PDA

View Full Version : Resident evil 2 (HTC desire)

Tricky
05-Nov-2010, 08:48 AM
If any of you have one of these phones, resident evil 2 is now available to download as a rom for the psx emulator! It takes a bit of tinkering to convert the file to a BIN file, but its pretty easy. The game is complete with all cut scenes etc! You have to download 2 files though as if you remember, the game came on 2 discs. The game mostly runs perfectly apart from occasional slowdown with the audio, I'm enjoying playing it through as I leant it to a mate probably 9 or 10 years ago, & never got it back. Final fantasy 7 & metal gear solid are available too :cool:
By the way I can actually make calls on this phone too :lol:

Rancid Carcass
05-Nov-2010, 12:50 PM
By the way I can actually make calls on this phone too

Wow...a moblie phone you can actually make calls with - what will they think of next? We are truely living in the future my friends... ;)

Still think thar Resi 2 has one of the best openings in a game, I'll never forget that sudden wave of "oh crap" after the intro movie and the blessed relief of getting to the gunshop, well, sort of... :lol:

Tricky
05-Nov-2010, 01:03 PM
Yeah thats a good moment! the music keeps whacking me with nostalgia as well, I think I was around 18 last time I played it through & certain parts of the score keep taking me right back to being that age! Im going to try & download Resi 3 for it as well, I remember that one being good, I lost interest in the franchise after that though, I played that one that was released on the PS2 (was it code veronica on that island?) and never cared for it after that, plus I'd hit an age where being out with mates and girls took over from intense gaming sessions. Still impressed I can play this on my phone though, it doesnt seem that long since "snake" was the main phone game to pass the time with...

ProfessorChaos
05-Nov-2010, 02:14 PM
goddamn, RE2 rocks. i've been meaning to start that one up (got it and RE3 & RE4 for the gamecube/wii), but i've been busy with red dead redemption lately.

that music in RE2 is timeless, though. i recall seeing that episode of spaced where time was playing that game for days on end, and that music brought me right back to the old days upon the first notes...and if i recall, that's when i ran out and picked up a copy. gonna have to start that up sometime soon.

darth los
05-Nov-2010, 03:40 PM
If they made a faithful remake of RE 2 like they did for the Original (Zero also had the same graphics) on the gamecube, it would be the the greatest zombie game of all time.

Probably still is anyway.

:cool: