PDA

View Full Version : Resident Evil: Raccoon City

general tbag
16-Nov-2010, 08:56 PM
http://www.joystiq.com/2010/11/02/rumor-socoms-slant-six-working-on-multiplayer-resident-evil/

resident evil outbreak wasnt groundbreaking and i was always wanting a 3rd person zombie shooter,hopefully it works out.Could be a real work of art.

ProfessorChaos
17-Nov-2010, 12:44 AM
i always loved the SOCOM games on the ps2. about as realistic as you could get as far as tactical military games went. didn't really play any of the newer ones, just the first 2 or 3.

but shit yeah, a RE: outbreak done right, with online voice capabilities, load screens that didn't take 4 minutes apiece, and a few other fixes could be the shit. i liked the concept of RE: outbreak, it was just a very flawed couple of games...with today's technology and keeping the mistakes of the previous ones in mind, this could be a fantastic development.

general tbag
17-Nov-2010, 02:30 AM
i agree socom plus RE imagine it be 32 player raids on racoon city.Also be interesting to see if you play the gov, cops or umbrella?

ProfessorChaos
17-Nov-2010, 04:06 AM
i kinda just like the basic civilian character models of outbreak with classes such as nurse/medic/doctor, police/military veteran, computer/techie guy, mechanic, etc.

32 players seems a bit much, and i'm not really into the idea of "death-match" things....i'm imagining more of a left 4 dead (minus the ghey super zombies and sprinters) type game where maybe you can have up to 8 players working together trying to get through different parts of the city/suburbs, maybe some objective type games thrown in, but not the typical halo/CoD stuff such as capture the flag and all that, i just don't think that'd work with the RE concept.

....basically re: outbreak but not all shitty with 3 minute loading screens and crappy gameplay, with improved graphics, scenarios, mechanics, and voice-chat capabilities....and not quite as linear as the RE games but one where you had more options for exploring, raiding, scavenging, holding and fortifying strongholds, etc.

Danny
21-Nov-2010, 01:00 PM
long as going through a door doesnt take up to 3 goddamn minutes this time round im excited.

darth los
22-Nov-2010, 02:00 PM
My fingers are crossed considering what a clusterfuck Outbreak and the versus mode to RE 5 were.

The only redeeming quality in the oubreak games was found in file # 2 were you could play that bonus scenario that was in the more traditional RE style.

I bought the game for that alone.

:cool: