PDA

View Full Version : Last game that actually made you excited to play it?

SymphonicX
08-Nov-2010, 06:09 PM
What was the last game that, when thinking about it at work/school etc, you were just ITCHING to play it?

This can't be a game that you'd just bought and couldn't wait to play for the first time - this is about games that you were actually dead excited about because you KNEW how much fun it was....

I genuinely can't think of one this year that has made me feel like that. I had a love affair with Battlefield BC2 but that wasn't to the same level of what I experienced when going through CODMW for the first time.

MW2, Halo Reach, GOW2, WAW, etc were big games at the time, none of which really excited me. Reach and MW2 I found particularly disappointing and in some cases, downright offensive.

I think even think back to Left For Dead - I was way more excited BEFORE I owned the game.

So, what was the last game that really made you itch to play it?

Mitchified
08-Nov-2010, 06:14 PM
Left 4 Dead, definitely. I couldn't wait to get my hands on it. In fact, I'm still playing it and I still look forward to hopping on with my fiancee and a couple of friends to play through custom campaigns.

Danny
08-Nov-2010, 06:17 PM
now do you mean excited, or nintendo sixty-fooooooouur exited? because i don't know about you but i whent from halo on the xbox to oblivion on the 360 and during that opening cutscene royally flipped my shit, my mom was in the room and goes "be quiet, its just another game" and i was just incredulous going "DO YOU SEE THESE FUCKING GRAPHICS?!?" :lol:

AcesandEights
08-Nov-2010, 06:20 PM
Console Game is Fallout New Vegas. I was very psyched at release and still get very psyched just as I power up my 360 to play it.

PC is Victoria 2.
http://www.adrianwerner.x.pl/2010/victoria2.jpg

Tabletop is Pathfinder RPG.
http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/thumb/0/0e/Pathfinder_RPG_Core_Rulebook_cover.jpeg/220px-Pathfinder_RPG_Core_Rulebook_cover.jpeg

BillyRay
08-Nov-2010, 06:28 PM
Civilization Revolution.

Almost bought a 360.

Didn't, but that's a stretch for me...:D

JDFP
08-Nov-2010, 06:38 PM
Sim City and The Legend of Zelda for the Super Nintendo with the Game Genie.

"Sim City" -- Infinite money, I loved to build up my amazing cities and have them destroyed by Godzilla and fires and earthquakes. It was really fun! "The Legend of Zelda" -- man, I loved all the mythos in it and traveling across the world there. It was exciting to go around to the different places. I had to use a Game Genie for infinite life and it still took me about a year or so to beat it just from not reading any manuals or anything on it -- just playing for the fun of it.

Of course, I was like 14 with these games and they were really the last games I really played. I don't even know what happened to my Super Nintendo -- it's been so long since I've played any games. Just not a gamer, as you can tell.

j.p.

darth los
08-Nov-2010, 06:40 PM
Left 4 Dead, definitely. I couldn't wait to get my hands on it. In fact, I'm still playing it and I still look forward to hopping on with my fiancee and a couple of friends to play through custom campaigns.

Left 4 dead 2. Had the first and was like this next one is going to be crazy!

Nothing since then. :(

:cool:

Mr. Clean
15-Nov-2010, 06:28 PM
I usually don't get super hyped games because I'm afraid I'll be disappointed. First ones I can remember was Metal Gear Solid for PS1 and Knight of the Old Republic 2 for Xbox. I was hyped about Diablo 3 because I put in no telling how many hours in on D2 but once I seen that Blizzard isn't done milking that WOW Cow, I kinda gave up plus the thought of them charging a monthly fee for it because they know they can makes me sick.

Assassins Creed:Brotherhood is going to be interesting. I want to see how exactly they've done the multiplayer.

CoinReturn
15-Nov-2010, 07:49 PM
Most recently, Mass Effect 2. Loved every second of that game. :D

ProfessorChaos
15-Nov-2010, 07:57 PM
i'm still loving red dead redemption. that game is a blast both in SP mode and online with friends.

darth los
15-Nov-2010, 08:49 PM
i'm still loving red dead redemption. that game is a blast both in SP mode and online with friends.

Tried undead nightmare yet?

That's like a zombie enthusiasts wet dream. I think it was a bit much having spitters in there, but you can see that an open world game of that type is totally feasable and has almost limitless possibilities.

:cool:

ProfessorChaos
15-Nov-2010, 08:54 PM
oh yeah, man. i'm having a blast with undead nightmare. just about to finish the story, but i wanted to knock out a few more challenges first.

recently got the other dlc packs, poker and liars dice online is pretty fun and a nice change of pace. and man, that explosive rifle....holy crap!