View Full Version : Back to the Future: Your First Look

darth los
23-Nov-2010, 08:48 PM
Couldn't find the damn thread with the world class search feature we have here so...

Looks pretty cool though.

http://pc.ign.com/articles/113/1136346p1.html

:cool:

bassman
23-Nov-2010, 09:13 PM
I once had a post about this game when I thought it was going to be a REAL game like Ghostbusters. Not too interested in it after I found out what it was.

I mean....it looks cool enough, but it just doesnt seem great anymore.

The kid they got to voice marty is pretty good though...

ka5Ypwub2BA?fs=1&hl=en_US

MikePizzoff
23-Nov-2010, 09:16 PM
:lol: That was fucking awesome! Sounded just like him!

MinionZombie
24-Nov-2010, 10:08 AM
Yeah I was hoping we'd get the sort of thing we got with Ghostbusters: The Videogame, which was so much fun (the launch schedule was fucked though, especially in the UK - two days before MW2? Yeah, that's a good idea...:rolleyes:) ... but I love the GB videogame, even if as a videogame it wasn't as superb as it was as a GB videogame, you know?

Best of luck to the team doing the BTTF game, but I duno personally ... I'd have preferred more of a GB: The Videogame approach.

The guy doing the voice of Marty is quite good though.

bassman
03-Dec-2010, 05:00 PM
Trailer

iKDl9NeoLPQ?fs=1&hl=en_US

heh heh. That theme and song still gives me chills. Why couldn't we get a real game, dammit?!?

MinionZombie
03-Dec-2010, 06:01 PM
Trailer

iKDl9NeoLPQ?fs=1&hl=en_US

heh heh. That theme and song still gives me chills. Why couldn't we get a real game, dammit?!?

Cool teaser.

Looks like it won't be on XBL judging by the logos at the end of the trailer. I still wish we were getting a full-on proper BTTF game a la Ghostbusters: The Videogame (which I loved) ... but I know what you mean, BTTF can't help but tingle.

As for Marty's voice, it's pretty damn good - although I would say that the guy impersonating him has a croakier voice than Fox's at the time, who had a slightly more 'out of breath and really confused' sound to his vocals back in the day.

I wonder what sort of game this'll be, and I assume that what we saw is just a cutscene and that - maybe - it won't quite look like that, but then again maybe it will. But yeah, I wish they had been able to bring us a full-on GB style BTTF game ... that would have been super awesome.

I wonder how this will be distributing on PC ... I bet it'll be goddamn Steam though :mad: ... if I was able to get it without Steam I probably would give it a whirl actually, even though I said I wasn't that fussed about it originally ... but yeah, if it's Steam, then I won't be getting it ... fucking Steam, grrr!

Danny
03-Dec-2010, 08:07 PM
getting this shit for my ps3. day. fucking. one. I love me some point and click adventure vidyajame and i hear that its considered canon so this is the closest were gonna get to a 4th movie so im pretty dern excited.

CoinReturn
03-Dec-2010, 08:15 PM
Wow, the guy who voices Marty got it down perfectly.

Once it's available, you can download the PC version of the first episode for free. Just register at the bottom of their page:

http://www.telltalegames.com/bttfoffer

Danny
03-Dec-2010, 08:17 PM
Wow, the guy who voices Marty got it down perfectly.

Once it's available, you can download the PC version of the first episode for free. Just register at the bottom of their page:

http://www.telltalegames.com/bttfoffer

Honestly im gonna pay for it rather than use the free code, in a market dominated by meathead shooters i would rather pay to see something alternate to that stay afloat yknow?

LouCipherr
04-Dec-2010, 03:55 AM
I'm a sucker, I'll buy it. I'd rather have like MZ said, the 'Ghostbusters The Video Game' version of BTTF, but fuck it, this still looks like it could be fun. :D

Trancelikestate
04-Dec-2010, 01:16 PM
It does look cool, despite how we all wish it was made by say... rockstar or someone? hahaha, and speaking of that, i cant help but once again mention the gta bttf mods. If your as big a fan as me, you'll want to play these without a doubt. They come with autoinstallers, so no knowledge of modding is required. Just get your hands on either VC or SA by any means necessary. :p I always mention these hoping that someone new hasn't heard of them yet.

This version isn't available yet, but only the map is the new feature here.
XbsJ0FmaqcE

bassman
04-Dec-2010, 01:20 PM
I love that mod, but I just noticed that the grass area in front of the clock tower is still there in 2015. That should be a pond in 2015. And a parking lot in 1985. It's only grass(with the WWII memorial) during 1955.

Damn I'm such a nerd. :lol:

acealive1
04-Dec-2010, 01:57 PM
I love that mod, but I just noticed that the grass area in front of the clock tower is still there in 2015. That should be a pond in 2015. And a parking lot in 1985. It's only grass(with the WWII memorial) during 1955.

Damn I'm such a nerd. :lol:

yes you are LOL

---------- Post added at 09:57 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:51 AM ----------

well we all see how long it took a michael jackson dancing game to come out......so a proper BTTF game will take forever. but all im saying is they need to give the rights to rock star to make THREE full games

bassman
04-Dec-2010, 02:06 PM
[/COLOR]well we all see how long it took a michael jackson dancing game to come out......so a proper BTTF game will take forever.

Actually....the Michael Jackson game is striking while the iron is hot. In-home dance games are still a fairly new concept.

but all im saying is they need to give the rights to rock star to make THREE full games

If anyone were to make a full length BTTF game, I would imagine it would be an all new story. It wouldn't make much sense to follow the three storylines of the films because we know the stories and there's not all that much action involved. Not enough for a game, anyway.

Take Ghostbusters: The Video Game for example. A video game based on a comedy would be difficult to pull off if you were just re-tracing the beats of the film, so they approached it as an all new chapter in the franchise. It's essentially Ghostbusters 3. So from that angle they can inject much more action for a video game, and also tailor it to still be in the immediate family and "feel" of the established films.

That appears to be what they're doing with this new download BTTF game. Picking up AFTER the events of the trilogy. If they were to make the full game, I would hope it would be the same. Afterall....it would be easy to pick it up after third film. Then you take Marty and Doc on any crazy adventure you want. And one more fitting of a video game.

Andy
04-Dec-2010, 02:12 PM
I Hate to be critical of BTTF, becuase i love the films so much, but this really isnt exciting me as much as it should be.

I Think its the graphics.. it looks like something the nintendo wii has spat out, why have they gone with this 'cartoon' look?

bassman
04-Dec-2010, 02:20 PM
I assume they went with the cartoon look because it's download rather than disc. Less room for life-like characters, maybe?

I had wondered why Bob Gale says on one of the docs that MJ Fox allowed them to use his likeness. Ummm...what likeness? It's a cartoon...

Trancelikestate
24-Dec-2010, 12:52 AM
The game is out! Go play! It's actually kinda fun.

acealive1
25-Dec-2010, 01:38 PM
I assume they went with the cartoon look because it's download rather than disc. Less room for life-like characters, maybe?

I had wondered why Bob Gale says on one of the docs that MJ Fox allowed them to use his likeness. Ummm...what likeness? It's a cartoon...

his likeness......meaning a voice or his image.

bassman
25-Dec-2010, 02:19 PM
Yeah....I understand what it means. I was just pointing out that it's NOT his voice or image, so permission wasn't really needed.

MinionZombie
26-Dec-2010, 09:59 AM
Yeah....I understand what it means. I was just pointing out that it's NOT his voice or image, so permission wasn't really needed.

Well, because the cartoon image is based upon MJ Fox, then that'll be why it's required in legal circles ... such is the case with law, it's all about technicalities and specifics, so being that it's based upon someone, then that'll be why - I'd assume - the "likeness rights" thing comes in.

Doing a vocal impression is another thing - I don't think you need rights to do an impression of the dude, or anyone for in fact - so it's purely down to the visuals, cartoon or not.

bassman
26-Dec-2010, 01:05 PM
Doing a vocal impression is another thing - I don't think you need rights to do an impression of the dude, or anyone for in fact - so it's purely down to the visuals, cartoon or not.

Even with the visuals, I don't think it's close enough to matter. He wouldn't be able to sue over the very little "likeness" even if he wanted to. For example, Venkman in the REAL Ghostbusters was based on Murray, but he never gave them permission for it, iirc.

Trancelikestate
26-Dec-2010, 04:39 PM
As a fellow ghostbusters fan, please explain to me why Peter And Rays characters are switched in the cartoon? They still look the same, and their names are the same, but the likenesses seemed to be switched?

bassman
27-Dec-2010, 12:21 PM
The likenesses are switched? How do you mean? They seem like cartoon versions of the actors to me.

The real question is why did Spengler's hair turn into a blond little debbie swiss roll?:p

Trancelikestate
27-Dec-2010, 01:36 PM
Ha, that is a good question. What i meant was, when i was a kid i always thought that ray looked like bill murray, and peter looked more like dan akroyd.

bassman
27-Dec-2010, 02:20 PM
Ha, that is a good question. What i meant was, when i was a kid i always thought that ray looked like bill murray, and peter looked more like dan akroyd.

Never really noticed that. Cartoon Peter's face may be a bit slender for Murray's, but other than that I think they're pretty much spot on. Aykroyd is the tubby one and Murray is the slender guy...