PDA

View Full Version : guess on season finale?

general tbag
16-Nov-2010, 08:21 PM
Any guess how season 1 end? Based off the pacing of the episodes, someone gonna die!

Also could see the push towards the gated community

bassman
16-Nov-2010, 08:27 PM
Those two guesses sound about right to me. If they don't have the same outcome for THAT character, I'm thinking it will either be them hitting the road or making it to the community.

Most likely the gun "incident", though. End the season on a bang. Much like it started, actually...

MoonSylver
16-Nov-2010, 08:41 PM
I could see it ending right where v1 of the TPB does...?

bassman
16-Nov-2010, 08:45 PM
I could see it ending right where v1 of the TPB does...?

What was that? I only saw them issue-by-issue, rather than the volumes...

AcesandEights
16-Nov-2010, 08:47 PM
What was that? I only saw them issue-by-issue, rather than the volumes...

Pretty sure it's the...

death of Shane.

kidgloves
16-Nov-2010, 09:14 PM
I think we'll see Morgan again
Minus Duane whose been eaten as a result of Morgan not being able to shoot his wife

MoonSylver
16-Nov-2010, 10:38 PM
Pretty sure it's the...

death of Shane.

Aye, that's it. :)

Ghoulman
17-Nov-2010, 12:07 AM
Found the synopsis for season 1 online a while back (they're accurate through ep 4) and the series looks to vear away from the comic for the finale. I'd post the synopsis in a spoiler but I couldn't learn how to do that after 20 minutes of searching. Is it just yadayadayada?

---------- Post added at 08:07 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:03 PM ----------

Synopsis for season finale:
Episode 106 "TS-19" Rick and the group are allowed into the CDC, by a strange doctor. But all is not what it seems in their newfound haven.

ProfessorChaos
17-Nov-2010, 12:30 AM
yeah, all along i've been thinking that shane's death would be how they ended season one. i think i recall darabont saying (can't recall where i read it) that he imagines that the prison wouldn't be discovered till the end of the 2nd season, so i'm thinking a lot of season 2 will be focused on the open road with the survivors in the RV, the gated community, and hershel's farm

as for morgan and duane: it's not until the 5th hardcover that we see them again, after the prison arc is played out...rick goes back and yes, little duane is dead, morgan is mentally unhinged and very disturbed, and keeping his zombified son chained up. they can't wait too long to do this due to the way kids mature and how different the kid'll look in a few years, but i don't see them picking this part of the story back up soon....although i'm sure they will get to it at some point. haven't read the 6th hardcover yet, so i don't know what becomes of morgan when he joins rick and the rest of the gang

shootemindehead
17-Nov-2010, 01:55 AM
Well, I'm hoping for a 'Day of the Dead' type massacre where all of the useless cliched add-on characters die horribly. That's about 4 people so far...

"Gansta Rappa Guy"
"Racist White-Trash Guy Who Hates Niggers"
"Racist White-Trash Guy Who Hates Niggers' Brother, Who Hates Niggers"
"White-Trash Guy Who Beats His Wife"

Then Rick and the group find the prison, where they'll probably find the following cliches...

"Psycho Military Guy"
"Shady Government Guy"
"Cowardly Banker / Businessman Who's Actions Cause The Death Of An Important Character Guy"

I'm guessing Shane won't be killed in this series (after all it's only 6 episodes) and the producers will be too reluctant to give up that particular dynamic.

Have to say though, I really hate the "standard season fanale" that has becoem part of American TV shows over the past decade. Doubly so when the show gets the axe.

general tbag
17-Nov-2010, 04:11 AM
Someone always talks if you look hard enough

daryl dixon/Norman Reedus

-So you are coming back for season two?
Yeah. Oh yeah.

Where do you think your character will go?
I think he is going to become a big asset to the survivors. There will be a conflict coming up that I can't talk about, but then he will prove his weight. Others will see a level of trust in him. He's a good guy to have on your team. Hopefully we will get into the mind of Daryl a little more. Different shades of redneck.

http://www.fearnet.com/news/interviews/b20934_exclusive_we_chat_with_norman_reedus.html

CA: Have you talked at all with AMC about how closely future seasons of the TV show will track with the comic?
http://forum.homepageofthedead.com/#
RK: It's something I can't really discuss publicly to a certain extent, but I can say the things Frank has already said publicly. He definitely wants to deal with Herschel's farm, which is a big part of the second volume of the comic book series. And I know he wants to introduce Michonne earlier.

http://www.comicsalliance.com/2010/10/28/robert-kirkman-walking-dead-interview/

MoonSylver
17-Nov-2010, 04:44 AM
:thumbsup: Sounds good, 'cause that means the "new" "1-dimensional" characters may end up having more depth to them as we go. :)

ProfessorChaos
17-Nov-2010, 05:25 AM
i'm actually quite looking forward to rick and the survivors meeting hershel and his family. hershel is one of my favorite characters from the comics, i was pretty attached to the fella and hated how much he had to endure (how many fucking kids did that guy have?) and what ultimately happened to him...

Ghoulman
17-Nov-2010, 09:47 AM
:thumbsup: Sounds good, 'cause that means the "new" "1-dimensional" characters may end up having more depth to them as we go. :)
And what better character to do that with than a raging, biggoted redneck. Speaking of 1-dimensional, I hope they start developing Jim and Amy a little better before too long.