PDA

View Full Version : Battle: Los Angeles

Neil
14-Nov-2010, 05:39 PM
Maybe this is what "Skyline" was trying to be?

ORb3zC8z94w

Mitchified
14-Nov-2010, 05:42 PM
Maybe this is what "Skyline" was trying to be?

If not, it's why they might be sued, according to Wikipedia.

Neil
14-Nov-2010, 05:48 PM
If not, it's why they might be sued, according to Wikipedia.

Interesting!!! Wasn't aware of that!

Legion2213
14-Nov-2010, 05:50 PM
Looks cool, but also looks like it will be another "family drama".

I want to see an alien invasion film based on something like "The Big Red 1", let's follow some of the people who actually save the world from the first shots fired until the end of the conflict instead of Tom Cruise or some other family I don't care about.

Mitchified
14-Nov-2010, 06:02 PM
In War of the Worlds I was so pumped when Tom Cruise got dropped into the harvesting basket. Which lead to me being highly disappointed when he got out of the basket without being turned into bloody fertilizer.

clanglee
14-Nov-2010, 09:16 PM
In War of the Worlds I was so pumped when Tom Cruise got dropped into the harvesting basket. Which lead to me being highly disappointed when he got out of the basket without being turned into bloody fertilizer.

I'm sure that wasn't the first time ole Tom was that far up an anus. . . . .

Neil
14-Nov-2010, 10:00 PM

So easily could have been a really great film... But was just too Hollywood :(

MagicMoonMonkey
15-Nov-2010, 12:06 AM
Oh my... That looks entertaining.
Alien Invasion... Check
Military heavily involved... Check
Lots of exploding stuff... Check
Haunting song on the trailer that wont be in the movie... Check
Stick in some people eating and I am sold.

This looks like a mix of ID4 and Blackhawk Down. I wonder which of the leads will develop super powers and defeat the invaders when all seems lost... Oh wait, that was done already. Damn you Skyline.

---------- Post added at 01:06 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:57 AM ----------

I shared your disappointment. I was beyond thrilled when news of WotW was being remade and then when Cruise was announced to be the 'Star', my excitement faded.
I did enjoy it at the time I suppose, but I simply could not bring myself to watch it again because of Cruise's involvement. As Neil said, the movie could have been something special.
I keep meaning to do a search to see what the alien lasers were all about. They could turn flesh to ash, but clothing is impervious to it, and then the same laser can flip over a built-up motorway and create an army engulfing inferno... Clever aliens.

Neil
12-Jan-2011, 11:53 AM
New trailer...

http://www.cinemablend.com/new/New-Battle-Los-Angeles-Trailer-Finally-Shows-Off-Its-Cast-22567.html