PDA

View Full Version : An issue of vital concern for every parent

Publius
19-Nov-2010, 09:15 AM
pCjMGOvMghY?fs=1&hl=en_US

This touches on some of the questions I struggle with as a father every day.

MoonSylver
19-Nov-2010, 11:20 AM
:lol::lol::lol:

None of this sounds unreasonable to me at all. :p ;)

bassman
19-Nov-2010, 12:04 PM
:lol:

"Anything I have to do to keep my kid from liking Jar Jar."

deadpunk
19-Nov-2010, 07:03 PM
That is what the internet was created for. Helping people and sharing knowledge. Asking and answering the tough questions in life...

Legion2213
19-Nov-2010, 07:28 PM
If it means dressing up as Binks and scaring him in the middle of the night, I will do that...

These are dedicated, loving parents. :)

BillyRay
19-Nov-2010, 08:14 PM
It's the theme music slowly swelling up at the end that just kills me...

But dude's not gonna watch the Special Editions, yet he's still calling Star Wars "A New Hope"?

Gotta call Bullshit on that.

Dude, the film is called STAR WARS. That's the name it was originally released under.

Calling it "Episode IV", or "A New Hope" was the first of many unnecessary tweaks that Lucas came up with.

Publius
19-Nov-2010, 11:49 PM
It's the theme music slowly swelling up at the end that just kills me...

But dude's not gonna watch the Special Editions, yet he's still calling Star Wars "A New Hope"?

Gotta call Bullshit on that.

Dude, the film is called STAR WARS. That's the name it was originally released under.

Calling it "Episode IV", or "A New Hope" was the first of many unnecessary tweaks that Lucas came up with.

Yeah, but it's not a PREQUEL tweak. Star Wars has had "Episode IV: A NEW HOPE" in the opening crawl ever since 1981 (before the original trilogy was completed), including in all home video releases.

bassman
20-Nov-2010, 12:07 AM
Yeah...he's just being a purist. "If it wasn't that way in theater, it shouldn't be that way now". :(:p

That's no problem with me because I grew up watching the VHS. And the episode numbers meant nothing at the time. I thought it was just something clever to suggest there was more to the story that we don't see. Little did I know that Lucas would later fill in those gaps with what is essentially a video game.

It wasn't until the nineties and the special editions that he started taking it too far. Then of course he took it WAY too far but it doesn't hurt the original three, imo. He just proved himself to be the hack that I always told people he was. SW was lucky....Kirshner, Kasdan, and Marquand made the trilogy for me. Lucas can come up with a decent basic story, but if he doesn't have someone else to carry the ball from there it turns to shit.

SymphonicX
26-Nov-2010, 05:06 PM
undeniable geek genius....

Still for those of us that hate star wars - what does the Romero version go like?