PDA

View Full Version : Zombie Modes in Gaming… Dead Boring?

Rancid Carcass
25-Nov-2010, 03:32 PM
Interesting little article on IGN.

When there's no more creativity in games development... The dead will walk the earth.

http://uk.xbox360.ign.com/articles/113/1136931p1.html

Not that anyone on here is even remotely interested in zombies or anything... ;)

Danny
25-Nov-2010, 05:03 PM
yep got old real fast. best ones left 4 dead and like i said to some of you during a l4d game the other day you could make them werewolves or aliens or some shit and it would be exactly the same. its just a skin mode thats very overused.

MinionZombie
25-Nov-2010, 06:00 PM
In general, yes, it's bandwagon has been jumped on so readily that the wheels have fallen off.

Does that mean I'm done with zombies in videogames per se? No.

Rather looking forward to RDR:UN on disc, so I am. I've never been fussed with the COD:WAW zombie mode - played it once and didn't much care for it (no doubt will do the same when I get the new COD sometime) - never played any L4D in my life, but to be fair those are actual zombie games (even if the fuckers run, and have big fat ones, and witches, and bile-spewing ones and such).

Zombie modes - yeah - it's generally tired. As are all these mini games using zombies (there's a shit-ton of online shooters out there with zombies in them ... dime-a-dozen, so they are) ... what's not tired (yet) are proper zombie games. L4D fills one market, Dead Rising 1 and 2 fill another ... but, yet again, we don't have a properly good zombie game (I refer back to the idea of 'Fallout 3 with shambler zombies').

rongravy
26-Nov-2010, 02:08 AM
Maybe it's a reaction to how much most people seemed to hate RE5.
Why not zombify a game you love? I enjoy watching my kid obliterate Nazi zombies. I may have to hook him up on the Red Dead zombie thang. They should zombify everything...