PDA

View Full Version : Transformers Dark of the Moon

Rottedfreak
08-Dec-2010, 09:02 AM
The trailer should be up later today so if your up for more dog on dog action and giant monkey bot composed of vehicles without wrecking balls with suspect objects between the legs (or to put it simply toilet humour) then you should check it out.

bassman
08-Dec-2010, 12:07 PM
It's funny how out of a 2+ hour movie everyone remembers and complains about roughly 30 seconds of footage. It's like the nuke the fridge thing.

Anyway....if it looks decent I'll give it a shot. Enjpyed the first film and the second, while it DID have its problems, was not as bad as everyone made it out to be...

LouCipherr
08-Dec-2010, 02:24 PM
It's funny how out of a 2+ hour movie everyone remembers and complains about roughly 30 seconds of footage. It's like the nuke the fridge thing.

:shifty:

I think they left "SIDE" out of the title....

(wait for it... waaaaaaaait for it......)

AcesandEights
08-Dec-2010, 02:32 PM
It's like the nuke the fridge thing.

If the "Nuke the Fridge thing" weren't symptomatic of how most of the film failed :p

Indy 4 debate part LXIV!

BillyRay
08-Dec-2010, 02:33 PM
The Lunaticbot is on the grass...

LouCipherr
08-Dec-2010, 02:34 PM
the lunaticbot is on the grass...

+1, BillyRay... +1.

:D

MikePizzoff
08-Dec-2010, 05:33 PM
Enjpyed the first film and the second, while it DID have its problems, was not as bad as everyone made it out to be...

My ex made me see the first one in theaters. Not because she even gave a shit about Transformers (bitch, you ain't no nerd?!?!), but because Shaia LeDouche starred in it. It took all of my willpower to force myself to sit through the whole thing. More than one time did I start to get up to walk out of the theater, only to realize I'd just have to wait for her in the lobby, with nothing to do.

AcesandEights
08-Dec-2010, 06:00 PM
I actually thought the dude was perfect for the role in the first film.

bassman
09-Dec-2010, 12:18 AM
shRk4e88gKs?fs=1&hl=en_US

Too long for a teaser...

MoonSylver
09-Dec-2010, 12:39 AM
I heard that trailer isn't really reflective of the finished content, especially http://www.shadowandact.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/06/rockem_sockem_robots.gif
The way the robots fight. :lol:

Danny
09-Dec-2010, 02:44 AM
You ll know by now im as gay for transformers as bassman is for ghostbusters and i thought the last film sucked donkey balls. the first was too human focussed, but thats just to make it appeal to a wider audience, for the most part it was a fun summer adventure movie. this im not sure what to make of if only because it was a Michael bay trailer with no discernible threat to the eventual protagonist, no explosions or even anything being destroyed at all.

Thing is the american governments supposed to have had megatron and the allspark in there possession since like the 1800's? so how is this proof that there is life to them when they already know? thats a bad sign from whoever wrote it. still its possible this could be better than the last so im tentatively, slightly excited.

Rottedfreak
09-Dec-2010, 05:18 AM
Transformers 4:
At a zoo schoolkids admire the animals when to their astonishment they transform and have a stand off...
Following it are shots of the transformers talking to the UN, fundamnetalists rallying and attacking missiles silo's, Megatron and Optimus fighting in Vatican square.
Then a shadow falls on the moon of something massive approaching earth, the sky burns over New York City and people watch, then they hear the bellow of Unicron and everything not fixed to the ground starts to ascend, the camera shifts upward revealing lasers, grinders and gears ready to process the chaos bringers meal...

MoonSylver
09-Dec-2010, 06:43 AM
You ll know by now im as gay for transformers as bassman is for ghostbusters

Impossible. That level of gay doesn't exist. :lol:

(j/k Bass!) :p

Danny
09-Dec-2010, 09:52 AM
WANNA BET.

http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y91/khazrak/images-36.jpg

UNNN-TISS, UN-TISS, UN-TISS, UN-TISS.

*unfortunately i cannot embed flashing lights and loud dance music, but you get the joke.

bassman
09-Dec-2010, 12:16 PM
Impossible. That level of gay doesn't exist. :lol:

(j/k Bass!) :p

http://iblackedout.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/10/ghostbusters-finger.jpg

:p

LouCipherr
09-Dec-2010, 12:39 PM
c'mon now, bassman... it's ok to be Gay, see?

http://i38.photobucket.com/albums/e104/LouCipherr/Useless%20Shit%202/GOATSEBUSTERS.jpg
:lol:

Oh, and for the record.....
http://i38.photobucket.com/albums/e104/LouCipherr/Useless%20Shit%202/optimusprimejesus.png
:D

bassman
29-Apr-2011, 01:31 PM
Trailer 2

YxVt75aGko8

What can I say? I'm a sucker for huge robots and explosions. Especially on this large of a scale. They got my money.

But damn that new girl is FUGLY. Megan Fox was skanky, but at least she looked good. This new girl looks like a monster...

AcesandEights
29-Apr-2011, 02:45 PM
This new girl looks like a monster...

Clearly, she's hideous...

http://transformers3.org/wp-content/uploads/2010/07/rosie-huntington-whiteley-4.jpg

:p Though I do agree her prominent (collagen enhanced?) lips and cheekbones are served poorly by the makeup in the film.

bassman
29-Apr-2011, 02:49 PM
Everything from the neck down is fine. It's the neck up that's the problem.

http://www.joblo.com/newsimages1/TF3_still5-bg.jpg

*shivers*

She looks like a deformed Ivan Drago, ffs...

AcesandEights
29-Apr-2011, 02:58 PM
Like I said, I agree the lips and cheekbones need to be toned down rather than enhanced when they do her make up. Otherwise her whole face looks swollen, as it does in the pic you posted.

Danny
29-Apr-2011, 04:09 PM
1:yes that girl does look like shes having a mild allergic reaction and the woman can act her way ot of a paper bag made out of moist towelettes in a bucket of water.

2:that trailer was pretty damn rad.

3:it cant be as bad as revenge of the fallen was.

4: dont know if folks still have a wicked hatred for labouf but honestly hes probably the closest thing to this generation of actors' will smith and he looks like hes doing a good performance from the trailer.

5: OPTIMUS PRIME. CUTTING ROBOTS IN TWAIN.

AcesandEights
29-Apr-2011, 04:20 PM
I agree on all 5 points, actually.

rongravy
29-Apr-2011, 09:58 PM
I have a feeling this thread is a helluva lot more interesting than the 3rd movie will be.
My kids can see this one without me. I'm done. I never played with Transformers anyway, I'm all about the He Man.

bassman
29-Apr-2011, 10:05 PM
I have a feeling this thread is a helluva lot more interesting than the 3rd movie will be.
My kids can see this one without me. I'm done. I never played with Transformers anyway,

I never cared for Transformers either, but still find these movies enjoyable in a "shut off ya brain" kind of way. They're just very simple entertainment....and there's nothing wrong with that, imo...

Plus Optimus is one of the coolest on screen characters of the last decade. Love that guy...

MoonSylver
29-Apr-2011, 10:49 PM
I never cared for Transformers either, but still find these movies enjoyable in a "shut off ya brain" kind of way. They're just very simple entertainment....and there's nothing wrong with that, imo...

Nothing wrong with that. But I still can't stand these movies for some reason. And I liked the cartoon & used to collect the toys, so...:confused: :|

Plus Optimus is one of the coolest on screen characters of the last decade. Love that guy...

One of the few redeeming features. I've been a big Prime fan from back in the day. But still not enough. :(

MinionZombie
30-Apr-2011, 11:20 AM
1:yes that girl does look like shes having a mild allergic reaction and the woman can act her way ot of a paper bag made out of moist towelettes in a bucket of water.

2:that trailer was pretty damn rad.

3:it cant be as bad as revenge of the fallen was.

4: dont know if folks still have a wicked hatred for labouf but honestly hes probably the closest thing to this generation of actors' will smith and he looks like hes doing a good performance from the trailer.

5: OPTIMUS PRIME. CUTTING ROBOTS IN TWAIN.

Agreed.

Rosie Huntingdon-Whitely (the chick with the face) looks like she'll just be wandering around gawping at shit and getting into trouble. Lame. I wish they had picked somebody with a bit more personality and attitude ... I'm still to see the movie of course, but I doubt she's going to do an awful lot of anything but get in the way.

I never watched the kid's show, so the 2007 movie was my first real exposure to anything to do with it. The first one was rather enjoyable, I thought, and the second had some good stuff in it - but it was incomprehensible nonsense most of the time - this third one looks more focused, thankfully.

