PDA

View Full Version : 3000 russian soldiers die a year, despite not being at war

Tricky
19-Nov-2010, 08:09 AM
http://news.sky.com/skynews/Home/World-News/Russia-Thousands-Of-Soldiers-Die-Every-Year-Even-Though-Country-Is-Not-At-War-Moscow-Charity-Says/Article/201011315814944?lpos=World_News_Carousel_Region_3&lid=ARTICLE_15814944_Russia%3A_Thousands_Of_Soldie rs_Die_Every_Year%2C_Even_Though_Country_Is_Not_At _War%2C_Moscow_Charity_Says
That's shocking! Talk about brutal military doctrine! :eek:

MikePizzoff
19-Nov-2010, 12:07 PM
I've seen videos of what they put new recruits through, and it's no surprise a lot of their soldiers die at their own hands each year with the way they act, but 3,000 is fucking absurd.

Legion2213
19-Nov-2010, 07:05 PM
Seems they are trying to move towards a professional army now. I watched something on TV with volunteer para's, they get treated loads better, and have far better training and living conditions. They are treated like valuable assets, not slaves to be brutalised.

Their entire army needs scaling back though, they have whole regiments that exist only on paper due to the sheer mismanagement of money and resources, a move towards a professional army is what is needed for them.

Tricky
19-Nov-2010, 11:02 PM
Yeah something needs to change, soldiers need to be hard, that's a given, but brutalising them to that degree is just needless & sick. The British army have their fair share of discipline & rough treatment, but nothing on the scale of the Russians, and I think our lads are better for it!