:01 PM
The only important question that must be asked is:

Will Tom Skerritt be in it or not?

That will determine if I have any interest in seeing it or not as I could care less about any of the rest of the people in it.

Although, I am interested in which contemporary "rock" band will re-make "Highway to the Danger Zone" for a crappy re-make (Nickelback perhaps?).

j.p.

AcesandEights
28-Oct-2010, 02:03 PM
Cool, the big screen hasn't seen quality homoerotica since 300.

bassman
28-Oct-2010, 02:09 PM

:lol:

The volleyball scene IS pretty homoerotic. Except for poor goose. You've got the other three guys all greased up, showing off their defined muscular structures.....and goose wearing a t-shirt like "awww, man...". Goose really gets fucked over as a character....

Not directly related, but this talk of Top Gun reminded me of this little gem...

vnF6i0b9Ux8?fs=1&hl=en_US

rongravy
28-Oct-2010, 02:16 PM
Although, I am interested in which contemporary "rock" band will re-make "Highway to the Danger Zone" for a crappy re-make (Nickelback perhaps?).

Ehhhh, you gotta bring Kenny Loggins back for one more annoying ass song. Or have some new group do a screamo version.

Never seen it. I'd say it sucked, but that would mean I'd have to watch it first. I'm gonna go with my gut feeling on this one and just stick with saying I've never seen and probably won't.
Not unless it is showing on Salma Hayek's ass, and then MAYBE.

bassman
28-Oct-2010, 02:27 PM
Never seen it. I'd say it sucked, but that would mean I'd have to watch it first. I'm gonna go with my gut feeling on this one and just stick with saying I've never seen and probably won't.
Not unless it is showing on Salma Hayek's ass, and then MAYBE.

You just haven't felt the need. The need for speed. :cool:

Either that or you're just a really negative person to be judging things without any basis for comparison.:p

And Kenny Loggins has written some classic soundtracks.

AcesandEights
28-Oct-2010, 02:39 PM
You just haven't felt the need. The need for speed. :cool:

Either that or you're just a really negative person to be judging things without any basis for comparison.:p

And Kenny Loggins has written some classic soundtracks.

To be honest, I think the classic Top Gun (as beautifully cheesy, as it is) might be a hard sell on a lot of adults who don't have fond memories attached to seeing it as a child.

bassman
28-Oct-2010, 02:50 PM
To be honest, I think the classic Top Gun (as beautifully cheesy, as it is) might be a hard sell on a lot of adults who don't have fond memories attached to seeing it as a child.

Yeah, I figured that. Just busting his balls.

Although i've never met a man that didn't like Top Gun. It's like Die Hard. It's in our genes. :lol:

rongravy
28-Oct-2010, 03:00 PM

agreed on that. I'd be more open to a Porky's sequel to be honest. I will give this a chance due to Bassman's over generalization of my movie viewing (lack) of prowess. I think if he gave me a chitchat, he'd find I'm of a like mind, with a few differences. to me, top gun is like watching NASCAR, troo, i'm not interested in it, but if the story is the bomb, then I'm in for the duration. I will seee this and give it an honest opinion. I will say that before I see it, I will find it VERY basic. I gave like a 30 minute reply b4 that was much more intelligent but somehow it got lost. Personally STAR WARS gave a jumping off point that Top Gun could never hope to achieve... Review coming soon.

Mike70
28-Oct-2010, 03:11 PM
Although i've never met a man that didn't like Top Gun. It's like Die Hard. It's in our genes. :lol:

*raises hand*

can't stand that movie, can't stand most of the actors in it, can't stand the characters, can't stand the overblown nature of the story. in short: i really do not like that film at all.

with very few exceptions, i am NOT a fan of the action genre.

AcesandEights
28-Oct-2010, 03:18 PM
with very few exceptions, i am NOT a fan of the action genre.

Mike, be honest, those few exceptions include Action Jackson, Remo Williams: The Adventure Begins and Gymkata.

Don't they?

bassman
28-Oct-2010, 03:18 PM
Like I said....I still haven't met a MAN that didn't like Top Gun. :p :lol:

AcesandEights
28-Oct-2010, 03:24 PM
agreed on that. I'd be more open to a Porky's sequel to be honest. I will give this a chance due to Bassman's over generalization of my movie viewing (lack) of prowess. I think if he gave me a chitchat, he'd find I'm of a like mind, with a few differences. to me, top gun is like watching NASCAR, troo, i'm not interested in it, but if the story is the bomb, then I'm in for the duration. I will seee this and give it an honest opinion. I will say that before I see it, I will find it VERY basic. I gave like a 30 minute reply b4 that was much more intelligent but somehow it got lost. Personally STAR WARS gave a jumping off point that Top Gun could never hope to achieve... Review coming soon.

Ron, I will feel a little guilty if you watch Top Gun, but I am definitely awaiting your review!

rongravy
28-Oct-2010, 09:38 PM

jerk, lol. how did u know i was transgendered. kidding but still...
don't make me beat you over the head with my gargantuan penis...
i'd be more inclined to give you shit for liking it, no?

Mike70
28-Oct-2010, 10:09 PM
Mike, be honest, those few exceptions include Action Jackson, Remo Williams: The Adventure Begins and Gymkata.