LaBeuf (or however the fuck it's spelled) is alright by me, I don't understand the hatred - perhaps it's more the guy himself, rather than his performances, but in a movie it's the performance that really matters (which is where I wouldn't be surprised if RH-W falls down).

rongravy
21-Sep-2011, 04:30 AM
I saw Our Idiot Brother last weekend and Bucky Larson yesterday. This better be good because my luck in movies lately has been sucking.
Although Bucky had its moments, I did alot of groaning. I've waited on this because I'm not really into cars/robots, and because I wanted to wait until it only costs $2.50. Besides, my only other choice is Bad Teacher.
So I plan on giving it a chance. I have seen the other two so at least I'm up to snuff on what up in that world.
All I can do is hope, cough cough puff puff... puff.
Right?

-- -------- Post added at 11:30 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:29 PM ----------

Ok, I saw it. It's ok as far as watching it on the bigscreen, it definitely had some dark moments. It was kind of weird that it went from being totally a gimmicky kid's movie to the bad guys actually killing people, and blowing them up, or vaporizing them, or...
You get the picture.
I'd say if they'd skipped the kiddie crap early on, and trying to sell some merchandise along with it, then it might have been some killer schnizz.
Still couldn't tell who was who half the time, except Optimus Prime's flamey armor. My kid kept telling me the red eyes are the bad guys, and I kept forgetting.
Anyhoo, it was ok for a $2.50 ticket price. If you like cars, or robots, or robot cars, then this is your bag. I don't, but it was watchable and cool to behold on the bigxcreen.
Maybe Bucky made this go down alot smoother, I dunno. Good one time viewing is my recommendation, preferably on a bigscreen. Didin't see it in 3D so I can't really say whether that'd be better, but I couldn't really see where it would've either. Shit was flying around too fast to focus on much. Blah, blah, blah...

Neil
21-Sep-2011, 09:10 AM
It was kind of weird that it went from being totally a gimmicky kid's movie to the bad guys actually killing people, and blowing them up, or vaporizing them, or...
So like the first one, it's misjudging its audience? The first one was almost certainly aimed at kids, action and plot wise, and then they throw in completely inappropriate gratuitous t*ts&ar$e footage, and 'comedy' scenes about masturbation. I don't get it. Miss out those stupid shots/scenes, and you have a super family friendly action flick, but with them, who exactly is it aimed at? My 8yr old loves to watch the film, but I'm only happy for him to do so if I'm there to skip one or two questionable (unecessary) scenes.

Have they done the same with the third one then?

MinionZombie
21-Sep-2011, 09:43 AM
So like the first one, it's misjudging its audience? The first one was almost certainly aimed at kids, action and plot wise, and then they throw in completely inappropriate gratuitous t*ts&ar$e footage, and 'comedy' scenes about masturbation. I don't get it. Miss out those stupid shots/scenes, and you have a super family friendly action flick, but with them, who exactly is it aimed at? My 8yr old loves to watch the film, but I'm only happy for him to do so if I'm there to skip one or two questionable (unecessary) scenes.

Have they done the same with the third one then?

But would your 8 year-old even understand those scenes - particularly the 'comedy wanking' scene?

It's like Ghostbusters - the movie I saw during my childhood was one thing, and then re-watching it after a long time away from it as a 21 year old was a totally different experience where I realised just how many rude jokes are in there ... mind you, it's a tad more subtle than Transformers could dream of being. :p

Neil
21-Sep-2011, 09:57 AM
But would your 8 year-old even understand those scenes - particularly the 'comedy wanking' scene?

I think it, and a couple of other scenes, are inappropriate for an 8-10yr old IMHO. But my main issue, is it's not just inappropriate and unnecessary, but the screen time could have been put to far better use (especially for the age group being targetted).

Maybe I'm just a prude! I noticed in The Goonies there's some very unnecessary strong language in it :(

Danny
21-Sep-2011, 11:11 AM
gaping plot wholes aside it IS better than the second.

with one exception.

http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y91/khazrak/ken-jeong.jpg

DEEP FUCKING WANG

im so sick of this assholes "the tiny ghetto talking chinese guy" schtik. He is even more one dimensional then will ferrel. really. think about that. this man has less acting range than will fucking ferrel!?!

SymphonicX
21-Sep-2011, 11:29 AM
This film is more offensive than Jade Goody's dumpster abortion.

no thanks!

Neil
21-Sep-2011, 12:25 PM
Jade Goody's dumpster abortion
Do WHAT?