PDA

View Full Version : Asian Films

prettycorpses
16-Jun-2006, 09:58 AM
Ok, I was searching for asian zombie films and up popped this list,now as you can see from some titles Im a bit baffled as to if they have anything to do with zombies and after seeing Versus (which is a good film but not exactly zombiefied!) Im not too sure...anyhoo, I know some of you watch asian films too so I was wondering if you could tell me if they are worth watching!?

Wild Zero
Junk
Stacy
Bio Zombie
Kung Fu Zombie
Happiness of Katakuris
Chinese Ghost Story
Shaolin Vs Evil Dead
Magic Cop
Frankenstein Created Woman/The Legend of the 7 Golden Vampires
Black Belt Theatre: Kung Fu from Beyond the Grave/Chinese Vampire
Battlefield Baseball
Return of the Chinese Boxer
Tsui Hark's Vampire Hunters
Gravedigger

Thanx People x

axlish
16-Jun-2006, 01:44 PM
Wild Zero - Zombie/Alien flick about rock n' roll and a little tranny action to boot. Nutty flick, but fun.

Junk - This is a straight up Zombie flick. I dig it, and the main zombie chick is pretty hot (is that wrong?).

Stacy - An off the wall low budget gore fest. I enjoyed it but it isn't for everyone.

Bio Zombie - Great flick. One of the better horror comedies out there. Check this one out soon.

Battlefield Baseball - Worth the watch if you liked Versus a lot. Features some of the same cast. It is very low budget and corny though, so beware.

Tsui Hark's Vampire Hunters - found it pretty boring, cut it off midway and never finished it.

Danny
16-Jun-2006, 02:23 PM
stacy - just origional, which is rare these days, but theres something disturbing about how much of the aisian media is based on school girls in sailer outifts....:shifty:

the happines of the katakuris is the **** i friggin love that film it rocks.

Cody
16-Jun-2006, 07:41 PM
hellsing you crack me up

Adrenochrome
16-Jun-2006, 11:50 PM
hellsing you crack me up
That's quite the disturbing sig you have there....not sure what to think of it.....it's artsy, but, .....a little insane.......hmmmmm

Danny
17-Jun-2006, 03:35 AM
and a little bit pedo ,if were being honest:lol:

Adrenochrome
17-Jun-2006, 03:48 AM
and a little bit pedo ,if were being honest:lol:
so, why's it not deleted or warned?
I mean, I get warned because I **** off HLS, yet this is allowed? What gives?
Andy....is pedophelia allowed but I can't say what I think of HLS?
looks like something needs to be reported.

Cody
17-Jun-2006, 08:11 AM
ped·o·phil·i·a ( P ) Pronunciation Key (pd-fl-, pd-)
n.
The act or fantasy on the part of an adult of engaging in sexual activity with a child or children.

yeah you guys are right. totally fits the description of the definition. idiots.

get a life and stop messing with other people

there are to many little fights on here that could be avoided and little comments like this start stuff, now I come on here for the same reason as everyone else to enjoy myself

adreno over 1123 posts? get a life these boards just opened

Adrenochrome
17-Jun-2006, 12:17 PM
ped·o·phil·i·a ( P ) Pronunciation Key (pd-fl-, pd-)
n.
The act or fantasy on the part of an adult of engaging in sexual activity with a child or children.

yeah you guys are right. totally fits the description of the definition. idiots.

get a life and stop messing with other people

there are to many little fights on here that could be avoided and little comments like this start stuff, now I come on here for the same reason as everyone else to enjoy myself

adreno over 1123 posts? get a life these boards just opened

wow:confused:

MinionZombie
17-Jun-2006, 07:26 PM
Wild Zero:

Interesting flick, gotta be in the mood for it though, it lagged at times. The DVD has an extra feature - a drinking game - which is an interesting new thing. If you like rock n roll with your zombies you might wanna check it out.

Junk:

Was expecting more from this movie. Nothing much goes on, I remember it as 'thieves hold up in construction site where zombies rise and kill people'. Has it's moments, but they are few and far between.

Stacy:

Again, gotta be in the mood, but not bad actually. Japanese chicks in those school girl outfits, where have we seen that before? Oh yes, everywhere the Japanese go it'd seem, ha! But it's interesting, worth watching.

Bio Zombie:

Quite entertaining. It's Dawn of the Dead ... but in Japan's VCD age. I enjoyed it.

Haven't seen any of the other ones though.

EvilNed
17-Jun-2006, 08:00 PM
Pedo means child, and phile means friend.

So, being a pedophile just means you're friends a child or many children. :)

Danny
17-Jun-2006, 09:22 PM

that is the creepyiest post ive ever read. ever.

im just not sure why.

and what the hell is HLS?

Graebel
18-Jun-2006, 12:45 AM

Ummm, what Latin are you using? Phile usually means a lover of something. ie. Xerophile is a bacteria that loves/thrives in highly arid environments.

PS. I second the creepy nature of this topic. :(

axlish
18-Jun-2006, 01:02 AM
Lets discuss something else shall we? How about the Asian films listed?

The picture is fine. Nastiness is in the eye of the beholder. It is a girl smoking a cigarette. There was a baby smoking a cig on Van Halen's 1984.

Danny
18-Jun-2006, 02:11 AM
and yet that doesnt seem creepy to me, merely reminicent of churchill:D

Cody
18-Jun-2006, 08:33 AM
i saw stacy on dvd about a year ago i just never boaught it and cant seem to find it for rent

Danny
20-Jun-2006, 09:09 AM
LINKS TO TORRENT SITES ARE NOT PERMITTED - MZ

i dont know if its got english or french subtitles or none but heres a bittorrent for stacy, but only since its hard to find, and till i find a link for a site that sells it cheap, look for tartan asia extreme for happiness of the katakuris in england, it rocks!

and i just found out that A2 film studies has an entire section dedicated to that, battle royale and audition.

and theres almost no movie from asia thats in hmv or music zone i dont have, on that not anyone seen the new anime she the ultimate weapon i got volume 1 yesterday and its pretty unique.

krisvds
20-Jun-2006, 01:09 PM
Chinese Ghost Story: also by Tsui Hark, great film though little to no 'zombies'. Lotsa ghosts though, nice photography, good colours, wire-fu, ... Great fun if you are into seventies/eighties martial arts/wuxia.