Don't they?

and don't forget "karate kid: III"

---------- Post added at 06:09 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:09 PM ----------

i'm loving this new smiley.

:fin:

MoonSylver
28-Oct-2010, 10:10 PM
I would have my ass in the theater on day one. How can anyone not like Top Gun?...

Meh. Not a fan. Like the idea of dogfighting movies, the rest of the film...:barf:

If Maverick does factor into the story of the sequel, I imagine he will be a teacher or one of the head hancho guys like Tom Skerritt and Michael Ironside in the first film.

I could see that. Actually there's a potential there for a "Older guy on the way out/new recruits" story there a la "Heartbreak Ridge"

http://www.pollsb.com/photos/o/29689-val_kilmer_top_gun.jpg

"Aces, you can be my wingman...anytime." :thumbsup:

Don't they?

You just named three GREAT movies right there. :hyper: :thumbsup:

Shit, Mike & are are more man than you can handle Sonny Jim, Between the two of us, we've got more balls than a bowling alley. :lol::moon::nana::fin:

Publius
29-Oct-2010, 09:55 AM
I thought the story would have him as a trainer... And there's no reason why that means he couldn't be the lead?

They could call it Top Gun 2: Iron Eagle Except in the Navy.

Shit, Mike & are are more man than you can handle Sonny Jim, Between the two of us, we've got more balls than a bowling alley.

So sorry to hear about your extreme polyorchidism. Hope they don't get in the way too much when you walk. ;)

shootemindehead
29-Oct-2010, 10:14 AM

Ahem...

*stands up*

MoonSylver
29-Oct-2010, 10:45 AM

Y'know, I just realized the jokes pretty much write themselves...:evil::lol:

(Sorry Bass j/k!)

bassman
29-Oct-2010, 11:56 AM

It's funny how one simple topic can divide the community so much.

And what's wrong with homoerotica, Moon? Ya damn homophobe. :p

Ahem...

*stands up*

Yeah dude....but we've covered this. You don't like ANYTHING. :lol:

MoonSylver
29-Oct-2010, 01:24 PM
And what's wrong with homoerotica, Moon? Ya damn homophobe. :p

Hey, I never said anything was WRONG with it, just pointing out "your ass in the theater" + "homoerotica on the screen"= :lol:. I had to go there...wait...that's what HE said! :lol::hyper::moon::nana::sneaky:

Mike70
29-Oct-2010, 02:05 PM
So sorry to hear about your extreme polyorchidism. Hope they don't get in the way too much when you walk. ;)

i've had the best minds in ergonomics on the problem and they have come with something functional, yet quite comfortable.

MikePizzoff
29-Oct-2010, 02:11 PM
I never understood how Top Gun got such a huge following. In my opinion, the movie flat out BLOWS; the story was boring and it just wasn't very well done.

I mean, how many times does one have to hear "Take My Breath Away" and "Highway To The Danger Zone" in a 100-minute span? (nothing against Kenny Loggins)

And, yes, I am a big fan of action flicks.

bassman
29-Oct-2010, 02:21 PM
"Bunch of slack-jawed faggots around here. This stuff will make you a god damned sexual Tyrannosaurus. Just like me."

http://starsmedia.ign.com/stars/image/article/960/960815/JesseVentura--Predator_1237493577.jpg

shootemindehead
29-Oct-2010, 03:15 PM
Yeah dude....but we've covered this. You don't like ANYTHING. :lol:

HEY!

I liked 'Iron Eagle'.

No...no, sorry. No, I didn't.

AcesandEights
29-Oct-2010, 03:35 PM
HEY!

I liked 'Iron Eagle'.

No...no, sorry. No, I didn't.

That's just because you've never splashed a few MiGs while listening to some hard drivin' tunes from King Kobra!

Rancid Carcass
29-Oct-2010, 04:33 PM
http://i795.photobucket.com/albums/yy236/cattletech/Hotshots.jpg

:D

darth los
29-Oct-2010, 06:39 PM
"Bunch of slack-jawed faggots around here. This stuff will make you a god damned sexual Tyrannosaurus. Just like me."

http://starsmedia.ign.com/stars/image/article/960/960815/JesseVentura--Predator_1237493577.jpg

Well that's a classic. :thumbsup:

They actually giving it on AMC on saturday in HD. Yeah i Know, one of the few things they did right this year.

Kids have never seen it so me thinks it's time.

:cool:

MoonSylver
29-Oct-2010, 06:54 PM
i've had the best minds in ergonomics on the problem and they have come with something functional, yet quite comfortable.

Huh. I just carry mine around ina dump truck. Go figure. ;)

Yes! YES!!!! http://www.dormibella.nl/forum/Smileys/dormibella/headbang.gif

You have been forgiven...my son...:lol:

bassman
29-Oct-2010, 07:02 PM
You have been forgiven...my son...:lol:

http://www.hollywoodbackwash.com/wp-content/uploads/2008/07/tom-cruise-top-gun.gif

MoonSylver
29-Oct-2010, 07:14 PM
http://www.hollywoodbackwash.com/wp-content/uploads/2008/07/tom-cruise-top-gun.gif

D'OH!!! No, wait...

http://roflrazzi.files.wordpress.com/2010/04/celebrity-pictures-homer-simpson-facepalm-copy.jpg

You hadda go & ruin a beutiful moment, didnja? :lol: :fin: