PDA

View Full Version : WTF, Best Buy?! I mean, seriously!

LouCipherr
28-Oct-2010, 07:06 PM
Ok, so since I got my new TV a few weeks ago, I figured I would head to Best Buy and pick up some horror BR discs - I mean, Halloween is right around the corner, so why not, right?

Everyone here is probably already aware of my love for the original Halloween and the original Nightmare on Elm Street, right?

So, I walk into Best Buy figuring the least I could do is add these two to my BR collection. I've already bought ANOES twice (original DVD then the Infinifilm SE) and I've bought SO goddamn many iterations of Halloween it's not even funny, but, I wanted it on BR.

I wander into my local best buy and start digging around. First thing I picked up was The Mist on BR, as it was only $9.99 for the two disc set. A steal I tells ya! Next, I go looking for the original Halloween and the original ANOES.

This is where shit goes awry.

You would think that BB would have these two movies, considering they are "classic" horror films, right? So I go to the "H" section... what do I find? It sure as fuck wasn't the original Halloween, but the two shitty RZ remakes. I ask someone in the store - ZERO copies of the original film on BR in stock. Not just in the store I was in, in ANY of the BB's within a 50 mile radius. :stunned:

But wait, it doesn't stop there..

I go into the "N" section - looking for the original ANOES. You think I found it? FUCK NO. Did I find that god-awful remake of it? Goddamn right, 5 copies of it, but the original on BR? NOPE.

WHAT THE FUCK, Best Buy?! These are probably still damn good sellers, ESPECIALLY around halloween time, and these idiots don't think to have some of them in stock?

It's no wonder these stores are going bankrupt. Who the fuck is running these places?

Hey, Best Buy: "See, here's the pulse. And this is your finger, far away from the pulse, jammed straight up your ass. Say, would you like a chocolate covered pretzel?"

darth los
28-Oct-2010, 07:18 PM
I prefer the remakes to the original halloween anyway so that's fine with me. :D :p :moon:

:cool:

ProfessorChaos
28-Oct-2010, 07:40 PM
surely you're not talking about the remake of the 2nd one, right? aside from the first 15 mintues or so and some tits during the strip club scene, that movie was a total turd.

laurie as a goth/hipster/emo chick? michael eating dogs and wearing a hoodie? the white horse scene? more of RZ's talentless wife? fucking enough.....:barf:

bassman
28-Oct-2010, 07:40 PM
Uhhh....Halloween is like two days away, dude. Did you consider that maybe they had copies of said movies, but they were purchased earlier in the month? I don't know about your Best Buy, but mine had a huge display toward the front of the movies section that had every classic horror dvd/br you could think of. They may have just sold out and will restock in the next few weeks.

darth - agreed.

LouCipherr
28-Oct-2010, 07:42 PM
I prefer the remakes to the original halloween anyway so that's fine with me. :D :p :moon:

:cool:

:fin:

:lol:

Ok, even if you prefer the remakes, don't you think it's kinda stupid that BB doesn't even carry the ORIGINAL Halloween on BR, even though it's out there and probably still continues to sell well to this day?

---------- Post added at 03:42 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:41 PM ----------

Uhhh....Halloween is like two days away, dude. Did you consider that maybe they had copies of said movies, but they were purchased earlier in the month? I don't know about your Best Buy, but mine had a huge display toward the front of the movies section that had every classic horror dvd/br you could think of. They may have just sold out and will restock in the next few weeks.

I've been keeping an eye out them for a while, so it's not just a case of "recently sold out" - they just haven't had any in the stores (at least not the original Halloween) for at least a few months. If you go to BB's website and look up the original Halloween, it says "Will ship within 24 hours from our warehouse, no local pickup available" - and that was before I put in my zip code and preferred stores.

I still call "WTF?!"

bassman
28-Oct-2010, 07:44 PM
in that case....should've hit up amazon weeks ago.:p

You do all your christmas shopping on Christmas eve, too? :lol:

ProfessorChaos
28-Oct-2010, 07:46 PM
plus the whole 50-mile radius thing is an indicator of how poor their stock management is. surely they're not selling that well.

oh, and another thing that sucks moose balls through straws is all laurie's dreams that end up with her screaming, lights flashing, and her freaking out and head-banging like a meth-addled hyena...seriously, fuck that movie. and then ending, jehezus! i swear, the whole theater started chuckling and snickering when she came out of that shack, looking like a stick figure with that huge mask on. i really doubt that's the audience reaction ol' rob had in mind.

LouCipherr
28-Oct-2010, 07:47 PM
in that case....should've hit up amazon weeks ago.:p

You do all your christmas shopping on Christmas eve, too? :lol:

:fin:

:lol:

PC gets it. The rest of you (looking at you los and bassman) can eat my toe cheese. :lol:

...and those of you who prefer RZ's Halloween to the original, go take a gander at THIS (http://forum.homepageofthedead.com/showthread.php?16470-109-Reasons-Why-Deej-Lou-amp-Lou-s-Wife-think-RZ-s-Halloween-Sucks-Balls&highlight=Halloween) then eat me. :lol:

bassman
28-Oct-2010, 07:57 PM
Thought I would help a bruva out (http://movies.amctv.com/schedule/index.php#view=day&tz=ET&month_offset=0&day=31).

You can see the first one 8:00 AM Sunday. :lol:

DjfunkmasterG
28-Oct-2010, 08:00 PM
Did you check the center aisle sale racks... that is where they had 10 copies of original ANOES at my store.

trying to resurrect the ole 109 reasons why Halloween 2007 Sucks balls? :D :fin:

LouCipherr
28-Oct-2010, 08:02 PM
Did you check the center aisle sale racks... that is where they had 10 copies of original ANOES at my store.

trying to resurrect the ole 109 reasons why Halloween 2007 Sucks balls? :D :fin:

Why yes and yes on both accounts. :lol:

bassman
28-Oct-2010, 08:08 PM
I understand the Halloween BR's being gone, but not so much the NOES BR's. I think that BR was just released a few months ago. Or at least a new version was...

LouCipherr
28-Oct-2010, 08:13 PM
I think the BR of ANOES is just the Infinifilm masters transferred to BR. At least I thought that was the case, but don't quote me.

Dj, where are you when I need some trivia answered?! :lol:

DjfunkmasterG
28-Oct-2010, 08:14 PM
I wonder WWBMD in this situation?

---------- Post added at 04:14 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:13 PM ----------

I think the BR of ANOES is just the Infinifilm masters transferred to BR. At least I thought that was the case, but don't quote me.

Dj, where are you when I need some trivia answered?! :lol:

I believe that is correct... very very rare a catalog title gets a complete re-master when one was done not long ago.

LouCipherr
28-Oct-2010, 08:22 PM
I wonder WWBMD in this situation?

He would say "stop bothering with the original and watch the RZ version" :lol:

bassman
28-Oct-2010, 08:24 PM
THIS (http://www.blu-ray.com/movies/A-Nightmare-on-Elm-Street-Blu-ray/1066/) is the "new" NOES version I was talking about. They say the transfer is actually pretty good. It was released around the time the remake was hitting theaters.

LouCipherr
28-Oct-2010, 08:34 PM
THIS (http://www.blu-ray.com/movies/A-Nightmare-on-Elm-Street-Blu-ray/1066/) is the "new" NOES version I was talking about. They say the transfer is actually pretty good. It was released around the time the remake was hitting theaters.

Yeah, that was the "Infinifilm" remaster they initially used for the standard def DVD, then used those same masters for the BR release you linked to. ;)

bassman
28-Oct-2010, 08:49 PM
So which was the one you were looking for? To my knowledge that's the latest and best BR copy of the film available.

Anyway...my point was just that it's only been out a few months, so i'm surprised they don't have a stack of copies in stock.

LouCipherr
28-Oct-2010, 09:52 PM
Yeah, that was the BR I was looking for. The recently released ANOES on BR that was used the Inifinilm master (the one you linked to). ANOES, I think just must've sold out, 'cause that is indeed around at some of the other BB's, but Halloween not being in ANY of the stores is what really got to me.

LouCipherr
09-Nov-2010, 02:40 PM
Ok, lets expand this a bit further than just movies...

So when I bought my new television a few weeks ago, the bozos at Best Buy were trying to sell me HMDI cables. Of course, I told them to piss off because the ONLY place I'll buy HDMI cables is www.monoprice.com (http://www.monoprice.com).

But get this - this is the kind of stuff they're trying to sell their customers:

AudioQuest - Vodka 6.6' HDMI Cable - Blue/Black - $369.99 (http://www.bestbuy.com/site/AudioQuest+-+Vodka+6.6'+HDMI+Cable+-+Blue/Black/1267791.p?id=1218245472444&skuId=1267791&st=HDMI&cp=2&lp=7)

AudioQuest - Cinnamon 39.4' HDMI Cable - Platinum White - $319.99 (http://www.bestbuy.com/site/AudioQuest+-+Cinnamon+39.4'+HDMI+Cable+-+Platinum+White/9892542.p?id=1218202122401&skuId=9892542&st=HDMI&cp=2&lp=9)

AudioQuest - Chocolate 9-5/6' HDMI Cable - Coffee/Black - $178.99 (http://www.bestbuy.com/site/AudioQuest+-+Chocolate+9-5/6'+HDMI+Cable+-+Coffee/Black/9515848.p?id=1218123221535&skuId=9515848&st=HDMI&cp=3&lp=13)

Monster Cable - M1000 12' HDMI Cable - Grey - $174.98 (http://www.bestbuy.com/site/Monster+Cable+-+M1000+12'+HDMI+Cable+-+Grey/1155988.p?id=1218228711603&skuId=1155988&st=HDMI&cp=3&lp=14)

and if you think those are frightening, take a gander at this:

AudioQuest - Carbon 65.6' HDMI Cable - Platinum White - $1,529.99 (http://www.bestbuy.com/site/AudioQuest+-+Carbon+65.6'+HDMI+Cable+-+Platinum+White/9892876.p?id=1218202520596&skuId=9892876&st=HDMI&cp=1&lp=1)

Ok, I realize the last one is 65 feet long, but $1500+ for a goddamn HDMI cable? :stunned:

Of course, I didn't buy any of that shit. I buy my HDMI cables from monorprice and they're usually no more than $20 for a 12-20ft. cable (gold plated, ferrite core) - which works perfect. I mean, it's a digital signal - you either get the picture delivered to your TV correctly or you don't.

I just find it appauling that BB actually has the balls to ask people to pay these kinds of prices for CABLES of all things. :rolleyes: