PDA

View Full Version : Freddy vs. Jason sequel? Nightmare on Elm Street prequel?

AssassinFromHell
15-Jun-2006, 03:41 PM
http://www.scifi.com/scifiwire/index.php?category=7&id=35302

Buckle up children. Robert Englund is finally really scaring the hell outta me...

EvilNed
15-Jun-2006, 03:57 PM
The horror genre, especially the slasher subgenre, has never really been known for it's originality.

mista_mo
15-Jun-2006, 06:22 PM
...I like the idea for a prequel to a nightmare on Elm street personally..although, I don't like the idea of a docu-drama...it could end up being interesting..

oh, and Micheal Myers is a pussy

general tbag
15-Jun-2006, 06:26 PM
i thought the prequel type thing was done with the tv series seems kinda crappy they just do a rehash .

Eyebiter
15-Jun-2006, 07:10 PM
I'm not sure about the F vs J vs MM script idea. Guess it depends on how John Carpenter works in the Halloween movies. Will the Thorn mythology from 4-6 be implemented or ignored per H20.

If I was a betting man, would put money that the Nightmare on Elm Street prequel gets made. Put a human face on a monster. Not to mention it's a prime opportunity to spoof all of the forensic crime drama and courtroom tv shows at the same time.

Dawg
15-Jun-2006, 09:59 PM
That would definitely kick @$$, but any time a good idea comes around, it never gets made. :(

:dead: Dawg

MinionZombie
15-Jun-2006, 10:03 PM
At least it isn't a remake.

I'd be interested in seeing a prequel to ANOES, it'd be good to get back to the horror of the situation, it's kinda twisted how they were making dolls (for kids) out of Freddy ... a child rapist/murderer ... that's fudged up. Also, none of that nu-metal crap like in Freddy VS Jason. What you want is orchestral, like Harry Manfredini.

AssassinFromHell
16-Jun-2006, 12:24 PM
At least it isn't a remake.

I'd be interested in seeing a prequel to ANOES, it'd be good to get back to the horror of the situation, it's kinda twisted how they were making dolls (for kids) out of Freddy ... a child rapist/murderer ... that's fudged up. Also, none of that nu-metal crap like in Freddy VS Jason. What you want is orchestral, like Harry Manfredini.

That's wishful thinking. You know anything that gets made now is going to be about T and A. It's not going to be horror, as much as it will be drama. That's what is going to kill it. Every teen out there will be like...oh, he doesn't have the skin and the claws, this sucks. There will be nu-metal. Not alot of movies nowadays have a good score.This is what I'm scared off now. So what if Robert Englund has some good ideas, studios will corrupt anything.