PDA

View Full Version : You have GOT to be kidding me

LouCipherr
04-Nov-2010, 06:00 PM
Click here for the lunacy... (http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worldnews/northamerica/usa/barackobama/8109295/Coconuts-removed-from-trees-in-preparation-for-Barack-Obamas-India-trip.html)

Mr Obama will arrive in India on Saturday for the first leg of an Asian tour.

But as well as the usual security measures that come with welcoming a a visiting dignitary, Indian authorities have decided to go one step further, by removing all natural threats to the president as well.

All coconuts around the city's Gandhi museum, one of Mr Obama's stops in the city, are being taken down.

"We told the authorities to remove the dry coconuts from trees near the building. Why take a chance?" Mani Bhavan's executive secretary, Meghshyam Ajgaonkar, told the BBC.

Last week American security officers inspected Mani Bhavan and its surroundings along with other places the president is likely to visit.

Every year in India people are injured or even killed by falling coconuts.

Mr Obama, still smarting from heavy losses in the midterm elections, will visit India, Indonesia, South Korea, Japan and China on the 10-day tour.

Neil
04-Nov-2010, 06:18 PM
Oh My God!

Maybe they should make sure the grass isn't too long incase he should trip over it...

And the bees? What about the bees? He might get stung!!!!

SymphonicX
04-Nov-2010, 06:24 PM
You forgot the blindingly important detail in all of this:

This trip is costing YOU AMERICANS 200 million A DAY!
Fucking disgraceful.
He's taking his whole family out there on a jolly.

Source:
The daily hate:
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-1325990/Obamas-200m-day-India-visit-picked-US-taxpayers.html

five days - a billion dollars that could be spent on helping the jobless return to work, or reforming healthcare, or ANYTHING.

AcesandEights
04-Nov-2010, 06:32 PM
In all fairness, we are only one bad coconut away from a Joe Biden presidency.

Just sayin'.

LouCipherr
04-Nov-2010, 06:33 PM
You forgot the blindingly important detail in all of this:

This trip is costing YOU AMERICANS 200 million A DAY!
Fucking disgraceful.
He's taking his whole family out there on a jolly.

Source:
The daily hate:
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-1325990/Obamas-200m-day-India-visit-picked-US-taxpayers.html

five days - a billion dollars that could be spent on helping the jobless return to work, or reforming healthcare, or ANYTHING.

Don't even get me started on this idiot. It's bad enough he's president, now we have this kind of shit going on.

How's that "change" and "hope" everyone? :rolleyes:

BillyRay
04-Nov-2010, 07:07 PM
Don't even get me started on this idiot. It's bad enough he's president, now we have this kind of shit going on.

How's that "change" and "hope" everyone? :rolleyes:

Oh, Lou...

I'm too tired and peacable and normally have a ton of respect for you to start yelling and flaming.

So...just...

NO BACON FOR YOU.

http://www.askdrding.com/wp-content/uploads/2008/10/no-bacon-for-ding1.jpg

I'm sorry it came to this.

ProfessorChaos
04-Nov-2010, 07:16 PM
1 billion dollars for the O's to take a vacation? fuck...any point to this little getaway or is he just trying to forget his party just got thumped in the elections?

EDIT: well, i guess he'd better yuck it up while he can, i highly doubt he's gonna be at 1600 pennsylvania avenue after jan 20, 2013.

AcesandEights
04-Nov-2010, 07:17 PM
NO BACON FOR YOU.

http://www.askdrding.com/wp-content/uploads/2008/10/no-bacon-for-ding1.jpg

:lol: Well worth the price of admission to the thread! :lol:

BillyRay
04-Nov-2010, 07:26 PM
1 billion dollars for the O's to take a vacation? fuck...any point to this little getaway or is he just trying to forget his party just got thumped in the elections?

EDIT: well, i guess he'd better yuck it up while he can, i highly doubt he's gonna be at 1600 pennsylvania avenue after jan 20, 2013.

Yep, the people have spoken.

And they've said:

"PLEASE, CORPORATIONS!
TAKE OUR MONEY AND RESOURCES AND GIVE US NOTHING BACK!
PLEASE ERODE OUR RIGHTS AND LESSEN YOUR OWN RESPONSIBILITIES!
WE'D MUCH RATHER PRESENT OURSELVES TO YOU LIKE MANDRILLS IN THE NAME OF THE "FREE MARKET"!

They have 2 years with no co-operation to turn things around and crap rainbows.

The same chance they gave ol' Barry.

ProfessorChaos
04-Nov-2010, 07:32 PM
goddamn i hate politics.

BillyRay
04-Nov-2010, 07:44 PM
Sorry dude, didn't mean to rant.

It just seems that the electorate is acting like a battered housewife.

All it takes is the Republicans saying:

"Honest baby, I won't hit you again, I promise, you know I love you"

and the American people come running back for more.

It makes an old Leftist feel like the "Nice Guy" who was dumped for an asshole yet again.

LouCipherr
04-Nov-2010, 07:52 PM
Oh, Lou...

I'm too tired and peacable and normally have a ton of respect for you to start yelling and flaming.

So...just...

NO BACON FOR YOU.

:lol:

Well, the no bacon for me I can understand, but why in the world would you possibly want to yell at me and start flaming? Let me reassure you, I don't just hate obama, I hate all politicians (well, except for one) equally, so my prejudice is universal. :D

:lol: Well worth the price of admission to the thread! :lol:

I have to agree. :D

goddamn i hate politics.

I agree with that sentiment, too. :lol:

ProfessorChaos
04-Nov-2010, 07:54 PM
i know, BR, i wasn't offended. i can imagine that someone who traditionally votes D would be upset now.

i've voted for both parties on a few ballots for varying reasons. the last couple of elections i've mainly been in the R camp, but i don't like to consider myself as being solely for one side or the other. but i think there is a lot that people aren't happy about and want to see fixed in the right way and it feels like certain items are rushed through without the type of serious contemplation and levity they call for.

Mike70
04-Nov-2010, 08:04 PM
did i hear talk of bacon?

that is so much more interesting that any political topic could ever be.

LouCipherr
04-Nov-2010, 08:11 PM
did i hear talk of bacon?

that is so much more interesting that any political topic could ever be.

I think it should be a requirement that we BACON every single thread on HPotD. :elol:

MoonSylver
04-Nov-2010, 08:15 PM
In all fairness, we are only one bad coconut away from a Joe Biden presidency.

Just sayin'.

:lol:

http://static.wix.com/media/d49c02994c16275ba038189531cc6544.wix_mp_256

AcesandEights
04-Nov-2010, 08:15 PM
I think it should be a requirement that we BACON every single thread on HPotD. :elol:

"Welcome to Homepage of the Dead (+ Bacon & Ghostbusters)." ;)

LouCipherr
04-Nov-2010, 08:17 PM
"Welcome to Homepage of the Dead (+ Bacon & Ghostbusters)." ;)

:lol: :lol: :lol:

There isn't enough laughing smilies I can post to express how much I lmfao when I read this... :D

From now on, that's how I will refer to this place... HPotD (+ Bacon & GB)

Hey, ya gotta admit, EVERYTHING is better with BACON! :D

darth los
04-Nov-2010, 08:20 PM
Be that as it may it's lightyears better than being a coconut drop from a Palin presidency.

:cool:

mista_mo
04-Nov-2010, 09:16 PM
I am pretty sure that Palin would do a good job. I can't give you a source, but my insider knows her...really well...oh baby.

Publius
05-Nov-2010, 12:42 AM
I'm not usually the first to defend the administration, but the White House denies the $200M/day figure, claiming it's been wildly exaggerated, and I believe it.

But another story reports that the US military will build a kilometer-long bombproof air-conditioned tunnel just for Obama's visit so his convoy can visit a museum without being exposed to the public. It all does seem a bit ridiculous considering the public concern about the economy and government spending, even if it's not costing $200M/day.

http://www.dnaindia.com/mumbai/report_tunnel-for-obama-near-mani-bhavan_1461946

Wyldwraith
05-Nov-2010, 02:59 AM
Here's why I KNOW that PEOPLE ARE STUPID,
Republican Activity from 2008-2010 Summed Up: Cock-Block Each and Every Thing the Dems tried to do, and then whine LOUDLY about what they couldn't stop. That isn't the people are stupid part, just politics.
Public reaction for the 2010 Mid-Term Elections, Summed Up: "Gee, the Republicans have been such AWESOME OBSTRUCTIONISTS while the Democrats had majority control of Congress + White House. Going so far as to announce on National Television REPEATEDLY that their Absolute #1 Priority/Thing to Accomplish is ensuring Obama doesn't get re-elected. I know, let's vote enough of them in to give them control of the House and RENDER CONGRESS 100% USELESS!!! for the next two years! That'll SURELY help us with our double-digit unemployment rate, the 8-digit number of Americans whose Unemployment Benefits have run out, and the Highest Home Foreclosure Rate and Small Business Bankruptcy Filing SINCE THE GREAT DEPRESSION!!

THAT is what proves Good Ole' Rule #1 true once again. Rule #1: (To quote Tommy Lee Jones in Men In Black) "A person can be smart, but PEOPLE are dumb as a box of wet hair."

Yes, yes, I know people will say "But this was just a first step. We'll get the rest of those damned Democrats when the rest of the Representatives/Senators come up for re-election. Then we'll rid ourselves of the Evil Nazi-Obama (tm), and we'll return to the Glory Days under King G. Bush the II's rightful successor to the Autocrat-Monarchy."

We all knows how this dance will go. Obama doesn't have the guts for a real fight, so he'll drag the entire Democrat Party down with him, and we'll get another 8 years of a Neo-Conservative with a Republican Congress of Worshippers, and said Neo-Conservative President will again pander to the Military/Industrial complex, will continue screaming about insidious Enemies of America, and thus justifying broad-reaching legislation to further gut the Constitution, in the proud (gag, heave, vomit) tradition of the Patriot Act. His/her approval will take a nosedive towards the end of his/her first term due to exponentially-increasing unemployment, loss of wage-increases/other benefits for those lucky enough to have a job, and record-breaking numbers of Bankruptcy filings and Mortgage Foreclosures. So, he/she will manufacture an imaginary enemy, who just happens to be an unpopular nation that is very profitable to invade, and then that President and his/her Congressional Sycophants will repeat over and over and over some version of "We must stay the course, and we can't change horses in mid-stream during time of war. People will buy this and re-elect him/her, who will then show their true colors and rule with an iron fist.

At this point the people will realize (again) just how badly they've screwed themselves, so 2 years after the beginning of that President's 2nd term, the people will conclusively vote a ton of Democrats into office and give the Democrats back control of Congress. Unfortunately, this Egomaniac Republican President will totally bypass Congress by use of record-breaking numbers of Executive Signing Statements to essentially write into law whatever they want with no possible legal remedy to stop them until their 2nd term is over.

A weary, battered and economically RAVAGED public will vote a Democratic President back into office to balance the budget, wipe away an inconceivably large deficit, and to reverse the worst and most intrusive invasions of our privacy and abridgement of our freedoms, which this exceptionally talented Democratic President WILL ACTUALLY MANAGE TO DO ALL THAT. Then, with the country back on the right track and everyone's life improving while the rapes of the former Despot-President memories fade, the fools will then crucify the Democrat President who cleaned up the Republican mess for something that has nothing to do with their ability to govern, and thus the cycle will repeat itself.

Can anyone HONESTLY disagree?

Publius
05-Nov-2010, 09:23 AM
A weary, battered and economically RAVAGED public will vote a Democratic President back into office to balance the budget, wipe away an inconceivably large deficit, and to reverse the worst and most intrusive invasions of our privacy and abridgement of our freedoms, which this exceptionally talented Democratic President WILL ACTUALLY MANAGE TO DO ALL THAT.

Why would a despot ruling with an iron fist let THAT happen?

MoonSylver
05-Nov-2010, 10:45 AM
Why would a despot ruling with an iron fist let THAT happen?

http://rlv.zcache.com/vote_emperor_palpatine_poster-p228412936339234135trma_400.jpg

http://letitgeek2.files.wordpress.com/2008/10/2763602736_808d5d9faf.jpg?w=336&h=500

Wyldwraith
05-Nov-2010, 12:52 PM
Don't ask me,
I refer you to the Bush Sr./Jr. memoirs respectively...if you can stand the mangling of the English language and the made up non-words.

AcesandEights
05-Nov-2010, 02:26 PM
I am pretty sure that Palin would do a good job. I can't give you a source, but my insider knows her...really well...oh baby.

I had almost forgotten Canada was in her front yard, Mo!

http://letitgeek2.files.wordpress.com/2008/10/2763602736_808d5d9faf.jpg?w=336&h=500

Love it, Moon!

MoonSylver
05-Nov-2010, 02:29 PM
Don't ask me,
I refer you to the Bush Sr./Jr. memoirs respectively...if you can stand the mangling of the English language and the made up non-words.

I don't agree but I respect-i-ficate the words that you just said-a-fied. :lol:

I had almost forgotten Canada was in her front yard, Mo!

That's true. Canada in front & Russia knockin' at the back door... :stunned: :lol: :thumbsup:

LouCipherr
05-Nov-2010, 02:51 PM

:lol: *spits soda all over monitor and keyboard* :lol:

Purge
05-Nov-2010, 02:55 PM
I'm no Obama zombie, but I suspected that those claims wre BS right from the get-go.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/yblog_upshot/20101105/el_yblog_upshot/citing-shady-numbers-republicans-take-aim-at-the-cost-of-obamas-trip-to-india

MoonSylver
05-Nov-2010, 05:51 PM

:lol: *spits soda all over monitor and keyboard* :lol:

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/_35igJnloijA/RpPaQl0WPHI/AAAAAAAAA3w/g3DLgIbkQT0/s400/bush+angry+creepy.jpg

"I do not find this humor-rific..."

DjfunkmasterG
06-Nov-2010, 06:47 PM

I'd like to be INSIDE her.... :elol: