PDA

View Full Version : When will the Extended version of "Dawn" hit blu-ray?

JDFP
21-Nov-2010, 09:13 PM
I have the 4-disc DVD release of "Dawn" and absolutely dig it beyond words. It's incredible. The best part is watching the commentaries on all the editions.

I have to admit though, I have been completely spoiled by the extended version of it. I can't "watch" just to see the film (sans commentary) any other version of the film now as I feel as if I'm missing part of it. It's like I'm missing part of the complete vision of it.

I know that the theatrical version of "Dawn" is on blu-ray, but it seems a bit pointless to me to spend $$$ on this just to have dish $$$ out again in the future to re-purchase it when the extended version eventually comes out. I'd love to have "Dawn" on blu-ray -- but if I'm going to get it, it's going to be the complete extended version. Otherwise, no thanks.

Any idea/word as to when this will eventually come out for purchase on blu-ray? I'd be there on the first day to purchase it.

j.p.

bassman
22-Nov-2010, 12:07 AM
First of all.....the BR version of the theatrical cut is definitely worth it. Awesome picture.

Second of all...If you're expecting a UE release on BR, you'll probably be waiting for many years...

JDFP
22-Nov-2010, 12:13 AM
First of all.....the BR version of the theatrical cut is definitely worth it. Awesome picture.

Second of all...If you're expecting a UE release on BR, you'll probably be waiting for many years...

I don't ever watch the theatrical cut by itself without the commentary on. It would be silly to spend money on it again when my Blu-Ray player does good enough in up-converting it. I would love to see the Extended version on Blu-Ray again -- I'd definitely shell out money again for that only (although I've already done it twice on DVD).

j.p.

bassman
22-Nov-2010, 12:54 AM
I don't ever watch the theatrical cut by itself without the commentary on. It would be silly to spend money on it again when my Blu-Ray player does good enough in up-converting it.

Your loss, I guess. You can find the BR for 5-10 dollars these days and it's totally worth it...

axlish
22-Nov-2010, 01:29 AM

What are you basing this on?

I've heard whispers of an UE Blu-ray set coming down the pipe, but nothing official. Perhaps next Halloween?

bassman
22-Nov-2010, 11:52 AM
What are you basing this on?

I've heard whispers of an UE Blu-ray set coming down the pipe, but nothing official. Perhaps next Halloween?

I'm not saying it's not possible, I just don't see it happening anytime soon. Especially when you consider that the extended cut scenes in the standard UE are complete shit quality. They would have to do some major restoration.

I just don't see Anchor Bay putting the effort into giving the complete set the BR treatment. The proper treatment, anyway. They may just port over the crap transfers and try to call that HD...

DEAD BEAT
07-Dec-2010, 10:34 PM

believe me, they probably could out wait the fans like a mofo! lol